loans.com.au

Home Loans, Car Loans (See All)
See the Best Loans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by loans.com.au

Bad service

Discharging from Loans.com.au due to very high interest rates. The customer service kept changing originally agreed discharging date accusing another bank. Who is dishonest? Made complaint to AFCA. Trying to resolve discharging issues

Taryn C.loans.com.au

We're sorry you're unhappy with your experience and we'd like to look further into your case. Can you please email customerrelations@loans.com.au with your full name, account number and phone number, someone will be in touch with you shortly.

Anthony
AnthonySydney, NSW

Initial low interest rate will rise

I refinanced by mortgage several years ago with this company due to the much lower interest rate on offer. However this didn’t last & the interest rate crept up either due to them not passing on rate cuts or occasionally increasing their rate because of ‘addition funding costs’. As a result the interest is now higher than that my from my previous borrower.
It is also significantly higher than the interest rate being offered to new customers on their website.
I have no issue with the service I received in dealing with this company.

Loan Start DateJuly 2013
Taryn C.loans.com.au

Hi Anthony, thanks for your honest review we appreciate your feedback. We'd like to review this for you. Can you please send through your full name, loan a/c number and mobile to loansolutions@loans.com.au and someone can be in touch shortly.

AdamWarnbro

Great at first, then goes bad.

Excellent refinancing a few years ago. Very pleased. However interest rate cuts are not passed on and we were left with no option but to refinance with another lender at much better interest rates.

Adam

Thanks but I've assisted myself by refinancing with a much better rate with another lender. Shame you only keep new customers happy leaving the existing ones unhappy.

Daniel E
Daniel EGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible customer service and incorrect interest rate received

Martin OldfieldMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Possibly the worst retail experience

Loan Start DateNovember 2020
Martin Oldfield

You've had about 4 weeks to "look into it". Empty promises again.

Mike
MikeSydney, NSW

very bad service once you convert your loan to them

Loan Start DateMay 2015
Mriganka
MrigankaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Need to pass rate cuts being an online lender

I refinanced to LCA few years back, as LCA, being a few online lender at that time, was offering competitive rates. Whilst I felt that they have a reasonably good Customer Service and online user experience (smooth settlement process and quick turnaround time for responding to queries etc.), however when it comes to passing the rate cuts to their customers over the last couple of years, they are not as quick as the other new online/Fintech lenders. Sometimes they pass only a certain percentage of the rate cut and sometimes they don't pass the rate cut at all.

Loan Start DateMay 2018

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Laural
LauralSouth East Queensland, QLD

Initially great! But haven’t passed on interest rate cuts! What’s the point??

The customer service was great but I would no longer recommend. They didn’t pass on the interest rate cuts 3 times even though I was on variable. The point of being with them is that they have competitive rates but they are now higher then the big four. Disappointed!

too much
too muchGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unethical, unhelpful and purely organised.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019

whatelsewedo
whatelsewedo

Doesn't look after existing customer

First it attracts you with low interest rate and after becoming customer,loan.com.au treat us like we are nothing. I call them everytime when reserve bank cut interest rate but Everytime I here I am getting best interest rate blah..blah..blah . I am normal person and do not understand other than interest rate. My intreset rate is 3.22 variable now and my friend who went with other bank same time when both bank have same interest rate ,her interest rate is 2.69 variable only. What a shame..

Russ LPerth

Good to start, don't look after existing customers

Since joining Loans.com.au the interest rate for new customers has dropped much lower than existing customers. They are not interested in dropping for existing customers either. Looking to refinance elsewhere.

Loan Start DateSeptember 2018
Taryn C.loans.com.au

Hi Russ, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. If there’s anything further we could do to improve, we’d love to hear your feedback at customercare@loans.com.au.

Taryn C.loans.com.au

Hi Russ, thanks for letting me know. I will flag this on my end too so we can address this is as soon as possible.

Ben KAU

Bad customer experience, higher rates for existing customers

Avoid these guys, plenty of other lenders
Good 5 years ago, but do not communicate rate changes clearly, would not rectify their mistakes.Worst they have higher rates for existing customers now.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2014

18 months into 30 years

Best rate when we applied, but they don't pass on rate cuts to existing loans, only to new customers, now I'm refinancing away from loans.com.au as they are ~0.5% above the market price. They happily watch customers leave, take your loan to Athena the first time...

Loan Start DateOctober 2018
JuJu
JuJuGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Avoid - after almost 5 years with loans.com.au They do not give you the service you deserve!

Loan Start DateJanuary 2015
Loan used forRefinancing

Watch out - attractive interest rate and then....

Satisfactory customer service, however loans.com.au are very arrogant and unwilling to negotiate when interest rates become very uncompetitive (+0.75%) above their advertised rate! When approached and a review of the rate I was paying was requested, they refused! So ultimately I've switched to another institution. Watch out and do your homework - Not recommended.