5Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash

Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash

5Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash
3.8

71%15%13%
Brand Manager for Listerine? Claim your listing.

Daniella21
Daniella2111 posts

Good

Overall, i would reccomend this product, it is more professional, quick and easy to use. Smells nice and fresh. And the kids love it aswell so makes life easier with getting them to do their teeth.
Durin the day Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash makes it easy to keep your breath smelling nice and fresh. i dont like the look of people chewing gum, expecially durng a business meeting or while you are serving customers. The listerine mouth wash means you can freshen your breath easily after morning tea and lunch break.
None, apart from the only bottles i can find in shops are the bigs ones. I would prefure a small bottle i could carry around in my handbag. then i could use it anywhere in any situation.
EileenGarraway
EileenGarrawayVic, 3178113 posts

This mounthwash has been around for years and I believe it will last even longer than it has been around, as the saying goes, if you are on a good thing stick to it. I feel that Listerine is wonderful for your mouth and it helps keep away any bacteria and if you are like myself and are in retail, it keeps your breath fresh when talking to the customers. A really great product, keep it on the supermarket shelves.
Listerine mouthwash makes me feel like I have a clean and fresh mouth and that my breath isn't going to annoy people with whom I am having a conversation with.
Nothing at all.
Hutcher
Hutcher34 posts

Good

I don't view mouthwash as a necessary product (it doesn't really do anything that proper brushing and flossing can't, despite what the ads might tell you!) but this is an easy way to freshen up between more involved oral hygiene sessions.
Fresh, non-artificial flavour. A quick way to "pep" your mouth up between brushes. Flavour of the tartar control version isn't as harsh as the standard straw coloured bottles. Cheap, especially if you buy it on special.
It's extremely alcoholic. And if I use it after brushing my teeth before I go to bed, I wake up with a disgustingly dry mouth. Blue colour can stain teeth if you have porous enamal.
Prettypearls
Prettypearls86 posts

Good

Good in the bathroom, as it is a great emergency to freshen up your mouth when someone comes over for a visit for instance. This product is stocked is easily accessible, as it is stocked at a lot of pharmacies, supermarkets and milk bars for instance. They tend to go on sale from time to time and comes in different flavours for your choosing.
Fantastic for getting rid of bad breath and a great quick mouth freshener, which can be a quick alternative to brushing your teeth after eating lunch for instance.
Strong smell. When I first used this, I felt like I wanted to vomit because it tasted like yucky medicine. After using it for a while, I've adjusted to the smell.
qestra
qestra186 posts

OK

i have read and heard that new research has shown that mouth washes that contain a large amount of alcohol have been linked recently with cancer of the mouth so although this product does seem quite good, it tastes OK and seems to make your mouth feel fresh, I am not very comfortable about continuinfg to use it and I have switched to a product that does not have any alcohol in it
it does make your mouth feel fresh and i feel sure that it kils a lot of germs - although perhaps not all!
the amount of alcohol in this mouth wash
Mobbsie
Mobbsie37 posts

Good

It is great if you have very sensitive teeth also, it seems to strengthen them and ensures that no infections set in.
Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash is great, it leaves your entire mouth feeling really fresh and clean. I also love the fact that it has a safety cap on the lid so that little fingers cannot open this and drink from it, and you really don't need much to rinse in your mouth as it can be very powerful. But this means it lasts for quite a long time.
The only dislike I have noticed is if you happen to run out and don't have some more in your house that particular day until you get some more your teeth and entire mouth seem to feel very dirty and not as clean as they have previously been.
Roughasguts
Roughasguts8 posts

Good

Unfortunately it is pricey but the alternative is mouth ulcers for me. So no thanks I would much rather pay this price and be smoke free and ulcer free.
I use to suffer from mouth ulcers! right from a kid. But when I started smoking the ulcers went away. Then two years ago a gave up the smokes but the mouth ulcers came back. So after lots of re-search no thanks to Doctors, I found tooth paste is a major contributor to mouth ulcers, and found using this mouth wash the ulcers went away. So now I'm way less miserable and didn't take the smokes up again do to ulcers.
It's a bit pricey and the bad publicity about the possibility of mouth Cancer do to the ethynol in the product.
qqbrightstar
qqbrightstar58 posts

OK

This product is very strong I have to say, it almost have the same effect as hot chili I feel. I honestly don't like the taste of it and the taste or smell it left after each use. It can help to keep mouth clean, wash away plague and protect teeth from rot. However because it is so strong, I only use it very occassionly and only after dilute it (one cap amount in a cup of water).
Help to refresh breath and remove plague.
I am a bit worry after heard that listerine mouth wash can cause cancer and stop using it.
cute_meow
cute_meowSydney, NSW12 posts

