Linksys WRT1900ACS

• Wi-Fi Range
Rom_G

Rom_GVictoria

Excellent performance but Overheating

3 weeks ago bought this router from ebay as our network was getting overloaded with devices. It did perform well up to my expectations. But when warmer days were approaching it was getting overheated and shutting down. Had to return it.

Purchased in October 2019.

Paul TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Out of the Box, very average, but modify it then it becomes AWESOME

Out of the box this router is average with average wifi signal. I use TPlink longer antennas, also I use the David Openwrt firmware. It's great for my NBN HFC paired with a Cisco SPA112 for VOIP.

Purchased in November 2018 at eBay for $199.00.

Paul T

The only thing bad I could say about this router, is it's missing VOIP. If it had VOIP it would be Wonderful. I hope linksys will one day make a WRT router with VOIP. For sure I will buy that when it comes out.

iMan

iManAU

Scary Looking Spider

I have had numerous WRT routers, and this one is as good as any of them. You can flash it with a custom Linux based firmware and practically use it as a computer. I am running a custom firewall, torrent, and a VPN server directly on the router. Can't recommend it more...

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Routers

Find out how Linksys WRT1900ACS compares to other Routers

Brenna

BrennaMelbourne

Great Signal Range

I bought this router as the internet was dropping out in the upstairs bedrooms of my house.
did some research about get an extender of if just a better router was the answer, decided on this one and am very pleased with the results.
Wifi signal is now even strong and reliable in the shed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
mrichy

mrichySydney

Good router with decent price

This router was definitely a lot better than the 4 year old router it replaced - strong wifi signal coverage extending across 2-storey house around 500 sq m in size. easy to set up and has many customisable features and can enable the "dd-wrt" mode for more stable connections and speeds

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Richard

RichardSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great all-rounder for the media-hungry household

I have been using this router for the past few years and I stand by it. The industrial build only serves to match the workload this is able to take on with minimal fuss. I rarely have to restart it and it is constantly providing excellent speeds to my entire house (4 bedroom)

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Dan

DanMelbourne

Nice router for good range and to use with Untangle Firmware

Bought the router because my NetComm wireless router couldn't reach the garage which is separated from the house. With WRT1900ACS, I can get powerful signal even though the garage is full of metal panels and shelves and can play Netflix movies in HD with my Apple TV 4.

I have also installed Untangle Web filter firmware and filter all the traffic to prevent my little kids accidentally access inappropriate content. Router works without any issue with the custom image. Best router ever purchased.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
dan801

dan801Queensland

Good Features

I bought this because I wanted to run DDWRT custom firmware. This brand is one of the few that allow this. The router itself seems stable and fast although I think it suffers from poor reception. The size is a bit big and may not fit in small spaces. Overall I can't complain though.

Date PurchasedJune 2017