loans.com.au
See the Best Loans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by loans.com.au

Anthony
AnthonySydney, NSW

Initial low interest rate will rise

I refinanced by mortgage several years ago with this company due to the much lower interest rate on offer. However this didn’t last & the interest rate crept up either due to them not passing on rate cuts or occasionally increasing their rate because of ‘addition funding costs’. As a result the interest is now higher than that my from my previous borrower.
It is also significantly higher than the interest rate being offered to new customers on their website.
I have no issue with the service I received in dealing with this company.

Loan Start DateJuly 2013
Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Anthony, thanks for your honest review we appreciate your feedback. We'd like to review this for you. Can you please send through your full name, loan a/c number and mobile to loansolutions@loans.com.au and someone can be in touch shortly.

Rahul N.
Rahul N.Sydney, NSW

Terrible company glad to be gone.

Loan Start DateApril 2016

AdamWarnbro

Great at first, then goes bad.

Excellent refinancing a few years ago. Very pleased. However interest rate cuts are not passed on and we were left with no option but to refinance with another lender at much better interest rates.

Adam

Thanks but I've assisted myself by refinancing with a much better rate with another lender. Shame you only keep new customers happy leaving the existing ones unhappy.

krishnmaash
krishnmaashSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have actively taken steps to make it more difficult for customers to compare interest rates

Daniel E
Daniel EGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible customer service and incorrect interest rate received

Martin OldfieldMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Possibly the worst retail experience

Loan Start DateNovember 2020
Martin Oldfield

You've had about 4 weeks to "look into it". Empty promises again.

Mike
MikeSydney, NSW

very bad service once you convert your loan to them

Loan Start DateMay 2015

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Laural
LauralSouth East Queensland, QLD

Initially great! But haven’t passed on interest rate cuts! What’s the point??

The customer service was great but I would no longer recommend. They didn’t pass on the interest rate cuts 3 times even though I was on variable. The point of being with them is that they have competitive rates but they are now higher then the big four. Disappointed!

Lionel W.
Lionel W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great for a new loan although for existing customers terrible.

I have been with loans.com.au for 5 years (home loan). Paid off 445k loan within 5 years of a 500k loan. As my 5 year interest only loan expired they would only give me a .2% reduction although a new loan would have been .7% less. Basically they don't care about existing customers but only new customers. I have now organised my home loan to go to another bank. Don't bother with them. There are heaps of other lenders that believe looking after their existing customers.

too much
too muchGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unethical, unhelpful and purely organised.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019
Hayley G.loans.com.au

Existing customers get high interest rates & poor service

Charley Zheng
Charley Zheng

Like big banks, sucks you in and keeps rates high

Joined 4 years ago. Rates kept on creeping up against benchmark. Recently tried to call to discuss rate change. After 12 days and 4 calls and two firm complaints to staff still zero response. I wanted to give them a chance to reduce the rates - which are now higher than the rates advertised by the big 4 - so that neither of us have to waste time changing. As one can expect, once you are a customer, you are treated poorly, and the rates will keep increasing to above the big 4.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2014

whatelsewedo
whatelsewedo

Doesn't look after existing customer

First it attracts you with low interest rate and after becoming customer,loan.com.au treat us like we are nothing. I call them everytime when reserve bank cut interest rate but Everytime I here I am getting best interest rate blah..blah..blah . I am normal person and do not understand other than interest rate. My intreset rate is 3.22 variable now and my friend who went with other bank same time when both bank have same interest rate ,her interest rate is 2.69 variable only. What a shame..

Hayley G.loans.com.au

the rates are introductory only - after a year or two they bump your product to a rate that is way worse than the market

Loan Start DateNovember 2014
Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Ian, we're sorry to see you left 1 star. We're always looking for feedback on ways we can improve our service. Please contact us at customercare@loans.com.au with any further questions or feedback you have.

Ben KAU

Bad customer experience, higher rates for existing customers

Avoid these guys, plenty of other lenders
Good 5 years ago, but do not communicate rate changes clearly, would not rectify their mistakes.Worst they have higher rates for existing customers now.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2014