Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash

Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash

Pros

• Leaves mouth fresh

• Plenty of options

• Cost effective

Cons

• Overpowering taste

• Can produce a burning sensation

J_xo

J_xoVIC

Good

This is a great mouthwash. Comes in different flavours (I like the new purple one) and different sizes. Its great for people with a sensitive mouth/gums too.
Gives me a fresh breath! I find its a mouthwash that actually works and that isn't too expensive
Apart from if you accidently swallow its yuck.

JackJames

JackJamesVIC, 3175

the best mouthwash product i have ever used

it does a perfect job, leaves mouth clean and freashing, it feels great and refreshing after using it in the morning, and leaves mouth completely clean before go to bed.

it can be expensive, but sometime it is on special in priceline or chemist warehouse.
feels refreshing after using it and does a perfect cleaning job
expensive, but worth it

euneeqemmy

euneeqemmyAU

tas81c

tas81c

Good

My boyrfriend is obsessed with this stuff! I use it occationally and find it great for a clean mouth feeling. the dentist said they make this brand too strong so don't be affraid to water it down 50:50. Since doing that it is kinder on my gums and still gives you that fresh mouth feeling.
Wow you can feel the clean.
Can be too strong for my gums

MotherMoon

MotherMoonWA, 6210

Good

LISTERINE IS REALLY GOOD product, It has nice packaging and the product itself well you need only a small amount, the trouble is that the taste os so over bearing you cant wait to get rid of it out of your mouth, now it does leave you mouth feeling clean and fresh but being so over powering it just make my eyes water and I cant use it as it should be used or for the amount of time I should gargle for. I like this one so I have used it I just have too water it down a bit. Then i am thinking that i have a less superior product that i am using, cant win on this one.
This product really gives you a blast from the past.
Cant wait to get it out of your mouth.

Good

I liked it but agian, it is very strong. My sister can not handle it but my father loves it. It is different for everyone but I would suggest this product to many people.
I love the "flavors". Left your breath feeling very clean.
To strong for many people. Has way to much alcohol in it.

lil_lazza

lil_lazza

Good

I always end up diluting this mouth wash as its too strong to keep in my mouth for more than 10 seconds. Its expensive at the supermarket however i can see the difference in my teeth while using it, they are so much cleaner and feel like they have been professionally cleaned
leaves my mouth and teeth feeling so much cleaner, my breathe stays fresh for ages, when i use listerine my teeth seem whiter and it feels like i have had my teeth cleaned at a dentist.
dries out your mouth, my lips always get really dry when using this mouthwash. expensive now at the supermarkter

Good

This is a powerful mouth wash once you use it you will be like wow it has the right amount of kick. Leaves you with fresh breathe you feel it working.
It is one of the top brands with a great taste and it gives you a nice nice tingle I just love.

shellfreak

shellfreak

Good

It is great how you can buy this mouth wash in a very large bottle as it proves to be a lot more cost effective in the long run if you like to use a mouth wash everyday. I have never had a problem using this product and it definitely leaves your mouth feeling a lot cleaner and fresher. The taste can be quite strong and it can be hard to gargle for too long because of that. It is expensive but buying the larger bottle works out a lot cheaper.
Works well, leaves your mouth feeling clean.
Very strong taste which can be hard to get used to. Expensive.

neodymium

neodymiumAU

Good

Listerine Mouthwash is an easy way to help maintain the hygeine of your teeth and mouth. It helps to remove some of those hard to reach bits of food that sometimes get stuck between your teeth and it freshens your breath as well. Its taste is quite strong though and it can burn so it may take so time to get use to. It's an effective product that can easily become part of your daily oral hygeine routine.
Leaves your mouth feeling clean, Freshens your breath, Reduces plaque
It contains alcohol which means that its formula is quite strong and burns a little

sabrahams

sabrahamsWA, 6069

Good

Overall I like Listerine Mouthwash because it does help kill the germs and bacteria in your mouth. It gives you a fresh smelling breath and I use it most days after lunch. I wouldn't use it more than once a day because it does have the strong taste. I haven't had a problem where it stings or hurts after I use it. The product can be more expensive than other products of equivalent quality. Listerine is also good for gargling with when you have a sore throat. It helps kill the bacteria that causes it.
The fresh clean feeling in your mouth
Can be a strong taste

heytherek

heytherek

Good

I have used Listerine Mouthwash for some time and I do believe it is worthwhile to have as part of your dental routine. It feels like it is giving your mouth an extra clean after brushing. My only complaint is that the mouthwash is very strong to taste and sometimes is hard to gargle with it for long because of this. It is a good product though and I believe it does work.
Gives you a good mouth clean and is refreshing and easy to use. Comes in large bottles that last for a while. Often on special.
Can have an overpowering taste.

Good

Listerine is a great use for oral hygiene but it should be used cautiously or else youll get a not so good experience with the product due to its taste.
Really refreshing and gives boost to your confidence to talk.
tastes bad and feels irritating to your oral membrane.

gerald_lian

gerald_lian

cookie91

cookie91

Good

Listerine is great for freshening up your breath. It tastes pretty strong, I'm not a big fan of any of the flavours, but it gives me a nice minty breath afterwards, and also gets rid of any food that is stuck between my teeth or braces.
It is great for getting rid of bad breath. Also, I have braces, and when I have food stuck between them if I use mouthwash first it gets the food out so it doesn't end up in my toothbrush, so it is good for braces too.
I saw something on the news about mouthwash causing cancer, which made me a little bit reluctant.

See all Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash reviews

Jane J.

Jane J.asked

Does mustering contain chlorhexidine

Andrew F

Andrew Fasked

I stopped using Listerine recently because, in recent times, it started "foaming" when gargled. I recently traveled overseas and thought I'd try the product again. To my astonishment I found that the old, non-foaming product was available. Will Listerine return to the old, non-foaming formula in Australia or will the new, foaming Australian formula be maintained?

Fired Up
Fired Up

Get a friend to ask the company rather than the public

Listerine typically has a high alcohol count, for example the Listerine Original Mouthwash contains 26.9% alcohol as an inactive ingredient. This often leads to an intense burning feeling during use, which is popularised on the Listerine TV ads.

While some people actually enjoy this burning feeling, others would rather do without it, and dislike the effects of alcohol in a mouthwash.

In this case, the ‘Zero’ range of mouthwashes (which includes Listerine Total Care Zero and Listerine Zero) are formulated as zero-alcohol mouthwashes. These have a more subtle flavour than the offerings with alcohol in them.

Seeing as the active ingredients are all essential oils (which are effective antimicrobials), the alcohol isn’t necessary. These essential oils (or parts of essential oils) include eucalyptol, menthol, methyl salicylate and thymol.

CategoryMouthwashes