Loans.com.au

Loans.com.au (page 2 of 45)

Home Loans, Car Loans

3.5

MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not passing 19th March Rate Cut at all!

Mel

MelMelbourne

Passed on first rate cut but not the second

Hayley G.Loans.com.au

Hi Mel, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and we are sorry to hear that you have had an unfavourable experience with us. If there’s anything further we could do to improve, please do share your feedback at customercare@loans.com.au.

AshGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

During time of crisis

Don't be lured to their loan rate as when i signed up after 6 months whether the interest rates go up or not they raised it. When the reserve bank dropped it they don't drop it and when you ask for hardship due to coronavirus impact and ask if it will affect your credit profile i get advised yes really even through these difficult times where the whole world is suffering. Thanks for not helping through this time of stress and anxiety

Ash

Well after this message the lady apologised and said she made a mistake so I will take that comment back as she obviously didnt know.

Scammers - beware!

Lure you in with low initial rates, then jack your rate up with a series of small incremental rate increases (out of alignment with the RBA decisions) due to 'overseas funding costs blah blah blah'.
RBA cuts are not passed on, only to new customers.
It's a big, nasty scam and it shouldn't be legal. Avoid.

James R.
James R.

Nothing like a stock standard response that fails to address the criticisms I have raised in this complaint. Other potential customers undoubtedly would like you to address the points I have raised? Or is this an admission of your business practices?

Russ LPerth

Good to start, don't look after existing customers

Since joining Loans.com.au the interest rate for new customers has dropped much lower than existing customers. They are not interested in dropping for existing customers either. Looking to refinance elsewhere.

Loan Start DateSeptember 2018
Hayley G.Loans.com.au

Hi Russ, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. If there’s anything further we could do to improve, we’d love to hear your feedback at customercare@loans.com.au.

Hayley G.Loans.com.au

Hi Russ, thanks for letting me know. I will flag this on my end too so we can address this is as soon as possible.

ASHNIL P.

ASHNIL P.South East Queensland, QLD

You'll be a fool if you apply with these guys

Trust me, I have been a customer for a while now and know the real experience! Don't be fooled by their low advertised rates, they are for SHOW ONLY! After you become a customer you'll see how your rates slowly bump up compared to their advertised rates. For example, my investment loan rate is 3.18% compared to their advertised rate of 2.94%. Also you'll have to wait like for 3-4 weeks to see the RBA cuts apply to your loan accounts. On the other hand, it takes just hours for them to increase the rates when needed! That tells a lot about the ethics of the company!!

Hayley G.Loans.com.au

the rates are introductory only - after a year or two they bump your product to a rate that is way worse than the market

Loan Start DateNovember 2014
Loan used forInvestment Property
Hayley G.Loans.com.au

Hi Ian, we're sorry to see you left 1 star. We're always looking for feedback on ways we can improve our service. Please contact us at customercare@loans.com.au with any further questions or feedback you have.

bel

belFar North Queensland, QLD

Honest, fast and helpful

Loan was settled today. I called on Monday and it was done and settled by Thursday enabling us to buy the car we wanted. Thanks for getting it through for us.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2020
Hayley G.Loans.com.au

Hi Bel, thank you so much for the 5-stars. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your honest feedback. We are so glad to have helped you with your car loan for when you needed it!

Ben KAU

Bad customer experience, higher rates for existing customers

Avoid these guys, plenty of other lenders
Good 5 years ago, but do not communicate rate changes clearly, would not rectify their mistakes.Worst they have higher rates for existing customers now.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2014

18 months into 30 years

Best rate when we applied, but they don't pass on rate cuts to existing loans, only to new customers, now I'm refinancing away from loans.com.au as they are ~0.5% above the market price. They happily watch customers leave, take your loan to Athena the first time...

Loan Start DateOctober 2018
stven

stvenmelbourne

A lot low rate then my previous bank

Was easy to change over from my old bank only a month or 2 wait which is normal. Good interest rate. Will see if they pass on the full rate cut as they failed to the last cut.

Bree

BreeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Its a fantastic rate, great customer service and was so easy to refinance on my own

this was the easiest refinance I have done with a lot of support when needed and has the best rate around, I tried a mortgage broker and he couldn't beat this rate and the process of doing the refinance on my own was easier and quicker than the broker

Loan Start DateNovember 2019
Hayley G.Loans.com.au

Hi Bree, thank you so much for the 5-star review. We pride ourselves on quick and simple service, so we're so happy to hear you had a great experience and got the best rates with us.

dpd

dpdGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Competitive rate and good service

They have offered a competitive rate but the inspection changed didn't waivedoff.
No unexpected costs. Apllication process was easy and interactive with nice tool called ontrack.
Even we can directly call the case officer.
Overall experience was good.

Hayley G.Loans.com.au

Hi there. Thanks so much for the 5-star review. We are so glad you found the application process easy and interactive, and felt comfortable with the OnTrack app. We appreciate your feedback!

They were good initially, but then they got fat and greedy

Hayley G.Loans.com.au

Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to leave your honest feedback. Please contact us at customercare@loans.com.au with any further questions or feedback you have.

Sharon

SharonVictoria

Happy Customer

Loan used forRenovation
Hayley G.Loans.com.au

Hi Sharon, we pride ourselves on offering quick and easy service and a great online app, so thanks for the honest and positive feedback. It was a pleasure helping you with your refinance and top up. We really appreciate the recommendation.

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rates will creep up after the initial low rate

Sydneysider2020

Sydneysider2020Sydney, NSW

Terrible service -- don't even bother

They were really nice on the first call and pre-approved a loan for $30,000 after gathering a ridiculously set of documents (employment contracts, bank statements, payslips). And then, when I bought the car and needed only $26,000, they refused to give final approval because they wouldn't include part of the money in my employment contract (which was fixed for five years in the future). Nothing changed and they rescinded the approval.

Terrible company. Don't deal with them. I had to call them about 10 times and everytime going though a menu and talking to some very inexperienced person.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

RoyKSydney, NSW

Not valuing existing customers

Generally once they got your business, they forget about you. The focus and good rates are only passed on to new customers. The catch is once you’re in, rate goes up. Customer care: uncontactable, only if you have a long time and relaxed nerves to wait on hold. Otherwise email, they get back to you in a few days. If you have fixed rate, forget about asking the break cost, they calculate the rate somehow that you never think about breaking your fixed rate which means you are stuck until the end of the fixed rate term.

Loan TypeSplit
Loan used forSecond Home
RoyK

That’s good to know, but that is not the main Point of this feedback, or maybe you haven’t read it properly. it’s about the rate which you have not addressed. I think public needs to know what they want to get themselves in to.

Shop around

At acquisition stage, couldn't fault them. The rate was good and the cx service fantastic.
They've passed down 2 small rate changes in 3yrs. Even after requesting a review it was not competitive at all. The cx service guy I called recently was unhelpful, rude, and a real smart aleck.

Humna

HumnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Closed my debit card with one week notice. Extremely difficult to process the initial loan, or get any equity loans. They do what they want and change what they want (like closing a debit card attached to my offset!) without notice or consideration of the impact. Stay away as I've been stung badly and would not recommend this bank to my enemies.

Hayley G.Loans.com.au

Hi Humna, we're sorry to hear that you have had an unfavourable experience with us. We're always looking for feedback on ways we can improve our service. Please contact us at customercare@loans.com.au with any further questions or feedback you have.