I am really happy with Listerine, my fave range is Teeth Defence and Fresh Burst. Combined with brushing, flossing and getting enough daily calcium everyday is really improving my teeth.
It is really refreshing and stops bad breath. After years using it, my teeth has no plague and less capvities. Its price is also fairly cheap compare to other leading brands, and you can always find them discounted in some chemists. You can also dilute it with water if it's too strong, or get the Smooth Mint one for a less intense mint.
Sometimes the Teeth Defence is always sold out
red78
red7889 posts

OK

This product has been around for years and still going strong and is very popular. Leaves mouth feeling very fresh & minty (despite being a bit strong and yucky tasting when in the mouth) and is a good breath freshner. Comes in different flavours and quite well priced for the size of it.
very reasonable in price for the size of the bottle and leaves your mouth feeling clean, fresh & minty. Bottle will last for ages if you use sparingly - don't need a lot.
It is quite strong and doesn't taste really nice despite leaving a nice minty taste in the mouth afterwards.
marcel148
marcel148Australia31 posts

OK

I can only use Listerine Smooth Mint. I can not use any other type of the product ranges, especially the "Fresh Burst". That type of product is too strong. I wish there is a listerine product, which is milder than Listerine Smooth Mint.
Keep mouth clean and fresh for morning or night times. I like this product especially the "Listerine Smooth Mint", the degree of "bursting" in your mouth is quite low, so it will not severely irritate my gum and tounge. The price is quite cheap.
I was worry when there was an article in the newspaper saying that listerine mouth wash can cause cancer.
baggio2k2008
baggio2k2008188 posts

the best and most trusted mouth wash on the market at the best price. i loved using this product and i cant wait to brush my teeth because the fresh breath is what i love about the product. it is strong in the mouth and it burns which i love, i feel that it kills all the germs with the burning sensation. suitable for everyone that keeps clean teeth. one product you will not be disappointed with. a very trusted brand. available in all retail outlets and supermarkets!
Listerine is my favorite mouth wash to use. the fresh burst after rinsing is excellent. stops bad breath
rachelk
rachelk47 posts

Good

I think of it as basic after brushing. It gives you a fresh feel after rinsing. One problem the fresh feel doesnt last for as long as they show on the ad. I wish it came in a little milder form as well
The fresh feel left afterwards
Very strong
kfmcnm
kfmcnm121 posts

Listerine is a great product especially when used with correct brushing and flossing. I used to get Gingivitis but Listerine has helped eliminate this. The antiseptic in this kills all the germs that sit in the mouth after flossing and refreshes your mouth totally. When I have not used Listerine when I have been away on holidays I feel as though I haven't cleaned my teeth properly. The large bottle sizes are very economical as well.
I absolutely love Listerine as it makes your mouth feel so fresh. It is an essential part of preventing tooth decay and gum disease.
Kymbo
Kymbo

fernyfluffles
fernyflufflesTas, 7320118 posts

Good

Overall it is a decent mouthwash, for a pretty reasonable price. It comes in many different varieties of flavours and types, so you are bound to find one which suits your needs and personal taste. It's great for healthy teeth and gums and it is a well known brand!
Fresh breath after use, the taste is not too bad, not very expensive, lasts a long time, can be diluted, great for healthy teeth
I personally found the taste a bit overpowering which could be due to the alcohol content. It stings the gums and tongue, and the aftertaste lingers around for a long time

drifand
drifandWA, 6112185 posts

Good

Ok, I find Listerine Antiseptic mouthwash pretty effective. Everytime I eaten anything like garlic or any strong taste food products, Listerine will be the product to wash away the smell and taste. I sometimes use it as a pre-brush and sometimes I use if after. The thing about listerine is that it may sting and just about 30 seconds I could sometimes feel my tears coming out. Maybe they made the product too strong and may not be everyones cup of tea. Plex may be a better solution and is cheaper.
very good mouth wash
can bee too hot for some people. and expensive
allyxo
allyxoAustralia22 posts

Terrible

My dentist scared me off of it! I will never be using it again. The taste isn't that nice to me, either.
It does freshen breath, but is very strong.
My dentist told me to stop using Listerine mouthwash, as it has alcohol in it which ruins teeth.
starflyy
starflyy63 posts

I works really well and it tastes better than some of the other stronger mouthwashes. I think fresh mint is one of the best flavors of listerine mouthwash. I think it works really well.
It doesn't burn your mouth like some mouuthwashes can.
Well it is a little expensive.
KayeFP
KayeFP3 posts

