Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash

Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash (page 3 of 6)

Pros

• Leaves mouth fresh

• Plenty of options

• Cost effective

Cons

• Overpowering taste

• Can produce a burning sensation

heytherek
heytherek

Good

I have used Listerine Mouthwash for some time and I do believe it is worthwhile to have as part of your dental routine. It feels like it is giving your mouth an extra clean after brushing. My only complaint is that the mouthwash is very strong to taste and sometimes is hard to gargle with it for long because of this. It is a good product though and I believe it does work.
Gives you a good mouth clean and is refreshing and easy to use. Comes in large bottles that last for a while. Often on special.
Can have an overpowering taste.

Good

Listerine is a great use for oral hygiene but it should be used cautiously or else youll get a not so good experience with the product due to its taste.
Really refreshing and gives boost to your confidence to talk.
tastes bad and feels irritating to your oral membrane.

gerald_lian
gerald_lian

jennybianca
jennybianca

A pleasant tasting and fresh mouth rinse. When I get a bit of a gum infection, I find Listerine ALWAYS clears it up after one or two rinses.
A very reliable product. I have used listerine quite often.
It is just a bit too string to rinse in my mouth for the recommended time.

cookie91
cookie91

Good

Listerine is great for freshening up your breath. It tastes pretty strong, I'm not a big fan of any of the flavours, but it gives me a nice minty breath afterwards, and also gets rid of any food that is stuck between my teeth or braces.
It is great for getting rid of bad breath. Also, I have braces, and when I have food stuck between them if I use mouthwash first it gets the food out so it doesn't end up in my toothbrush, so it is good for braces too.
I saw something on the news about mouthwash causing cancer, which made me a little bit reluctant.

rw2830
rw2830North Western Region, NSW

It works really well so I will be continuing to use this product. Even though I don't suffer from bad breath it just makes your mouth feel super clean and fresh. The price is pretty good compared to other mouth washes on the market. I would recommend this product to any one looking for a mouth wash.
Great product for getting rid of bath breath. It comes in all different size bottles and all different tastes. Price is pretty good when you buy it in the larger size bottles. Great that it comes in smaller bottles for travelling.
Nothing I could think of.

Jillpullen
Jillpullen

this is an excellent product. I use it daily as it freshens my breath and helps to keep my teeth and gums healthy. When I first started to use listerine I found it to be extremly strong. But through regular use I have gotten use to the strength of it, so its not so bad. I buy the larger bottles as I find it more cost effective. I do like how there are several different sizes available in this product, so there is a size to suit all people. I highly recommend this product.
This product is great for freshening your breath

ollieoh
ollieohCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good

I use this product frequently and love it. It's great to use when you just need a fresh boost for your mouth and it really does leave your breath fresh. It's good for your teeth and gums and gums in different size bottles. It can be a bit strong and has made me gag few times after using it but it's not too bad as it does do it's job. I do not use it everyday but at least once a week and recommend it to people.
Love how it freshes your mouth instantly and is good for your teeth and gums

Hannahrose
Hannahrose

Good

I find listerine to be a very effective product, it keeps my breath fresh. i always have a little travel bottle in my handbag, comes in handy when you forget your toothbrush at a friends place or eat something in town that doesnt smell so great. I would reccommend this as it helps prevent gum disease by killing germs in your mouth. I have tried the original and cool mint so far, i have never had a problem. Reasonably priced
Comes in large bottles for home and smaller bottles which are great for handbags. Keeps mouth and breath fresh
No complaints

connielaura
connielaura

Good

i think everyone should own a big bottle of listerine and one to carry around with you if you work with people or travel. it is great to freshen up your mouth on long flights or at the airport as you can feel pretty wrotten. but it is also great for when you are at work and have eaten or when you are sick to kill germs in the mouth. lasts along time with such a big bottle, so great for multiple people in the household. not that expensive for the size and you don't need to buy it often.
kills germs, freshens breath

Daniella21
Daniella21

Good

Overall, i would reccomend this product, it is more professional, quick and easy to use. Smells nice and fresh. And the kids love it aswell so makes life easier with getting them to do their teeth.
Durin the day Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash makes it easy to keep your breath smelling nice and fresh. i dont like the look of people chewing gum, expecially durng a business meeting or while you are serving customers. The listerine mouth wash means you can freshen your breath easily after morning tea and lunch break.
None, apart from the only bottles i can find in shops are the bigs ones. I would prefure a small bottle i could carry around in my handbag. then i could use it anywhere in any situation.

