Linksys WRT1900ACS

Linksys WRT1900ACS

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Paul TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Out of the Box, very average, but modify it then it becomes AWESOME

Out of the box this router is average with average wifi signal. I use TPlink longer antennas, also I use the David Openwrt firmware. It's great for my NBN HFC paired with a Cisco SPA112 for VOIP.

Purchased in November 2018 at eBay for $199.00.

Number of Connected Devices 8 devices
ISPExetel NBN 100 (Premium)
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability
Paul T

The only thing bad I could say about this router, is it's missing VOIP. If it had VOIP it would be Wonderful. I hope linksys will one day make a WRT router with VOIP. For sure I will buy that when it comes out.

iMan

iManAU

Scary Looking Spider

I have had numerous WRT routers, and this one is as good as any of them. You can flash it with a custom Linux based firmware and practically use it as a computer. I am running a custom firewall, torrent, and a VPN server directly on the router. Can't recommend it more...

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Paul

PaulMelbourne

DO NOT BUY from LINKSUX, absolute scam, JBHiFi should be embarrassed

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hocine D

Hocine DAU

DO NOT BUY, YOU WILL REGRET!!!

Horrible signal range, it makes me angry that there are fake reviews on this, horrible horrible router, avoid buying as it disconnects randomly 5 times a day, almost unusable, can't use it if your 15 meters away, just plain ugly. it overheats and turns off at random times also, would not recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Leob

LeobSydney

Misleading packaging. Doesn't connect to internet out of box.

I splashed out on this router, thinking it would connect to the internet out of the box, which has been my usual router buying experience up until now.
Sadly, it doesn't include a modem, and also doesn't state anywhere on the box that one is required! Linksys should put a warning label on their boxes if they are going to leave off essential features in products. Awful experience, will never buy Linksys again.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Brenna

BrennaMelbourne

Great Signal Range

I bought this router as the internet was dropping out in the upstairs bedrooms of my house.
did some research about get an extender of if just a better router was the answer, decided on this one and am very pleased with the results.
Wifi signal is now even strong and reliable in the shed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

mrichy

mrichySydney

Good router with decent price

This router was definitely a lot better than the 4 year old router it replaced - strong wifi signal coverage extending across 2-storey house around 500 sq m in size. easy to set up and has many customisable features and can enable the "dd-wrt" mode for more stable connections and speeds

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Richard

RichardSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great all-rounder for the media-hungry household

I have been using this router for the past few years and I stand by it. The industrial build only serves to match the workload this is able to take on with minimal fuss. I rarely have to restart it and it is constantly providing excellent speeds to my entire house (4 bedroom)

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Sam

Sam

Decent router, price is good.

I got this router from wireless1 via eBay when they ran 20% promotion. It ended up cost me about $115. However, the firmware wasn't very good, I have to install OPENWRT myself to achieve what I need. I highly recommend you do the same. OPENWRT provides more functions. You can do more research about the router, I am happy for this product.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Dan

DanMelbourne

Nice router for good range and to use with Untangle Firmware

Bought the router because my NetComm wireless router couldn't reach the garage which is separated from the house. With WRT1900ACS, I can get powerful signal even though the garage is full of metal panels and shelves and can play Netflix movies in HD with my Apple TV 4.

I have also installed Untangle Web filter firmware and filter all the traffic to prevent my little kids accidentally access inappropriate content. Router works without any issue with the custom image. Best router ever purchased.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

The Beard

The BeardMelbourne

A lot of hype but not fantastic.

I was expecting a lot from this Linksys product however I was a little disappointed, mostly with the range of the device. It is fairly easy to set and and connects perfectly to all devices however it has trouble reaching all parts of the house. It talks it up big about having a great range but doesn't really get the job done. If you live in a smaller house or unit then I would recommend because the speeds are good and the connectivity is strong when up close.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

dan801

dan801Queensland

Good Features

I bought this because I wanted to run DDWRT custom firmware. This brand is one of the few that allow this. The router itself seems stable and fast although I think it suffers from poor reception. The size is a bit big and may not fit in small spaces. Overall I can't complain though.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

albert T

albert Tmelbourne

Keep dropping off.

Bought the wireless router in June 2016. Internet kept dropping off every second day. Tried to resolve the problem with Support line over a month. Finally, had it replaced in February this year. The same problem occurs. I now resign to turning off and on the router every second day.

Date PurchasedJun 2016