Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash

Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash (page 4 of 6)

Pros

• Leaves mouth fresh

• Plenty of options

• Cost effective

Cons

• Overpowering taste

• Can produce a burning sensation

Mobbsie
Mobbsie

Good

It is great if you have very sensitive teeth also, it seems to strengthen them and ensures that no infections set in.
Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash is great, it leaves your entire mouth feeling really fresh and clean. I also love the fact that it has a safety cap on the lid so that little fingers cannot open this and drink from it, and you really don't need much to rinse in your mouth as it can be very powerful. But this means it lasts for quite a long time.
The only dislike I have noticed is if you happen to run out and don't have some more in your house that particular day until you get some more your teeth and entire mouth seem to feel very dirty and not as clean as they have previously been.

Roughasguts
Roughasguts

Good

Unfortunately it is pricey but the alternative is mouth ulcers for me. So no thanks I would much rather pay this price and be smoke free and ulcer free.
I use to suffer from mouth ulcers! right from a kid. But when I started smoking the ulcers went away. Then two years ago a gave up the smokes but the mouth ulcers came back. So after lots of re-search no thanks to Doctors, I found tooth paste is a major contributor to mouth ulcers, and found using this mouth wash the ulcers went away. So now I'm way less miserable and didn't take the smokes up again do to ulcers.
It's a bit pricey and the bad publicity about the possibility of mouth Cancer do to the ethynol in the product.

qqbrightstar
qqbrightstar

OK

This product is very strong I have to say, it almost have the same effect as hot chili I feel. I honestly don't like the taste of it and the taste or smell it left after each use. It can help to keep mouth clean, wash away plague and protect teeth from rot. However because it is so strong, I only use it very occassionly and only after dilute it (one cap amount in a cup of water).
Help to refresh breath and remove plague.
I am a bit worry after heard that listerine mouth wash can cause cancer and stop using it.

cute_meow
cute_meowSydney, NSW

I am really happy with Listerine, my fave range is Teeth Defence and Fresh Burst. Combined with brushing, flossing and getting enough daily calcium everyday is really improving my teeth.
It is really refreshing and stops bad breath. After years using it, my teeth has no plague and less capvities. Its price is also fairly cheap compare to other leading brands, and you can always find them discounted in some chemists. You can also dilute it with water if it's too strong, or get the Smooth Mint one for a less intense mint.
Sometimes the Teeth Defence is always sold out

red78
red78

OK

This product has been around for years and still going strong and is very popular. Leaves mouth feeling very fresh & minty (despite being a bit strong and yucky tasting when in the mouth) and is a good breath freshner. Comes in different flavours and quite well priced for the size of it.
very reasonable in price for the size of the bottle and leaves your mouth feeling clean, fresh & minty. Bottle will last for ages if you use sparingly - don't need a lot.
It is quite strong and doesn't taste really nice despite leaving a nice minty taste in the mouth afterwards.

marcel148
marcel148Australia

OK

I can only use Listerine Smooth Mint. I can not use any other type of the product ranges, especially the "Fresh Burst". That type of product is too strong. I wish there is a listerine product, which is milder than Listerine Smooth Mint.
Keep mouth clean and fresh for morning or night times. I like this product especially the "Listerine Smooth Mint", the degree of "bursting" in your mouth is quite low, so it will not severely irritate my gum and tounge. The price is quite cheap.
I was worry when there was an article in the newspaper saying that listerine mouth wash can cause cancer.

