5Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash

Leaves mouth fresh
Plenty of options
Cost effective
Overpowering taste
Can produce a burning sensation
Brand Manager for Listerine? Claim your listing.

JanO
JanOSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Burned Mouth and Throat

I used this Mouthwash at the end of March 2020. 4-5 days later I noticed I had lost my taste. This product burned my mouth and throat. After many visits to Doctor, Dentist, Oral & Ear, Nose & Throat specialists at my expense, 3 months later my taste is slowly returning by about 80%. Show details
NOT HAPPY JAN
NOT HAPPY JANSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Warning this product contains huge amount of alcohol

Do not use if you are driving. This product contains a high amount of alcohol. You will be charged with drink driving if caught. My husband blew .069 after rinsing. Show details
Jane
JaneSydney, NSW10 posts

Great product

Love using Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash. I use it twice a day and it really leaves me feeling so fresh.

Great price and often on special too. Will continue to use as my favourite mouth wash

Jean
JeanNew South Wales49 posts

I prefer Listerine over other brands

Listerine is very strong (though they have a range that's non-alcoholic) and I prefer the intense burn. They have quite a good range of flavours too, so it doesn't get boring, though I tend to stick with Spearmint and Fresh Mint.

I've tried other brands, but none of them seem to be as strong as Listerine, and often, the flavours don't taste as good either. The only flavour of Listerine that I really don't like is the flavour of the Whitening mouthwash...

It is one of the pricier mouthwashes, but they are also often on sale - so it works out.

brian
brian3,656 posts

about average

I used to buy this listerine mouth wash product from the towradgi gold cross chemist nsw and found it worked quite well though it didn't like the fact that the label on the container stated alcohol so I stopped using it / I recommend this product as it works quite well though it did sting a little bit @ not much and it's nothing to worry about really

T.Pritchard
T.Pritchard2 posts

Great product

I have used listerine quite alot and find it a great product to clear off mouth ulcers, sore throats and gingivitis. Plus the ad that shows the explosion in your mouth is spot on but its only a short period and afterwards the mouth feels clean albeit after quite a few spits to rid the rest of it out. I would recommend this product to other adults. My only issue was concern for people with RSI or Arthritis who would never be able to get the lid off (which is probably safety regulation) however ignores a good market. Keep up the good work.
Fresh breath clean feeling after use.
Lid - very difficult to open.
lovebottledwater
lovebottledwaterBallarat25 posts

No Way

I don't know how people could use this product, they is nothing in it that is safe, with all the oral cancer these days, I wonder how many are triggered or caused by listerine, and if the alcohol based one is safe, why wold they create a non alcohol based one. do people ever google and learn what's in the things they put in their body.
nathing
toxic ingredients
Bethany41
Bethany41DARWIN4 posts

J_xo
J_xoVIC172 posts

Good

This is a great mouthwash. Comes in different flavours (I like the new purple one) and different sizes. Its great for people with a sensitive mouth/gums too.
Gives me a fresh breath! I find its a mouthwash that actually works and that isn't too expensive
Apart from if you accidently swallow its yuck.
JackJames
JackJamesVIC, 317532 posts

the best mouthwash product i have ever used

it does a perfect job, leaves mouth clean and freashing, it feels great and refreshing after using it in the morning, and leaves mouth completely clean before go to bed.

it can be expensive, but sometime it is on special in priceline or chemist warehouse.
feels refreshing after using it and does a perfect cleaning job
expensive, but worth it

badboybilly
badboybillyAU14 posts

euneeqemmy
euneeqemmyAU12 posts

tas81c
tas81c40 posts

Good

My boyrfriend is obsessed with this stuff! I use it occationally and find it great for a clean mouth feeling. the dentist said they make this brand too strong so don't be affraid to water it down 50:50. Since doing that it is kinder on my gums and still gives you that fresh mouth feeling.
Wow you can feel the clean.
Can be too strong for my gums
MotherMoon
MotherMoonWA, 6210455 posts

Good

LISTERINE IS REALLY GOOD product, It has nice packaging and the product itself well you need only a small amount, the trouble is that the taste os so over bearing you cant wait to get rid of it out of your mouth, now it does leave you mouth feeling clean and fresh but being so over powering it just make my eyes water and I cant use it as it should be used or for the amount of time I should gargle for. I like this one so I have used it I just have too water it down a bit. Then i am thinking that i have a less superior product that i am using, cant win on this one.
This product really gives you a blast from the past.
Cant wait to get it out of your mouth.
BPCUTIE1093
BPCUTIE1093

Good

I liked it but agian, it is very strong. My sister can not handle it but my father loves it. It is different for everyone but I would suggest this product to many people.
I love the "flavors". Left your breath feeling very clean.
To strong for many people. Has way to much alcohol in it.

Jane J.
Jane J.

Does mustering contain chlorhexidine

Andrew F
Andrew F

I stopped using Listerine recently because, in recent times, it started "foaming" when gargled. I recently traveled overseas and thought I'd try the product again. To my astonishment I found that the old, non-foaming product was available. Will Listerine return to the old, non-foaming formula in Australia or will the new, foaming Australian formula be maintained?

Fired Up
Fired Up

Get a friend to ask the company rather than the public

Listerine typically has a high alcohol count, for example the Listerine Original Mouthwash contains 26.9% alcohol as an inactive ingredient. This often leads to an intense burning feeling during use, which is popularised on the Listerine TV ads.

While some people actually enjoy this burning feeling, others would rather do without it, and dislike the effects of alcohol in a mouthwash.

In this case, the ‘Zero’ range of mouthwashes (which includes Listerine Total Care Zero and Listerine Zero) are formulated as zero-alcohol mouthwashes. These have a more subtle flavour than the offerings with alcohol in them.

Seeing as the active ingredients are all essential oils (which are effective antimicrobials), the alcohol isn’t necessary. These essential oils (or parts of essential oils) include eucalyptol, menthol, methyl salicylate and thymol.