OK

I've continued to buy it and use it but I've no real evidence of whether it works. It sounds like it does more than a simple mouth-freshening wash. I'd like to give some others a try though.
I like the thought of how this supposedly fluoridates my teeth and freshens my breath.
When I first used it I was overwhelmed by the stingy sort of feeling it created in my mouth which gets worse the longer its in. It's expensive. The child-proof cap can be difficult to undo which means I always leave the bottle ajar.
Hillcrest
Hillcrest37 posts

Listerine Original makes your mouth feel fresh, after brushing. The fresh feeling seems to last for ages and you don't get that 'my teeth feel furry' feeling. It sure is strong and does feel like it is blowing your mouth up, but what a way to get rid of germs and have that fresh feeling all day. Far better than the flavoured ones I think, but not for the faint hearted!
Listerine Original is the best of their products. The others taste too sweet and this one does as their commercial shows - practically blows your mouth up, but could any germs exist in there after that? I don't think so!!!
It really is a shock, but you prepare yourself for it and just go for it!
alywent
alywent10 posts

Good

I was told by my piercer to buy a bottle of this when I had my tongue pierced to kill any germs and speed the healing process up,I had never used it before so got a real shock the first time I put some in my mouth.It burnt my tongue like crazy and I doubt any germs could have survived if they wanted too,a bit like an atomic bomb.Does what is claims, kills germs and once you become accustomed to the kick its not to bad.Still using it.Freshens the breath.
Well known reputable trusted brand of Mouthwash.Easy grip bottle holds alot.Reasonble Price.
Feels like your mouth is on fire.
melwiz007
melwiz007South Australia39 posts

Good

this is great for rinsing your mouth to prevent tooth decay. the flavour is better than some of the other listerine products. It makes your breath feel and smell fresh.
This has a nice fresh breath taste.
If you leave it in your mouth too long the tast gets too strong
izdatsweets
izdatsweets5 posts

Good

I like this mouth wash! Now I will have to admit your mouth will feel minty fresh after you are done rinsing but it will also have a slight burning affect for about 3 seconds. Usually I rinse with cold water to cool my mouth. If you are tight in budget don't buy the bigger bottle because that will be too expensive. So go for the smaller one.
Has your mouth feeling very minty freshed!
Your mouth will have a burning sensation for about 3 seconds.

Also the price for this mouth wash is a bit expensive.

Memphis35
Memphis3562 posts

Good

A good quality mouth wash as you would expect given that Listerine is the benchmark. Whilst others might be put off by the strength of this mouth wash I think that this is what makes it more effective and leaves my mouth feeling clean and fresh for longer. Some other mouth washes you can barely tell that they are doing anything.
Very effective mouth wash that leaves my breath with a crisp clean feeling. I use it every morning after I brush my teeth.
Depending on how long you like to gargle mouth wash, this one will end up starting to sting your mouth and gums. I personally like that though because it feels as though it is working. It's not exactly cheap.
flutterbyes
flutterbyesNSW, 2213127 posts

Overall a great mouthwash that i use every morning after brushing. Leaves your mouth feeling extra clean and fresh. Love the strong minty taste of this one but it can sting if you have a cut or the like on your gums. If you don't like a very strong minty flavour then this one is not for you. I love using this cause i feel as if i am doing every bit extra i can to ensure good dental health and hygiene in between dentist visits.
Strong minty flavour
Can be a little too strong if used for too long! A little pricey.

JayJay868
JayJay868Victoria, 372490 posts

Good

I have been using Listerine products on and off over the years. This "CoolMint" variety seems to be better, and I find the mint is not as harsh (because it's usually pretty damn strong to say the least!). Using this product seems to have helped with my dental hygiene although it's always a bit hard to tell. Although I am pretty certain it helps and would recommend this product, or any other Listerine product.
Leaves a refreshing taste in the mouth. Seems to work in assisting with dental hygiene.
Bit pricy for a sweet-tasting alcohol wash but dental products usually are expensive.
eileen.mcentee
eileen.mcenteeACT, 290234 posts

This listerine citrus is great, its not harsh and doesn't feel like its burning your mouth like other mouth washes. It doesn't have that long minty after taste, It just leaves your mouth feeling clean and fresh. I recommend this one.
Doesn't burn your mouth
emailpip
emailpipGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC100 posts

Good

since this product has been on the market - i have switched to it as i was never very good at gargling with the minty flavours ... solved my problem and now I am much better at sticking to my rotuine and using mouthwash because it is no longer an unpleasant experience.

