Linksys WRT1200AC-AU

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Year following the WRT54G, this is an awesome successor.

I actually started off Linksys AC 1900 and I kept on loading up the DD-WRT . This combination has been pretty awesome and quite stable has lots of options and the wireless connectivity is pretty good. Now recently downgraded to the Linksys AC1200 , and I've had with the UniFi access points . My house these has provided me with the of both worlds, awesome Wi-Fi coverage excellent router performance and functionality. I use this as a VPN Gateway and it is quite capable of handling 100 megabit connection across Telstra cable.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Reliable, fast, easy to use software

Paid $99 for this modem. The features of the software are more than enough for a budget modem, it works great with fttp nbn, no issues with speed and it looks great. The parental controls are good to monitor your kids online activity and you can even enable and disable the internet with their android app.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

No more Wifi dropouts

I bought this router after many issues including Wifi dropouts I have been having with a Netgear modem router. After doing some research on routers I have finally decided to buy this Linksys WRT1200AC router which is very fast router in its class.

First of all, I haven't had a single wifi dropout since I set this up about a month ago.

Pros:
+ Easy to set up (good UI)
+ Fast Wifi (dual band)
+ Super fast network file sharing using USB3 (this is almost as fast as any network shared Desktop/NAS)
+ 4 Gigabit ethernet ports
+ You can install custom firmware such as DD-WRT
+ Parental control

Cons:
- Guest mode does not support a secured wireless network such as WPA2. It only supports browser password security

I would definitely recommend this router to anyone looking to expand their home network. This can be used as a network router, wireless access point or simply like a switch (using bridge mode).

Date PurchasedJan 2018