Locality Planning Energy

Locality Planning Energy (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Wonderful customer service.

Nothing is a problem for this company. All phone calls are answered promptly and helpfully.
Had a new service supplied quickly and easily. Wonderful customer service, can not recommend highly enough. Well done to them!

Great Customer Service

Every interaction has been a pleasure, no long waits in queues, courteous people who understand you and act quickly, very affordable option for electricity, can’t speak highly enough of this company, do yourself a favour and consider a change for the better, thanks LPE

The enigma

The enigma

No customer or after hours service and expensive

If you're considering using this company, think again.
The company communication is non existent which explains why their staff have less customer service than a stop sign.

They have been dismissive and dishonest to save a few bucks and cover thier mistakes on my account.

If your strata or body corporate decides to use this company, you will no longer have the power of choice and are stuck with them. How can that possibly get you the best deal.

Edit: it has been a few months now and they are no cheaper than my previous supplier, don't send bills but send harassing reminders and have a few hidden fees I'm still trying to decipher.

Great Company and excellent staff 10/10 would recommend

Power is reliable, i’ve never experienced a drop out (while home) power was once off as i returned home and couldn’t enter my house due to garage not being able to open but after giving them a call it was done in less then 30 min.

BBBrisbaneQLD, 4101

It is a trap! never sign up.

Their marking strategy is to get building manager make everyone sign-up. (not sure what they give them, but they run around trying to convince you). Once you are with them the problem starts. limited customer support on limited hours. They are resellers so they can't help with your electricity supply. Their payment is monthly with short due dates. failing to pay on time or slight wrong payment will void your "discounts" resulting in extra fee for the month (like 30%) and an extra $14 late payment fee. Also you owe them a final meter reading fee if you are renter.

Dyan

DyanDoolandella

Easy to contact and approachable team

One drop out when the many suburbs lost power to a major junction being struck.
Connecting was effortless, the team are friendly, helpful and work efficiently.very happy with the customer service team.

Excellent customer service

Sign up process was simple, and when I needed to cancel my service (moved interstate) the disconnection was just as simple. No off shore customer service & little to no wait time to reach a customer service officer.
Was contacted after cancellation to advise of a credit remaining on my account - not many honest companies like this left! Big shoutout to Julie who assisted me in submitting a refund request & was an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Julie B.Locality Planning Energy

Hi MaryBeth - thank you so much for your lovely feedback and the special shoutout to Julie - our Customer Service Team works very hard at supporting our customers and I'm very pleased to hear that your had an excellent experience!

Exceptional service

Extremely happy with LPE since the get go. Our unit complex transitioned to bulk supply a couple of years ago. We were kept informed at all times during the transition stage and staff were excellent in answering queries. I didn’t know what to expect as this concept was new to me at the time. So glad I agreed and signed up. We’ve noticed a huge reduction in the cost of combined power and gas hot water, and there’s never been any ‘surprises’. I’ve recommended LPE to my daughter who lives in a townhouse setting as I believe she and her partner (and others) will benefit if they too made the shift to LPE. Can’t speak highly enough of the staff, especially Shelley whom I recently dealt with.

Julie B.Locality Planning Energy

Hi Sue - thank you for leaving such positive feedback, we really appreciate it. We are so pleased to hear that you received exceptional service, which is certainly the standard we expect at LPE. Thank You again.

Smells bad

I received a bill from LPE and we are receiving phone call requesting payment but we are not one of their customers, I called the number on the so called bill and it goes to messages.

Worst Energy Supplier Ever - Very Expensive

So i live in an apartment where i was using Red energy prior for a 1 person studio apartment. My quarterly bill was $310.

Then, we were made to switch to Locality Planning Energy and i started getting a monthly bill of $160. Thats $480 quarterly. A major increase in my bill and i am not even home most days of the month as i travel interstate for work.

i complained several time but nothing was done.

