loans.com.au
See the Best Loans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by loans.com.au

Kieran
Kieran

Moving goalposts and clunky service model

Was tempted by the rate- would be fine if you have ample time and over 40% LVR. Found that the service model is call centre based and you will have at least 3 “reps” through the process lots of repeating yourself, paperwork going missing and takes you to drive the process. Also to note they make you pay for your own valuation (unlike the big 4) and they don’t lend to outside city centres. The team were always friendly but got the impression they feel very hamstring also by the inflexibility of their process. Ended up changing providers and had other competing priorities during the buying process, not worth the extra drama for the 0.10% interest rate difference. Would like to have supported a smaller business but yeah…

hsk8787
hsk8787

stick with the real banks...

they threatened to freeze my account because I fully offset my loans.
they also made discharging my loan so difficult. no forms available online, I had to call them up and go through the rigmorale with their retention process and taking way longer than normal banks. really unhappy with the process.

Bad service

Discharging from Loans.com.au due to very high interest rates. The customer service kept changing originally agreed discharging date accusing another bank. Who is dishonest? Made complaint to AFCA. Trying to resolve discharging issues

Taryn C.loans.com.au

We're sorry you're unhappy with your experience and we'd like to look further into your case. Can you please email customerrelations@loans.com.au with your full name, account number and phone number, someone will be in touch with you shortly.

Anthony
AnthonySydney, NSW

Initial low interest rate will rise

I refinanced by mortgage several years ago with this company due to the much lower interest rate on offer. However this didn’t last & the interest rate crept up either due to them not passing on rate cuts or occasionally increasing their rate because of ‘addition funding costs’. As a result the interest is now higher than that my from my previous borrower.
It is also significantly higher than the interest rate being offered to new customers on their website.
I have no issue with the service I received in dealing with this company.

Loan Start DateJuly 2013
Taryn C.loans.com.au

Hi Anthony, thanks for your honest review we appreciate your feedback. We'd like to review this for you. Can you please send through your full name, loan a/c number and mobile to loansolutions@loans.com.au and someone can be in touch shortly.

Rahul N.
Rahul N.Sydney, NSW

Terrible company glad to be gone.

Loan Start DateApril 2016

AdamWarnbro

Great at first, then goes bad.

Excellent refinancing a few years ago. Very pleased. However interest rate cuts are not passed on and we were left with no option but to refinance with another lender at much better interest rates.

Adam

Thanks but I've assisted myself by refinancing with a much better rate with another lender. Shame you only keep new customers happy leaving the existing ones unhappy.

krishnmaash
krishnmaashSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have actively taken steps to make it more difficult for customers to compare interest rates

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Great Service

The service was friendly truthful. Everything happened as Jasmin said it would. couldn't be happier. There were no unexpected costs as everything was outlined in the first interview. Very satisfied with the whole experience.

Taryn C.loans.com.au

Hi there, thanks so much for your awesome review. We'll share this with Jazmin and the team! If there's every anything we can do to make our service 5-star, please do let us know!

Dan
DanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Product, feels like I got SCAMMED

Loan Start DateJanuary 2017

Daniel E
Daniel EGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible customer service and incorrect interest rate received

Mark B.
Mark B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Non Bank Lender becomes a Bank!

Loan Start DateDecember 2019
Martin OldfieldMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Possibly the worst retail experience

Loan Start DateNovember 2020
Martin Oldfield

You've had about 4 weeks to "look into it". Empty promises again.

Mike
MikeSydney, NSW

very bad service once you convert your loan to them

Loan Start DateMay 2015
2020homewa
2020homewaPerth, WA

So far so good

Andrew was super helpful in arranging my loan & the app once I could access (hint best to log in on the website home page) has been easy to use & easy to upload docs. I’m at the stage of printing, signing & returning mortgage docs after having my loan approved. It is a bit daunting doing it yourself & hoping all docs are in order but settlement is some time away so I have time to provide more or duplicate docs if required.
So far it’s been an easy, no fuss, no frills process. I would recommend loans.com.au if you’re ok with an amount of diy.

Loan Start DateNovember 2020
Taryn C.loans.com.au

Hey there, thanks so much for the great feedback and the recommendation. If there's anything else we could do to make the service 5-star, please let us know!

Laural
LauralSouth East Queensland, QLD

Initially great! But haven’t passed on interest rate cuts! What’s the point??

The customer service was great but I would no longer recommend. They didn’t pass on the interest rate cuts 3 times even though I was on variable. The point of being with them is that they have competitive rates but they are now higher then the big four. Disappointed!