loans.com.au
See the Best Loans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by loans.com.au

Anthony
AnthonySydney, NSW

Initial low interest rate will rise

I refinanced by mortgage several years ago with this company due to the much lower interest rate on offer. However this didn’t last & the interest rate crept up either due to them not passing on rate cuts or occasionally increasing their rate because of ‘addition funding costs’. As a result the interest is now higher than that my from my previous borrower.
It is also significantly higher than the interest rate being offered to new customers on their website.
I have no issue with the service I received in dealing with this company.

Loan Start DateJuly 2013
Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Anthony, thanks for your honest review we appreciate your feedback. We'd like to review this for you. Can you please send through your full name, loan a/c number and mobile to loansolutions@loans.com.au and someone can be in touch shortly.

AdamWarnbro

Great at first, then goes bad.

Excellent refinancing a few years ago. Very pleased. However interest rate cuts are not passed on and we were left with no option but to refinance with another lender at much better interest rates.

Adam

Thanks but I've assisted myself by refinancing with a much better rate with another lender. Shame you only keep new customers happy leaving the existing ones unhappy.

krishnmaash
krishnmaashSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have actively taken steps to make it more difficult for customers to compare interest rates

Mike
MikeSydney, NSW

very bad service once you convert your loan to them

Loan Start DateMay 2015
Loans

Find out how loans.com.au compares to other Loans

Laural
LauralSouth East Queensland, QLD

Initially great! But haven’t passed on interest rate cuts! What’s the point??

The customer service was great but I would no longer recommend. They didn’t pass on the interest rate cuts 3 times even though I was on variable. The point of being with them is that they have competitive rates but they are now higher then the big four. Disappointed!

Lionel W.
Lionel W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great for a new loan although for existing customers terrible.

I have been with loans.com.au for 5 years (home loan). Paid off 445k loan within 5 years of a 500k loan. As my 5 year interest only loan expired they would only give me a .2% reduction although a new loan would have been .7% less. Basically they don't care about existing customers but only new customers. I have now organised my home loan to go to another bank. Don't bother with them. There are heaps of other lenders that believe looking after their existing customers.

Charley Zheng
Charley Zheng

Like big banks, sucks you in and keeps rates high

Joined 4 years ago. Rates kept on creeping up against benchmark. Recently tried to call to discuss rate change. After 12 days and 4 calls and two firm complaints to staff still zero response. I wanted to give them a chance to reduce the rates - which are now higher than the rates advertised by the big 4 - so that neither of us have to waste time changing. As one can expect, once you are a customer, you are treated poorly, and the rates will keep increasing to above the big 4.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2014

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

18 months into 30 years

Best rate when we applied, but they don't pass on rate cuts to existing loans, only to new customers, now I'm refinancing away from loans.com.au as they are ~0.5% above the market price. They happily watch customers leave, take your loan to Athena the first time...

Loan Start DateOctober 2018
Todd

Watch out - attractive interest rate and then....

Satisfactory customer service, however loans.com.au are very arrogant and unwilling to negotiate when interest rates become very uncompetitive (+0.75%) above their advertised rate! When approached and a review of the rate I was paying was requested, they refused! So ultimately I've switched to another institution. Watch out and do your homework - Not recommended.

Loans

Find out how loans.com.au compares to other Loans

Matt
MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BEWARE: Loyalty tax for existing customers. Access to lower advertised rates blocked! Date: Aug 2019

Loan used forRefinancing

Good Rates to start with but as an existent customer, I pay more that new

As I write this, the advertised rate for the product I have is 0.1% lower than I am getting (with them passing on 0.2% of rate reduction). I had been paying 3.84% interest rate when their advertised rate had been lower. i am leaving them as my situation means that negotiating with them is not worth it. but beware of suck in and increase rates later tactics!

Loan Start DateJuly 2017