baggio2k2008
baggio2k2008

the best and most trusted mouth wash on the market at the best price. i loved using this product and i cant wait to brush my teeth because the fresh breath is what i love about the product. it is strong in the mouth and it burns which i love, i feel that it kills all the germs with the burning sensation. suitable for everyone that keeps clean teeth. one product you will not be disappointed with. a very trusted brand. available in all retail outlets and supermarkets!
Listerine is my favorite mouth wash to use. the fresh burst after rinsing is excellent. stops bad breath

rachelk
rachelk

Good

I think of it as basic after brushing. It gives you a fresh feel after rinsing. One problem the fresh feel doesnt last for as long as they show on the ad. I wish it came in a little milder form as well
The fresh feel left afterwards
Very strong

kfmcnm
kfmcnm

Listerine is a great product especially when used with correct brushing and flossing. I used to get Gingivitis but Listerine has helped eliminate this. The antiseptic in this kills all the germs that sit in the mouth after flossing and refreshes your mouth totally. When I have not used Listerine when I have been away on holidays I feel as though I haven't cleaned my teeth properly. The large bottle sizes are very economical as well.
I absolutely love Listerine as it makes your mouth feel so fresh. It is an essential part of preventing tooth decay and gum disease.

Terrible

fernyfluffles
fernyflufflesTas, 7320

Good

Overall it is a decent mouthwash, for a pretty reasonable price. It comes in many different varieties of flavours and types, so you are bound to find one which suits your needs and personal taste. It's great for healthy teeth and gums and it is a well known brand!
Fresh breath after use, the taste is not too bad, not very expensive, lasts a long time, can be diluted, great for healthy teeth
I personally found the taste a bit overpowering which could be due to the alcohol content. It stings the gums and tongue, and the aftertaste lingers around for a long time

drifand
drifandWA, 6112

Good

Ok, I find Listerine Antiseptic mouthwash pretty effective. Everytime I eaten anything like garlic or any strong taste food products, Listerine will be the product to wash away the smell and taste. I sometimes use it as a pre-brush and sometimes I use if after. The thing about listerine is that it may sting and just about 30 seconds I could sometimes feel my tears coming out. Maybe they made the product too strong and may not be everyones cup of tea. Plex may be a better solution and is cheaper.
very good mouth wash
can bee too hot for some people. and expensive

allyxo
allyxoAustralia

Terrible

My dentist scared me off of it! I will never be using it again. The taste isn't that nice to me, either.
It does freshen breath, but is very strong.
My dentist told me to stop using Listerine mouthwash, as it has alcohol in it which ruins teeth.

starflyy
starflyy

I works really well and it tastes better than some of the other stronger mouthwashes. I think fresh mint is one of the best flavors of listerine mouthwash. I think it works really well.
It doesn't burn your mouth like some mouuthwashes can.
Well it is a little expensive.

KayeFP
KayeFP

OK

I've continued to buy it and use it but I've no real evidence of whether it works. It sounds like it does more than a simple mouth-freshening wash. I'd like to give some others a try though.
I like the thought of how this supposedly fluoridates my teeth and freshens my breath.
When I first used it I was overwhelmed by the stingy sort of feeling it created in my mouth which gets worse the longer its in. It's expensive. The child-proof cap can be difficult to undo which means I always leave the bottle ajar.

Jane J.
Jane J.asked

Does mustering contain chlorhexidine

Andrew F
Andrew Fasked

I stopped using Listerine recently because, in recent times, it started "foaming" when gargled. I recently traveled overseas and thought I'd try the product again. To my astonishment I found that the old, non-foaming product was available. Will Listerine return to the old, non-foaming formula in Australia or will the new, foaming Australian formula be maintained?

Fired Up
Fired Up

Get a friend to ask the company rather than the public

Listerine typically has a high alcohol count, for example the Listerine Original Mouthwash contains 26.9% alcohol as an inactive ingredient. This often leads to an intense burning feeling during use, which is popularised on the Listerine TV ads.

While some people actually enjoy this burning feeling, others would rather do without it, and dislike the effects of alcohol in a mouthwash.

In this case, the ‘Zero’ range of mouthwashes (which includes Listerine Total Care Zero and Listerine Zero) are formulated as zero-alcohol mouthwashes. These have a more subtle flavour than the offerings with alcohol in them.

Seeing as the active ingredients are all essential oils (which are effective antimicrobials), the alcohol isn’t necessary. These essential oils (or parts of essential oils) include eucalyptol, menthol, methyl salicylate and thymol.

CategoryMouthwashes