Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash

Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash

Pros

• Leaves mouth fresh

• Plenty of options

• Cost effective

Cons

• Overpowering taste

• Can produce a burning sensation

Jane
JaneSydney, NSW

Great product

Love using Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash. I use it twice a day and it really leaves me feeling so fresh.
Great price and often on special too. Will continue to use as my favourite mouth wash

Jean
JeanNew South Wales

I prefer Listerine over other brands

Listerine is very strong (though they have a range that's non-alcoholic) and I prefer the intense burn. They have quite a good range of flavours too, so it doesn't get boring, though I tend to stick with Spearmint and Fresh Mint.

I've tried other brands, but none of them seem to be as strong as Listerine, and often, the flavours don't taste as good either. The only flavour of Listerine that I really don't like is the flavour of the Whitening mouthwash...

It is one of the pricier mouthwashes, but they are also often on sale - so it works out.

T.Pritchard
T.Pritchard

Great product

I have used listerine quite alot and find it a great product to clear off mouth ulcers, sore throats and gingivitis. Plus the ad that shows the explosion in your mouth is spot on but its only a short period and afterwards the mouth feels clean albeit after quite a few spits to rid the rest of it out. I would recommend this product to other adults. My only issue was concern for people with RSI or Arthritis who would never be able to get the lid off (which is probably safety regulation) however ignores a good market. Keep up the good work.
Fresh breath clean feeling after use.
Lid - very difficult to open.

Bethany41
Bethany41DARWIN

Love the product, hate the cap

DOLLYBABY
DOLLYBABYna, 876, Jamaica

I like the fact that using Listerine as a daily oral antiseptic hygiene product will help fight my bad gingivitis and plaque built up and also to help keep my mouth staying healthy from bad breath.
I like using Listerine after brushing my teeth because it keeps my breath fresh throughout the rest of the day.
I don't like the fact that certain brands of Listerine products is too harsh and burn my mouths and even kids when using it to rinse.

jennybianca
jennybianca

A pleasant tasting and fresh mouth rinse. When I get a bit of a gum infection, I find Listerine ALWAYS clears it up after one or two rinses.
A very reliable product. I have used listerine quite often.
It is just a bit too string to rinse in my mouth for the recommended time.

rw2830
rw2830North Western Region, NSW

It works really well so I will be continuing to use this product. Even though I don't suffer from bad breath it just makes your mouth feel super clean and fresh. The price is pretty good compared to other mouth washes on the market. I would recommend this product to any one looking for a mouth wash.
Great product for getting rid of bath breath. It comes in all different size bottles and all different tastes. Price is pretty good when you buy it in the larger size bottles. Great that it comes in smaller bottles for travelling.
Nothing I could think of.

Jillpullen
Jillpullen

this is an excellent product. I use it daily as it freshens my breath and helps to keep my teeth and gums healthy. When I first started to use listerine I found it to be extremly strong. But through regular use I have gotten use to the strength of it, so its not so bad. I buy the larger bottles as I find it more cost effective. I do like how there are several different sizes available in this product, so there is a size to suit all people. I highly recommend this product.
This product is great for freshening your breath

EileenGarraway
EileenGarrawayVic, 3178

This mounthwash has been around for years and I believe it will last even longer than it has been around, as the saying goes, if you are on a good thing stick to it. I feel that Listerine is wonderful for your mouth and it helps keep away any bacteria and if you are like myself and are in retail, it keeps your breath fresh when talking to the customers. A really great product, keep it on the supermarket shelves.
Listerine mouthwash makes me feel like I have a clean and fresh mouth and that my breath isn't going to annoy people with whom I am having a conversation with.
Nothing at all.

