Linksys WRT1900ACS

Linksys WRT1900ACS

See the Best Routers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Linksys? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Number of Connected Devices 16.5 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
Rohan Edward
Rohan EdwardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

IS there something lower that I can rate.

Purchased in November 2020 at Apple Store Australia.

Paul TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Out of the Box, very average, but modify it then it becomes AWESOME

Out of the box this router is average with average wifi signal. I use TPlink longer antennas, also I use the David Openwrt firmware. It's great for my NBN HFC paired with a Cisco SPA112 for VOIP.

Purchased in November 2018 at eBay for $199.00.

Paul T

The only thing bad I could say about this router, is it's missing VOIP. If it had VOIP it would be Wonderful. I hope linksys will one day make a WRT router with VOIP. For sure I will buy that when it comes out.

Other Routers

iMan
iManAU

Scary Looking Spider

I have had numerous WRT routers, and this one is as good as any of them. You can flash it with a custom Linux based firmware and practically use it as a computer. I am running a custom firewall, torrent, and a VPN server directly on the router. Can't recommend it more...

Date PurchasedAug 2017

DO NOT BUY from LINKSUX, absolute scam, JBHiFi should be embarrassed

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hocine D
Hocine DAU

DO NOT BUY, YOU WILL REGRET!!!

Horrible signal range, it makes me angry that there are fake reviews on this, horrible horrible router, avoid buying as it disconnects randomly 5 times a day, almost unusable, can't use it if your 15 meters away, just plain ugly. it overheats and turns off at random times also, would not recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Leob
LeobSydney

Misleading packaging. Doesn't connect to internet out of box.

I splashed out on this router, thinking it would connect to the internet out of the box, which has been my usual router buying experience up until now.
Sadly, it doesn't include a modem, and also doesn't state anywhere on the box that one is required! Linksys should put a warning label on their boxes if they are going to leave off essential features in products. Awful experience, will never buy Linksys again.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Richard
RichardSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great all-rounder for the media-hungry household

I have been using this router for the past few years and I stand by it. The industrial build only serves to match the workload this is able to take on with minimal fuss. I rarely have to restart it and it is constantly providing excellent speeds to my entire house (4 bedroom)

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Sam
Sam

Decent router, price is good.

I got this router from wireless1 via eBay when they ran 20% promotion. It ended up cost me about $115. However, the firmware wasn't very good, I have to install OPENWRT myself to achieve what I need. I highly recommend you do the same. OPENWRT provides more functions. You can do more research about the router, I am happy for this product.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Other Routers

Dan
DanMelbourne

Nice router for good range and to use with Untangle Firmware

Bought the router because my NetComm wireless router couldn't reach the garage which is separated from the house. With WRT1900ACS, I can get powerful signal even though the garage is full of metal panels and shelves and can play Netflix movies in HD with my Apple TV 4.

I have also installed Untangle Web filter firmware and filter all the traffic to prevent my little kids accidentally access inappropriate content. Router works without any issue with the custom image. Best router ever purchased.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Routers

Find out how Linksys WRT1900ACS compares to other Routers

The Beard
The BeardMelbourne

A lot of hype but not fantastic.

I was expecting a lot from this Linksys product however I was a little disappointed, mostly with the range of the device. It is fairly easy to set and and connects perfectly to all devices however it has trouble reaching all parts of the house. It talks it up big about having a great range but doesn't really get the job done. If you live in a smaller house or unit then I would recommend because the speeds are good and the connectivity is strong when up close.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
albert T
albert Tmelbourne

Keep dropping off.

Bought the wireless router in June 2016. Internet kept dropping off every second day. Tried to resolve the problem with Support line over a month. Finally, had it replaced in February this year. The same problem occurs. I now resign to turning off and on the router every second day.

Date PurchasedJune 2016