EileenGarraway
EileenGarrawayVic, 3178

This mounthwash has been around for years and I believe it will last even longer than it has been around, as the saying goes, if you are on a good thing stick to it. I feel that Listerine is wonderful for your mouth and it helps keep away any bacteria and if you are like myself and are in retail, it keeps your breath fresh when talking to the customers. A really great product, keep it on the supermarket shelves.
Listerine mouthwash makes me feel like I have a clean and fresh mouth and that my breath isn't going to annoy people with whom I am having a conversation with.
Nothing at all.

Hutcher
Hutcher

Good

I don't view mouthwash as a necessary product (it doesn't really do anything that proper brushing and flossing can't, despite what the ads might tell you!) but this is an easy way to freshen up between more involved oral hygiene sessions.
Fresh, non-artificial flavour. A quick way to "pep" your mouth up between brushes. Flavour of the tartar control version isn't as harsh as the standard straw coloured bottles. Cheap, especially if you buy it on special.
It's extremely alcoholic. And if I use it after brushing my teeth before I go to bed, I wake up with a disgustingly dry mouth. Blue colour can stain teeth if you have porous enamal.

Prettypearls
Prettypearls

Good

Good in the bathroom, as it is a great emergency to freshen up your mouth when someone comes over for a visit for instance. This product is stocked is easily accessible, as it is stocked at a lot of pharmacies, supermarkets and milk bars for instance. They tend to go on sale from time to time and comes in different flavours for your choosing.
Fantastic for getting rid of bad breath and a great quick mouth freshener, which can be a quick alternative to brushing your teeth after eating lunch for instance.
Strong smell. When I first used this, I felt like I wanted to vomit because it tasted like yucky medicine. After using it for a while, I've adjusted to the smell.

qestra
qestra

OK

i have read and heard that new research has shown that mouth washes that contain a large amount of alcohol have been linked recently with cancer of the mouth so although this product does seem quite good, it tastes OK and seems to make your mouth feel fresh, I am not very comfortable about continuinfg to use it and I have switched to a product that does not have any alcohol in it
it does make your mouth feel fresh and i feel sure that it kils a lot of germs - although perhaps not all!
the amount of alcohol in this mouth wash

Jane J.
Jane J.asked

Does mustering contain chlorhexidine

Andrew F
Andrew Fasked

I stopped using Listerine recently because, in recent times, it started "foaming" when gargled. I recently traveled overseas and thought I'd try the product again. To my astonishment I found that the old, non-foaming product was available. Will Listerine return to the old, non-foaming formula in Australia or will the new, foaming Australian formula be maintained?

Fired Up
Fired Up

Get a friend to ask the company rather than the public

Listerine typically has a high alcohol count, for example the Listerine Original Mouthwash contains 26.9% alcohol as an inactive ingredient. This often leads to an intense burning feeling during use, which is popularised on the Listerine TV ads.

While some people actually enjoy this burning feeling, others would rather do without it, and dislike the effects of alcohol in a mouthwash.

In this case, the ‘Zero’ range of mouthwashes (which includes Listerine Total Care Zero and Listerine Zero) are formulated as zero-alcohol mouthwashes. These have a more subtle flavour than the offerings with alcohol in them.

Seeing as the active ingredients are all essential oils (which are effective antimicrobials), the alcohol isn’t necessary. These essential oils (or parts of essential oils) include eucalyptol, menthol, methyl salicylate and thymol.

CategoryMouthwashes