loans.com.au

loans.com.au (page 2 of 4)

Home Loans, Car Loans

too much
too muchGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unethical, unhelpful and purely organised.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019
John LiuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not go with loans.com.au because they treat existing customers very bad

Loan Start DateOctober 2017

Loan Start DateFebruary 2005
Loan used forSecond Home

Curtinboy
CurtinboyCurtin 2605, ACT

Best decision I made was to leave

As is the case with many borrowers with loans.com.au, I was enticed by the initially low rates. However, the lender raised rates a number of times, even when the Reserve Bank didn't raise rates. When I contacted loans.com to see if they would move my rate down, even marginally, to be more in line with other no-frills lenders, they refused. I shifted to Homestar, which have been wonderful, so far.

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback, we appreciate it. We're sorry to see you go. If you have any further feedback regarding our customer service, please let us know.

Chris
ChrisPerth

Terrible

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Existing customers get high interest rates & poor service

Loan used forInvestment Property
Brad BSydney, NSW

Loans.com.au are scammers - beware..

loans.com.au are notorious for gauging their existing customers. They suck in customers with a competitive ‘bait price‘ and then after 6 months will try every trick in the book to screw their exisiting customers for more money. In recent years this has been by achieved by either not passing on rate cuts or gauging their customers with rates hikes due to “increases in wholesale lending”. It’s funny that they don’t decrease home loan rates when wholesale lending costs come down like they did in 2019.
All customers with loans.com.au end up paying much much higher rates than the industry average. This is a terrible company with a disgraceful business model and I urge you to avoid this company at all costs.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2018
Loan used forFirst Home
whatelsewedo
whatelsewedo

Doesn't look after existing customer

First it attracts you with low interest rate and after becoming customer,loan.com.au treat us like we are nothing. I call them everytime when reserve bank cut interest rate but Everytime I here I am getting best interest rate blah..blah..blah . I am normal person and do not understand other than interest rate. My intreset rate is 3.22 variable now and my friend who went with other bank same time when both bank have same interest rate ,her interest rate is 2.69 variable only. What a shame..

Joseph
JosephMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst experience in my life

MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not passing 19th March Rate Cut at all!

Mel
MelMelbourne

Passed on first rate cut but not the second

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Mel, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and we are sorry to hear that you have had an unfavourable experience with us. If there’s anything further we could do to improve, please do share your feedback at customercare@loans.com.au.

AshGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

During time of crisis

Don't be lured to their loan rate as when i signed up after 6 months whether the interest rates go up or not they raised it. When the reserve bank dropped it they don't drop it and when you ask for hardship due to coronavirus impact and ask if it will affect your credit profile i get advised yes really even through these difficult times where the whole world is suffering. Thanks for not helping through this time of stress and anxiety

Ash

Well after this message the lady apologised and said she made a mistake so I will take that comment back as she obviously didnt know.

Scammers - beware!

Lure you in with low initial rates, then jack your rate up with a series of small incremental rate increases (out of alignment with the RBA decisions) due to 'overseas funding costs blah blah blah'.
RBA cuts are not passed on, only to new customers.
It's a big, nasty scam and it shouldn't be legal. Avoid.

James R.

Nothing like a stock standard response that fails to address the criticisms I have raised in this complaint. Other potential customers undoubtedly would like you to address the points I have raised? Or is this an admission of your business practices?

the rates are introductory only - after a year or two they bump your product to a rate that is way worse than the market

Loan Start DateNovember 2014
Loan used forInvestment Property
Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Ian, we're sorry to see you left 1 star. We're always looking for feedback on ways we can improve our service. Please contact us at customercare@loans.com.au with any further questions or feedback you have.

Ben KAU

Bad customer experience, higher rates for existing customers

Avoid these guys, plenty of other lenders
Good 5 years ago, but do not communicate rate changes clearly, would not rectify their mistakes.Worst they have higher rates for existing customers now.

Loan Start DateFebruary 2014