loans.com.au
See the Best Loans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by loans.com.au

CentralCoast
CentralCoastSydney, NSW

Valuation was well below current market values

I applied for a loan on a property. It was a realistic offer based on 6 months of research in the area. The valuation came in much lower than the average price. I lost $3000 in deposit, surveys, solicitors and valuation fees. I was not able to request a review or second opinion on the valuation.

Anthony
AnthonySydney, NSW

Initial low interest rate will rise

I refinanced by mortgage several years ago with this company due to the much lower interest rate on offer. However this didn’t last & the interest rate crept up either due to them not passing on rate cuts or occasionally increasing their rate because of ‘addition funding costs’. As a result the interest is now higher than that my from my previous borrower.
It is also significantly higher than the interest rate being offered to new customers on their website.
I have no issue with the service I received in dealing with this company.

Loan Start DateJuly 2013
Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Anthony, thanks for your honest review we appreciate your feedback. We'd like to review this for you. Can you please send through your full name, loan a/c number and mobile to loansolutions@loans.com.au and someone can be in touch shortly.

AdamWarnbro

Great at first, then goes bad.

Excellent refinancing a few years ago. Very pleased. However interest rate cuts are not passed on and we were left with no option but to refinance with another lender at much better interest rates.

Adam

Thanks but I've assisted myself by refinancing with a much better rate with another lender. Shame you only keep new customers happy leaving the existing ones unhappy.

Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.South East Queensland, QLD

Not the best customer service

Always disappointed that this company gives so much better rates to new customers. Existing customers lose out unless they go through all the hoops of negotiating a better deal.......writing this review as I remain 9th in the queue to speak to a customer service representative!!!!!!

krishnmaash
krishnmaashSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have actively taken steps to make it more difficult for customers to compare interest rates

Mike
MikeSydney, NSW

very bad service once you convert your loan to them

Loan Start DateMay 2015
fahqteam
fahqteamSydney, NSW

Rate cuts

RBA cut rates 6 days ago and yet we don’t get informed on if it’s getting passed on or not, not even a time frame on when we will know, this is lazy and a horrible way to treat customers leaving them in the dark telling them nothing. Not one thing said in media release

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Eric
EricSydney, NSW

Interest rate from good to bad for existing customer

I have a home loan with them for 6 years and I think it's time to move. Their rate was competitive at the start as a new customer but become worse when the interest rate moved up and down over the years, the gap between new customer/other lenders and mine is getting wider. I was disappointed when the rate was fast to increase and slow/no to pass the reduction. I thought I could stay with them for the full term. Who enjoy the paperwork to switch lender if your rate is great from the start to end? Loyalty got punished.

Laural
LauralSouth East Queensland, QLD

Initially great! But haven’t passed on interest rate cuts! What’s the point??

The customer service was great but I would no longer recommend. They didn’t pass on the interest rate cuts 3 times even though I was on variable. The point of being with them is that they have competitive rates but they are now higher then the big four. Disappointed!

Lionel W.
Lionel W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great for a new loan although for existing customers terrible.

I have been with loans.com.au for 5 years (home loan). Paid off 445k loan within 5 years of a 500k loan. As my 5 year interest only loan expired they would only give me a .2% reduction although a new loan would have been .7% less. Basically they don't care about existing customers but only new customers. I have now organised my home loan to go to another bank. Don't bother with them. There are heaps of other lenders that believe looking after their existing customers.

Charley Zheng
Charley Zheng

Like big banks, sucks you in and keeps rates high

Joined 4 years ago. Rates kept on creeping up against benchmark. Recently tried to call to discuss rate change. After 12 days and 4 calls and two firm complaints to staff still zero response. I wanted to give them a chance to reduce the rates - which are now higher than the rates advertised by the big 4 - so that neither of us have to waste time changing. As one can expect, once you are a customer, you are treated poorly, and the rates will keep increasing to above the big 4.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2014
Lida L.
Lida L.Gungahlin 2912, ACT

Not Good Once You Become Their Customer

The introductory rate was good with offset account. However, my rate bumped up twice within the first 6 months after I became their customer. Called a couple of times for a rate review but they would not lower their rate at all. Not to mention most of lenders have passed on the RBA cut recently but Loans.com.au always find excuses not to fully pass it or don't pass it at all.
If you are casual or self-employed, be prepared to give them 3 years of income history, at least that's what happened to me. Also be aware it's not free when you decide to leave them.

Loan Start DateDecember 2016
Loan used forFirst Home

18 months into 30 years

Best rate when we applied, but they don't pass on rate cuts to existing loans, only to new customers, now I'm refinancing away from loans.com.au as they are ~0.5% above the market price. They happily watch customers leave, take your loan to Athena the first time...

Loan Start DateOctober 2018
Ray
RaySydney, NSW

A little bit tricky

Loan used forFirst Home

Watch out - attractive interest rate and then....

Satisfactory customer service, however loans.com.au are very arrogant and unwilling to negotiate when interest rates become very uncompetitive (+0.75%) above their advertised rate! When approached and a review of the rate I was paying was requested, they refused! So ultimately I've switched to another institution. Watch out and do your homework - Not recommended.