Loans.com.au Home Loans

Loans.com.au Home Loans (page 2 of 9)

Easy home loan!!

Customer service was excellent. They explained everything clearly and kept in touch regularly.
The rates are quite good right now.
Wasn't real impressed with 'On Track', especially the app. Needs urgent attention to be more user friendly..

Loan TypeSplit
Loan used for:Renovation

chickens

chickensMelbourne

Great

I was referred to loans.com.au by a friend and we could not be happier. It was easier to navigate the application process than by the banks and brokers I have used in the past. I was extremely happy with the rate and the settlement process. Customer service can be a bit limited, as they are only open business hours and always seems to be a wait.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019
Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Beware - not all variables are the same

Be careful taking out a "variable loan with loans.com. They are offering new clients much lower variable rates than existing customers with exactly the same condition, and simply call the new loan product a slightly different name, with identical conditions. When you ask them to review your rate they blame the funding they took out at the time of your loan for your price and say there is nothing they can do for you. The latest rate cuts have left my other loans at CBA only 13 points more than loans.com. upshot - there advertised rates are not what you end up getting over time.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2018
Loan used for:Investment Property
Duane K

Duane KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Flexibility creates easier lifestyle

Easiest loan process I could have imagined. Lender offers GREAT interest rates, top customer service, and flexibility that has literally changed our lifestyle! Wish we had not been on a fixed term loan with previous lender as we would have changed MUCH sooner to loans.com

Diana

DianaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

low interest rates, prompt service

good customer service, professional and helpful, always prompt feedback, quick response times, very happy with the rates offered, system could have been a bit faster and improved, but all in all no problems at all, super fast settlement

Loan used for:Refinancing

They don't care about existing customer.

Their special rate is only for new customer. They clearly said I can leave if I am not happy but they are not giving me special interest rate even though my loan is variable.

I have also loan with other bank and they automatically give me special rate without asking.

Save your time and effort by not going with loan.com.au

Mel

MelHobart, TAS

Very Happy

We were referred to loans.com.au by a friend and we could not be happier. It as easier to navigate the application process than by the banks we used in the past. We are extremely happy with the rate and the awesome customer service. We could not speak more highly.

Loan Start DateAugust 2019

Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

Rate creep!

We joined loans.com.au 2.5years ago. At the time the rates were good and competitive.

These days not so much.

3.16% P&I Owner Occ
3.58% IO Investment
3.31% P&I Investment

These guys quite often don't pass on rates in full to existing customers. They also pass on larger cuts for new customers.

They make themselves appear competitive to new customers, but as soon as you've signed on the dotted line, expect your rates to creep up.

Very satisfying

Excellent, no extra costs involved, very happy with the rate, will recommend to others. no problems what so ever during the whole process. Easy access to account and loan payments etc.

Loan used for:Second Home

Lindsay A

Lindsay ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy with my decision to switch my 3 mortgages to loans.com.au

Not Kind to loyal customer

I have been with them for 5 years now. I am very disappointed they didn't pass on full rate cut to customer and actually they increased interest last year claiming the borrowing expenses went up, but the cash rate was the same last year. There is a gap between 0.4 and 0.5 between new and existing customers. It is just encouraging the existing customers to refinance with other providers. While try to keep new customers happy, can you please think about how to retain your loyal existing customers?

Ralph

RalphSouth East Queensland, QLD

ONLINE LOAN OK

I was happy with the online application with loans.com. I found the up loading of documents next to useless ended up just emailing my document's. Also found the first person contact taking details of my assets and income, short and pushy. Also could be clearer on the documents there are after.

Loan used for:Second Home

Rosemary N

Rosemary NAU

[Bad] operation

Lure you in with low rate, then raise it after you are with them while no one raise rate. Dodgy documentation fee of 250 for discharge , not sure if this is even legal. Pathetic retention team. The whole operation is basically using existing customers money to fund new customer discount. If old customer dont leave, they are profitable. If they leave, they got sludged with expensive fees. Stay away. There are better lenders out there.

Loan used for:First Home

Customer

CustomerPerth

Not passing full rate cut to their customers

In last 3 rate cuts by RBA. Only once have been forwarded to customers in FULL. There are many other lenders offering far better rate than these. It seems as loans.com.au don't even want to retain the customers by matching or lowering the rate. They might be only focusing on revenue from loan exit fee.

Customer support is also limited to weekdays-working hours only

Below average lenders

Customer service is just okay - however they increased loan interest rate in an environment where most institutions were lowering theirs. Additionally out of the last three interest rate cuts they've only passed one on in full and they're very slow in passing them on. If you're in the market for a loan, go elsewhere.

save time do it online

Straightforward process

I did find the first person I spoke with abrupt and a little pushy, and this made me nervous as I hadn’t used an online lender before.

Thereafter I had good support and the online portal was an efficient way to lodge documents. I think there could be some tightening up of document names and labels, and submission requirements, as it wasn’t always clear what was being requested so there was a bit of back and forth.

Got there in the end and happy so far. They are a no frills lender so there isn’t the 7 day service but I can work with that.

I noticed another review said their interest rate was jacked up 6 months into the loan period so I’ll review again if this were to happen.

Scott

ScottSydney, NSW

There are better online lenders out there (lower interest rates and better services)

dee b.

dee b.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rude & Pushy

My experience during initial phone appointment made me annoyed & uneasy. The person who took my call kept cutting me off and almost insisting I make a decision to go forward or not without even listening/responding to my concerns.

Robert S.

Robert S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good rates

The customers services was good and kept me informed though the loan prose.l with no unexpected expenses or problems setting up the loan the rates were very competitive thank you