loans.com.au
See the Best Loans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by loans.com.au

Rahul N.
Rahul N.Sydney, NSW

Terrible company glad to be gone.

Loan Start DateApril 2016

krishnmaash
krishnmaashSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have actively taken steps to make it more difficult for customers to compare interest rates

Bad Experience: Incompetent & Fake Loan Specialist

I have discussed my credit history and the loan details with their so call loan specialist because I don't want any credit enquiry if any issue, she said everything is good to go. I have applied but declined, when I have asked for reason for decline, they are saying as per guidelines it is declined but not sharing any reason. My credit report is being ruin because of their incompetence. They charged for property valuation $220 that no other lender i.e NAB, CBA, ANZ etc is charging. They said will refund $220 but after one week, but why?

Loan used forHome Construction
Ali

I have sent my details to your customer relations email as you suggested but no one even replied to my email as I knew. Also I can see you guys added many 5 star fake reviews since 3-4 original bad reviews. Disgusting!!!!!

SheSouth West, QLD

Bank balance decline

How can your income, credit check, deposit & valuation be approved, then you get declined because your bank balance will only be $5800 once your deposit is paid... shouldn’t a loan be approved based on your affordability to pay not your bank balance...

She

What I would like is a copy of the valuation report I paid for

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi there, we will refer your case to Customer Relations. Please email customerrelations@loans.com.au with your full name and application number and we will look into this further for you.

Lentheric
LenthericGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No rate cuts, slightly lower rate offered for new customers only, even the big banks are offering better rates.

Loan Start DateDecember 2018
Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Lentheric, thanks for your detailed feedback. We'd like to escalate your case to customer relations, so if you could please send your full name, email address and loan account number to customerrelations@loans.com.au and we'll assist ASAP.

Lionel W.
Lionel W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great for a new loan although for existing customers terrible.

I have been with loans.com.au for 5 years (home loan). Paid off 445k loan within 5 years of a 500k loan. As my 5 year interest only loan expired they would only give me a .2% reduction although a new loan would have been .7% less. Basically they don't care about existing customers but only new customers. I have now organised my home loan to go to another bank. Don't bother with them. There are heaps of other lenders that believe looking after their existing customers.

John LiuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not go with loans.com.au because they treat existing customers very bad

Loan Start DateOctober 2017

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Existing customers get high interest rates & poor service

Charley Zheng
Charley Zheng

Like big banks, sucks you in and keeps rates high

Joined 4 years ago. Rates kept on creeping up against benchmark. Recently tried to call to discuss rate change. After 12 days and 4 calls and two firm complaints to staff still zero response. I wanted to give them a chance to reduce the rates - which are now higher than the rates advertised by the big 4 - so that neither of us have to waste time changing. As one can expect, once you are a customer, you are treated poorly, and the rates will keep increasing to above the big 4.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2014

Brad BSydney, NSW

Loans.com.au are scammers - beware..

loans.com.au are notorious for gauging their existing customers. They suck in customers with a competitive ‘bait price‘ and then after 6 months will try every trick in the book to screw their exisiting customers for more money. In recent years this has been by achieved by either not passing on rate cuts or gauging their customers with rates hikes due to “increases in wholesale lending”. It’s funny that they don’t decrease home loan rates when wholesale lending costs come down like they did in 2019.
All customers with loans.com.au end up paying much much higher rates than the industry average. This is a terrible company with a disgraceful business model and I urge you to avoid this company at all costs.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2018
Lida L.
Lida L.Gungahlin 2912, ACT

Not Good Once You Become Their Customer

The introductory rate was good with offset account. However, my rate bumped up twice within the first 6 months after I became their customer. Called a couple of times for a rate review but they would not lower their rate at all. Not to mention most of lenders have passed on the RBA cut recently but Loans.com.au always find excuses not to fully pass it or don't pass it at all.
If you are casual or self-employed, be prepared to give them 3 years of income history, at least that's what happened to me. Also be aware it's not free when you decide to leave them.

Loan Start DateDecember 2016
Hayley G.loans.com.au

the rates are introductory only - after a year or two they bump your product to a rate that is way worse than the market

Loan Start DateNovember 2014
Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Ian, we're sorry to see you left 1 star. We're always looking for feedback on ways we can improve our service. Please contact us at customercare@loans.com.au with any further questions or feedback you have.

Mark
MarkSydney, NSW

Don't be fooled

The initial service, fees, and rates were good. Now they offer new customers much lower rates and blame funding tranches. Existing clients ripped off. They will not reply to emails. The service is shocking.

Loan Start DateJune 2018
Alane
AlanePerth, WA

Does not treat Existing Customers Fairly!!!

I have been with loans.com.au for 4.5 years. They have consistently failed to pass on in full the RBA cash rate reductions. When I first joined them the gap between the RBA rate and my variable rate was 2.06%, but the gap to the RBA rate is now 2.57%. My rate is now 0.5% higher than the rate offered to new customers !!!! I challenged them on this and asked for a reduction but they gave me lots of poor excuses. I am leaving them. Do not sign up to this company, they will not look after you.

Loan Start DateAugust 2015