loans.com.au
See the Best Loans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by loans.com.au

Bad service

Discharging from Loans.com.au due to very high interest rates. The customer service kept changing originally agreed discharging date accusing another bank. Who is dishonest? Made complaint to AFCA. Trying to resolve discharging issues

Taryn C.loans.com.au

We're sorry you're unhappy with your experience and we'd like to look further into your case. Can you please email customerrelations@loans.com.au with your full name, account number and phone number, someone will be in touch with you shortly.

CeeJaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a happy experience

Loan Start DateJuly 2021

Email has been sent

Anthony
AnthonySydney, NSW

Initial low interest rate will rise

I refinanced by mortgage several years ago with this company due to the much lower interest rate on offer. However this didn’t last & the interest rate crept up either due to them not passing on rate cuts or occasionally increasing their rate because of ‘addition funding costs’. As a result the interest is now higher than that my from my previous borrower.
It is also significantly higher than the interest rate being offered to new customers on their website.
I have no issue with the service I received in dealing with this company.

Loan Start DateJuly 2013
Taryn C.loans.com.au

Hi Anthony, thanks for your honest review we appreciate your feedback. We'd like to review this for you. Can you please send through your full name, loan a/c number and mobile to loansolutions@loans.com.au and someone can be in touch shortly.

AdamWarnbro

Great at first, then goes bad.

Excellent refinancing a few years ago. Very pleased. However interest rate cuts are not passed on and we were left with no option but to refinance with another lender at much better interest rates.

Adam

Thanks but I've assisted myself by refinancing with a much better rate with another lender. Shame you only keep new customers happy leaving the existing ones unhappy.

Daniel E
Daniel EGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible customer service and incorrect interest rate received

Martin OldfieldMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Possibly the worst retail experience

Loan Start DateNovember 2020
Martin Oldfield

You've had about 4 weeks to "look into it". Empty promises again.

SheSouth West, QLD

Bank balance decline

How can your income, credit check, deposit & valuation be approved, then you get declined because your bank balance will only be $5800 once your deposit is paid... shouldn’t a loan be approved based on your affordability to pay not your bank balance...

She

What I would like is a copy of the valuation report I paid for

Taryn C.loans.com.au

Hi there, we will refer your case to Customer Relations. Please email customerrelations@loans.com.au with your full name and application number and we will look into this further for you.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Mike
MikeSydney, NSW

very bad service once you convert your loan to them

Loan Start DateMay 2015
Lentheric
LenthericGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No rate cuts, slightly lower rate offered for new customers only, even the big banks are offering better rates.

Loan Start DateDecember 2018
Taryn C.loans.com.au

Hi Lentheric, thanks for your detailed feedback. We'd like to escalate your case to customer relations, so if you could please send your full name, email address and loan account number to customerrelations@loans.com.au and we'll assist ASAP.

Laural
LauralSouth East Queensland, QLD

Initially great! But haven’t passed on interest rate cuts! What’s the point??

The customer service was great but I would no longer recommend. They didn’t pass on the interest rate cuts 3 times even though I was on variable. The point of being with them is that they have competitive rates but they are now higher then the big four. Disappointed!

too much
too muchGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unethical, unhelpful and purely organised.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019
John LiuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not go with loans.com.au because they treat existing customers very bad

Loan Start DateOctober 2017

Brad BSydney, NSW

Loans.com.au are scammers - beware..

loans.com.au are notorious for gauging their existing customers. They suck in customers with a competitive ‘bait price‘ and then after 6 months will try every trick in the book to screw their exisiting customers for more money. In recent years this has been by achieved by either not passing on rate cuts or gauging their customers with rates hikes due to “increases in wholesale lending”. It’s funny that they don’t decrease home loan rates when wholesale lending costs come down like they did in 2019.
All customers with loans.com.au end up paying much much higher rates than the industry average. This is a terrible company with a disgraceful business model and I urge you to avoid this company at all costs.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2018
whatelsewedo
whatelsewedo

Doesn't look after existing customer

First it attracts you with low interest rate and after becoming customer,loan.com.au treat us like we are nothing. I call them everytime when reserve bank cut interest rate but Everytime I here I am getting best interest rate blah..blah..blah . I am normal person and do not understand other than interest rate. My intreset rate is 3.22 variable now and my friend who went with other bank same time when both bank have same interest rate ,her interest rate is 2.69 variable only. What a shame..

Lida L.
Lida L.Gungahlin 2912, ACT

Not Good Once You Become Their Customer

The introductory rate was good with offset account. However, my rate bumped up twice within the first 6 months after I became their customer. Called a couple of times for a rate review but they would not lower their rate at all. Not to mention most of lenders have passed on the RBA cut recently but Loans.com.au always find excuses not to fully pass it or don't pass it at all.
If you are casual or self-employed, be prepared to give them 3 years of income history, at least that's what happened to me. Also be aware it's not free when you decide to leave them.

Loan Start DateDecember 2016