cute_meow
cute_meowSydney, NSW

I am really happy with Listerine, my fave range is Teeth Defence and Fresh Burst. Combined with brushing, flossing and getting enough daily calcium everyday is really improving my teeth.
It is really refreshing and stops bad breath. After years using it, my teeth has no plague and less capvities. Its price is also fairly cheap compare to other leading brands, and you can always find them discounted in some chemists. You can also dilute it with water if it's too strong, or get the Smooth Mint one for a less intense mint.
Sometimes the Teeth Defence is always sold out

baggio2k2008
baggio2k2008

the best and most trusted mouth wash on the market at the best price. i loved using this product and i cant wait to brush my teeth because the fresh breath is what i love about the product. it is strong in the mouth and it burns which i love, i feel that it kills all the germs with the burning sensation. suitable for everyone that keeps clean teeth. one product you will not be disappointed with. a very trusted brand. available in all retail outlets and supermarkets!
Listerine is my favorite mouth wash to use. the fresh burst after rinsing is excellent. stops bad breath

kfmcnm
kfmcnm

Listerine is a great product especially when used with correct brushing and flossing. I used to get Gingivitis but Listerine has helped eliminate this. The antiseptic in this kills all the germs that sit in the mouth after flossing and refreshes your mouth totally. When I have not used Listerine when I have been away on holidays I feel as though I haven't cleaned my teeth properly. The large bottle sizes are very economical as well.
I absolutely love Listerine as it makes your mouth feel so fresh. It is an essential part of preventing tooth decay and gum disease.

starflyy
starflyy

I works really well and it tastes better than some of the other stronger mouthwashes. I think fresh mint is one of the best flavors of listerine mouthwash. I think it works really well.
It doesn't burn your mouth like some mouuthwashes can.
Well it is a little expensive.

Hillcrest
Hillcrest

Listerine Original makes your mouth feel fresh, after brushing. The fresh feeling seems to last for ages and you don't get that 'my teeth feel furry' feeling. It sure is strong and does feel like it is blowing your mouth up, but what a way to get rid of germs and have that fresh feeling all day. Far better than the flavoured ones I think, but not for the faint hearted!
Listerine Original is the best of their products. The others taste too sweet and this one does as their commercial shows - practically blows your mouth up, but could any germs exist in there after that? I don't think so!!!
It really is a shock, but you prepare yourself for it and just go for it!

flutterbyes
flutterbyesNSW, 2213

Overall a great mouthwash that i use every morning after brushing. Leaves your mouth feeling extra clean and fresh. Love the strong minty taste of this one but it can sting if you have a cut or the like on your gums. If you don't like a very strong minty flavour then this one is not for you. I love using this cause i feel as if i am doing every bit extra i can to ensure good dental health and hygiene in between dentist visits.
Strong minty flavour
Can be a little too strong if used for too long! A little pricey.

See all Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash reviews

Jane J.
Jane J.asked

Does mustering contain chlorhexidine

Andrew F
Andrew Fasked

I stopped using Listerine recently because, in recent times, it started "foaming" when gargled. I recently traveled overseas and thought I'd try the product again. To my astonishment I found that the old, non-foaming product was available. Will Listerine return to the old, non-foaming formula in Australia or will the new, foaming Australian formula be maintained?

Fired Up
Fired Up

Get a friend to ask the company rather than the public

Listerine typically has a high alcohol count, for example the Listerine Original Mouthwash contains 26.9% alcohol as an inactive ingredient. This often leads to an intense burning feeling during use, which is popularised on the Listerine TV ads.

While some people actually enjoy this burning feeling, others would rather do without it, and dislike the effects of alcohol in a mouthwash.

In this case, the ‘Zero’ range of mouthwashes (which includes Listerine Total Care Zero and Listerine Zero) are formulated as zero-alcohol mouthwashes. These have a more subtle flavour than the offerings with alcohol in them.

Seeing as the active ingredients are all essential oils (which are effective antimicrobials), the alcohol isn’t necessary. These essential oils (or parts of essential oils) include eucalyptol, menthol, methyl salicylate and thymol.

CategoryMouthwashes