Linksys WRT1900ACS

• Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range

Paul TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Out of the Box, very average, but modify it then it becomes AWESOME

Out of the box this router is average with average wifi signal. I use TPlink longer antennas, also I use the David Openwrt firmware. It's great for my NBN HFC paired with a Cisco SPA112 for VOIP.

Purchased in November 2018 at eBay for A$199.00.

Number of Connected Devices8 devices
ISPExetel NBN 100 (Premium)
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Reliability
Wi-Fi Range
Paul T

The only thing bad I could say about this router, is it's missing VOIP. If it had VOIP it would be Wonderful. I hope linksys will one day make a WRT router with VOIP. For sure I will buy that when it comes out.

iMan

iManAU

Scary Looking Spider

I have had numerous WRT routers, and this one is as good as any of them. You can flash it with a custom Linux based firmware and practically use it as a computer. I am running a custom firewall, torrent, and a VPN server directly on the router. Can't recommend it more...

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Richard

RichardSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great all-rounder for the media-hungry household

I have been using this router for the past few years and I stand by it. The industrial build only serves to match the workload this is able to take on with minimal fuss. I rarely have to restart it and it is constantly providing excellent speeds to my entire house (4 bedroom)

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Routers

Find out how Linksys WRT1900ACS compares to other Routers

Dan

DanMelbourne

Nice router for good range and to use with Untangle Firmware

Bought the router because my NetComm wireless router couldn't reach the garage which is separated from the house. With WRT1900ACS, I can get powerful signal even though the garage is full of metal panels and shelves and can play Netflix movies in HD with my Apple TV 4.

I have also installed Untangle Web filter firmware and filter all the traffic to prevent my little kids accidentally access inappropriate content. Router works without any issue with the custom image. Best router ever purchased.

Date PurchasedJul 2017