Linksys WRT1900ACS

• Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
Rohan Edward

Rohan EdwardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

IS there something lower that I can rate.

Purchased in November 2020 at Apple Store Australia.

Rom_G

Rom_GVictoria

Excellent performance but Overheating

3 weeks ago bought this router from ebay as our network was getting overloaded with devices. It did perform well up to my expectations. But when warmer days were approaching it was getting overheated and shutting down. Had to return it.

Purchased in October 2019.

Paul

PaulNortheast, VIC

DO NOT BUY from LINKSUX, absolute scam, JBHiFi should be embarrassed

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Routers

Find out how Linksys WRT1900ACS compares to other Routers

Hocine D

Hocine DAU

DO NOT BUY, YOU WILL REGRET!!!

Horrible signal range, it makes me angry that there are fake reviews on this, horrible horrible router, avoid buying as it disconnects randomly 5 times a day, almost unusable, can't use it if your 15 meters away, just plain ugly. it overheats and turns off at random times also, would not recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Leob

LeobSydney

Misleading packaging. Doesn't connect to internet out of box.

I splashed out on this router, thinking it would connect to the internet out of the box, which has been my usual router buying experience up until now.
Sadly, it doesn't include a modem, and also doesn't state anywhere on the box that one is required! Linksys should put a warning label on their boxes if they are going to leave off essential features in products. Awful experience, will never buy Linksys again.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Brenna

BrennaMelbourne

Great Signal Range

I bought this router as the internet was dropping out in the upstairs bedrooms of my house.
did some research about get an extender of if just a better router was the answer, decided on this one and am very pleased with the results.
Wifi signal is now even strong and reliable in the shed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
mrichy

mrichySydney

Good router with decent price

This router was definitely a lot better than the 4 year old router it replaced - strong wifi signal coverage extending across 2-storey house around 500 sq m in size. easy to set up and has many customisable features and can enable the "dd-wrt" mode for more stable connections and speeds

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sam

Sam

Decent router, price is good.

I got this router from wireless1 via eBay when they ran 20% promotion. It ended up cost me about $115. However, the firmware wasn't very good, I have to install OPENWRT myself to achieve what I need. I highly recommend you do the same. OPENWRT provides more functions. You can do more research about the router, I am happy for this product.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
The Beard

The BeardMelbourne

A lot of hype but not fantastic.

I was expecting a lot from this Linksys product however I was a little disappointed, mostly with the range of the device. It is fairly easy to set and and connects perfectly to all devices however it has trouble reaching all parts of the house. It talks it up big about having a great range but doesn't really get the job done. If you live in a smaller house or unit then I would recommend because the speeds are good and the connectivity is strong when up close.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Routers

Find out how Linksys WRT1900ACS compares to other Routers

dan801

dan801Queensland

Good Features

I bought this because I wanted to run DDWRT custom firmware. This brand is one of the few that allow this. The router itself seems stable and fast although I think it suffers from poor reception. The size is a bit big and may not fit in small spaces. Overall I can't complain though.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
albert T

albert Tmelbourne

Keep dropping off.

Bought the wireless router in June 2016. Internet kept dropping off every second day. Tried to resolve the problem with Support line over a month. Finally, had it replaced in February this year. The same problem occurs. I now resign to turning off and on the router every second day.

Date PurchasedJune 2016