Even though I no longer use the minty flavour - it still reduces the bad breath and plaque build up as you'd expect. Worth a try if you have an adversion to the minty flavour like me!
does not give you the feeling you have just sucked back a case of breath mints!

lovely non mint flavour
nothing to dislike

bunnimon
bunnimon79 posts

Good

Just like the ads that show the explosions in the mouth you really can feel this mouthwash working. The Citrus Fresh is not as strong tasting as the mint and although I sometimes experience a slight heat or tingling in my mouth after using and my partner complained about this I have found that it passes with daily use. We both agreed that this feeling was a lot less with the Citrus though. I personally believe that the tingling is the effect of getting rid of germs in your mouth, and it is easily counteracted by rinsing your mouth with water. There is no lingering after taste and the effect is long lasting.
Keeps my breath fresh all day and leaves my mouth feeling clean.
muthat_emo
muthat_emoAustralia7 posts

Good

listerine citrus fruit is quite impressive. it makes my mouth feel fresh and isnt all that strong either so i dont end up crying after i've gargled.. i like it alot better than the original version as its DEFINETELY alot friendlier and i use it basiscally everyday. it's really great! the only thing is it contains alcohol so i think too much use will cause dryness to the mouth but overall i think its a really great product =)
keeps mouth feeling fresh, doesnt burn! feels great. great quality product and i totally recommend to use it!!!
absolutely nothing!!
doublecurl
doublecurlSydney, NSW164 posts

Good

I am a big fan of the Listerine products. They live up to their expectations. This flavour is my least favourite. I don't like the taste but other than that it is great. Keeps my mouth feeling clean and fresh all day long. The big bottles are value for money as they keep for a long time
Keeps mouth feeling clean and fresh
Ugly taste
Vespera
Vespera45 posts

Good

I find that the Listerine Citrus Fresh Mouthwash has a nicer taste than the other ones, and looks more appealing. The orange colour perhaps? Doesn't 'burn' as much as the other mouthwashes, although this leaves a slight tingly feeling behind. It's a pleasant feeling though, and reminds you that you actually have a really clean mouth. However, the slight tingly feeling may make your mouth feel slightly warm, which isn't very pleasant on really hot days.
A lot better tasting than the original mouthwash, especially compared to mint and tartar control.
Nothing, except maybe the cost. However, it's worth it! Maybe a slightly heated mouth feeling?
eekaaron
eekaaron50 posts

Good

this is way better than the original listerine. i use it everyday . just make sure you don't swallow it as it contains alchahol and you might get drunk and do something. if its your first time trying mouthwash, i suggest you use this product as it is really good. it doesn't sting and burn like the original solution and its worth a try.
it feels great and after you finish with it your mouth feels frseh. it doesn't burn so i recommended it. it's a big bottle so it'll last you for a long time.
triciamonaro
triciamonaroQueensland, 460555 posts

Bad

It says it is designed to control tartar but I am not so sure that I have seen proof of this. I find that the listerine product burns my mouth, it did however after wards leave my mouth feeling clean, but I could not handle the burning and stinging sensation that I was experiencing from this product. I also did not like the taste of this product at all.
Mabe controls tartar listerine is a good brand
Price I seem to find that Listerine is a rather expensive product. Listerine also tends to burn and sting my mouth.
kade1234
kade1234Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC131 posts

Terrible

I find that using Listerine is not good for myself because it dries my mouth and also burns it after some use.

I would suggest not using mouth washes based on harsh chemicals.
Fresh breath and fragrance.
Bad taste and it dries and burns my mouth after some use very much.

memeng
memengNot Australia nor New Zealand74 posts

Bad

Actually bought it for a totally different purpose: to disinfect the saxophone reeds. Don't like the taste when have to use it for gargling when having a cold and sore throat. Will not be repurchasing this one.
Tartar control and antiseptic.
Taste bad, expensive compared to other brands that work as well.
sheneka
shenekaSydney, NSW29 posts

Good

If you have that awlful breath then this is the product to rid yourself for quite some time after rinsing your mouth.I find this much more effective than a mint lolly that taste good while its in your mouth but really does nothing to kill the bugs.Listerine tartar cintrol really lives up to its name one rinse and the tartar starts to breakdown and also rinses leftover food from the mouth which prevents buildup. Of course it doesn't take the place of a good brush but it does compliment your dental care.
Great refreshing taste really does kill the germs
quite strong
stevens17
stevens1718 posts

This is a great product. It feels really refreshing after use and I would highly recommend this listerine mouthwash. It maybe a bit pricey but the results outweigh the price. Well worth a try
This listerine feels your whole mouth has had one intense scrub after use. If you love the tingling fresh feel that strong mouthwashes give then this is the mouth wash for you. You feel unbelievably refreshed and is great to use after having heavy oily foods.
It is a little expense but you don't need a whole lot to get the desired effect and the results outweigh the price.
tripperkat
tripperkat3 posts

i love this product and use it every day and well my dentist did notice the change when i started using it. it works great to just freshen your breath or to give the final step in a thorough twice daily clean.
lovely fresh taste. this really does help whiten teeth
if anything the price but really it is competitive considering what it offers