Listerine Whitening Pre-Brush Rinse

Listerine Whitening Pre-Brush Rinse

See the Best Mouthwashes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Listerine? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Bad

I have been using it twice a dfay for two days now.Undiluted it is very strong and feels like you have bleached your mouth.i found it was tolerable when I diluted iot with regular Listerine.Same clean feeling with less after taste.too soon to tell if it is whitening the teeth.
Definitely feels like all the gunk has been blasted in your mouth
very strong taste of bleach.remains wtih you for the whole day.

Terrible

i have used this product several times on and off over the past few yrs. always have same outcome. will not use this anymore.
i get all these gross white stringy bits after use. I have contacted listerine australia on this previously. got the usual blanket response. that they havent had any customer queries/complaints abt this issue. blah blah blah.
in the end, i just got a letter in the mail some weeks later apologising for any side effects i experienced and that most ppl dont have any side effects.
(just google and check for yourselves!!)
Utter crap.
If you value your oral health,,, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!
clean feeling
leaves white stringy gunk on your cheeks and gums

Hutcher
Hutcher

Bad

Do you really need another component in your oral care routine? Isn't brushing, flossing and post-floss rinsing enough? No? OK, buy this then. It probably won't hurt you (aside from the mouth peeling, yuck!) but didn't have any effect that I could see. I'd rather get that "clean" feeling from brushing and flossing than relying on a bottle of mouth-coating wash.
It does make your mouth feel clean. Not as strong a flavour as other Listerine varieties.
It's full of a lubricating agent - of course it's going to make your mouth feel "clean" and "smooth"! It made the inside of my mouth peel and had no discernible effect on whiteness.

lil_lazza
lil_lazza

Bad

The mouthwash seems far too strong as it causes the skin in my mouth to come away and also dries out my lips. Havent noticed my teeth are whiter.
It makes your mouth feel so clean and seems to remove alot of the crap in our mouth before brushing. After brushing teeth feel so much cleaner
After using it the skin in my mouth starts to come off- i thought that only happened to me but i read other reviews that said the same thing. The mouthwash also drys out my lips if i use it too often. It is also quite expensive and i havent yet noticed a change in the colour of my teeth.

tzelyn
tzelyn

Terrible

I had a horrible taste in my mouth after using it and it was all I could do not to spit it out immediately. After I did, my mouth felt stung and I still had that horrible aftertaste that I could not get rid of even after brushing my teeth. There is no result of whitening whatsoever. I highly recommend against it.
The idea of whitening.
My mouth stung and I had a horrible aftertaste.

Vespera
Vespera

Bad

This Listerine Whitening Pre-Brush Dental Rinse is a mixed product, as it has both positive and negative aspects. It does it's job, which is to whiten teeth. However, it also affects the mouth negatively, and it ma cause spots to appear on the tougue which is both unsightly and painful. Not the best mouthwash.
Cleans so well you can practically feel the skin peeling off, actually whitens teeth.
It's strong. So strong that layers of skin or plaque like substance form around your mouth. It also foams a lot, and it's hard to get rid of the foam.

doublecurl
doublecurlSydney, NSW

Bad

I bought this after my work mate recommended it to me but i should have looked on here for reviews first! I think this product is way too harsh for a mouth wash even though it does whiten the teeth. It's very powerful. The foaming didn't bother me so much but the foul after taste did. I would wake up in the middle of the night from an uncomfortable metallic taste in my mouth. I used up all my bottle but i wont purchase again, especially since i read on the news recently that mouth washes can cause mouth cancer because of the strong alcohol content.
I noticed my teeth did get a bit whiter
Foul after taste. Leave weird residue in your mouth that you constantly need to rinse out.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
toni_nakama
toni_nakamaNSW, 2035

celzz
celzz

Bad

I don't really like this mouthwash. I much prefer the other listerine mouthwashes. As a pre-bush rinse I don't think it is very effective. I feel that there is no 'whitening'. And once you have rinsed it in your mouth, you are left with a lot of foam even after a rinse. So you have to brush your teeth thoroughly to remove this. The good is that your mouth is left with a clean, fresh feeling. I wouldn't pay the extra for this product - better stick to the original listerine mouthwashes!
Leaves mouth feeling clean and fresh - and perhaps some combat against bad breath
Very foamy in the mouth even after a rinse

bunnimon
bunnimon

Terrible

This product seemed like a good idea, and I have used Listerine mouthwash for quite a few years without any dissatisfaction, but something went seriously wrong with this product. The odour is strong and unpleasant, much like the taste. I experienced burning gums and found that a stringy gunk formed in my mouth, even after brushing thoroughly. I am glad that I came across these other reviews as I was concerned that I may have some kind of problem. I did not notice any sort of whitening effect and overall would consider this to be a waste of money.

Quite expensive with no conceivable result, tastes awful and leaves very unpleasant gunk in your mouth.

starflyy
starflyy

Terrible

I think this is a little too harsh to be mouthwash. I would be very upset if one of my kids used it I think it would hurt.
I don't recommend it and I am slightly disapointed. I have tried other normal listerine mouthwashes and they have been really effective. I am yet to see any results of whiter teeth through using it and I am not convinced that it does what it claims to do.
It keeps your breath nice and fresh.
It stings and burns when you use it especially around the gums and anywhere there may be broken skin.

Bad

I brush straight after using the mouthwash, ensuring I do my gums, cheek and tongue. I won't be finishing the bottle.
It appears to be working after about 10 days
like others I get "stringy goop" in my mouth about an hour after using it.

Crystel
CrystelQld, 4212

Bad

I dont like using this I gave the rest of the product away to a friend and she never liked it eather it tasted strange burned gums. Was hard to rince away dont like having to use something before you have to brush your teeth will never use it ever ever ever again. Even the rest of my family dident like it at all they though it was yuck as well and they also thought the smell was not very nice and everyone I asked that tryed it thought it was very stringy after about 1 hr

I get "stringy goop" in my mouth the taste yuck