Dodgy Company, DO NOT move your electricity with them

Great Prices and Local Customer Service

We use LPE as our electricity supplier. The process to sign up was very easy and we didn't even have to contact our old supplier. Our power is reliable and whenever I have called their customer service team, (who are based in Australia) they have been able to resolve everything easily and quickly. So refreshing to speak with an Australian and not have to deal with a communication barrier. We are paying a very competitive rate for our electricity and I always recommend them to family and friends.

Peppa

PeppaSunshine Coast

No Offshore Customer Service - PERFECT!

We saw the advertisement on TV and decided to give them a call - we were so impressed with the Customer Service and the fact that the company was Australian owned and supported Aussie Communities - but what really sold us was the Customer Service, it is local and not offshore - we love the fact that we can speak to an Australian! The pricing was awesome, very competitive and the way they explained everything to me was easy to understand - so pleased we made the change!

Julie B.Locality Planning Energy

Hi Peppa, we really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. Glad to hear you are happy with your LPE account, and don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help :) LPE Team

Worst service provider I have ever used!

Julie B.Locality Planning Energy

By far the worst electricity provider

By far the worst electricity provider, no after hours customer service line, switched off the power without providing notice, the response from that was “we will get someone to contact you in the morning”. Do not go with this company.

Julie B.Locality Planning Energy

Hello Alex - we were of the understanding that this issue had been resolved?? We have also left messages for a follow up - if you feel this is still unresolved, please call LPE and ask for Julie on 1800 040 168.

Mr ArmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Meter read are inconsistent and random days

I am sick of this company slowly increasing my bills each month, only two people live in the unit and majority of things are switched off at the power point or unplugged.
They completely stuffed up the first bill by over $350 which then they rectified right before the due date. (how does this happen?).

They randomly check the meter at different days of the month, so one bill can say 30 days the other 27 days or 40 days, seriously sort your mess out and have a proper time frame, getting sick of this inconsistencies and inaccuracies of readings costing everyone a fortune.

Never again going with body corporate agreements.

Mr Army

Unfortunately you guys told me to get an electrician to rectify the issue. The bloody unit is brand new. I'm sure you know exactly what the issue is but this is part of a strategy by LPE to discourage customers chasing the issue. Disgusting.

LPE isn't worth it

Rebecca78

Rebecca78Sunshine Coast

Excellent customer service from an Australian Company!!!

Julie B.Locality Planning Energy

Hi Rebecca, we really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. Glad to hear you are happy with your LPE account, and don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help :) Thanks, Julie.

Not very helpful

Me and my partner have just moved into an apartment where we could not use our own provider. Fair enough it was in our contract. 1st bill was $53, 2nd bill$27, 3rd bill $79 we do not have internet. Do not cook at home. Don't use air con. Have emailed continuously to ask what their peak and off peak times are. As we are trying to save. Response was it is on top of your bill. Check you latest bill. Go to our website Unable to get a straight answer. Wonder what next bill will be.

David

DavidGold Coast

Weekly Harassment Notes

After speaking to their customer service team, I’ve decided to stay with my existing service provider as I believe that LPE can’t provide me the care and attention that I deserve as a paying customer.
For starters, on a weekly basis they leave notes under my door advising me of my options. Thanks for that, I got the understanding the first time, no need to waste paper.
Yesterday I came home from work and slipped on the piece of paper that their rep had left me. Injuring myself in the process.
Their customer service team isn’t open after hours so it’s not like I can contact them anytime I have a problem.

Hello David,
One of our experienced representatives would love to assist you with your enquiries, so please either info@localityenergy.com.au or call our team on 1800 040 168. Warm regards, Julie.

Deb

DebBrisbane

VERY SURPRISED

My Husband and I moved into a unit unit complex that was going through the process of being changed to LPE. I was a little unhappy that I couldn't choose my provider however I am so glad now that we are being supplied and billed by them. I pay half the daily supply rate that other Retailers offer and cheaper electricity. Once my Husband gets his next posting I will be definitely looking for a complex that has Locality electricity. I highly recommend this Retailer.

Julie B.Locality Planning Energy

Hi Deb, we really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. Glad to hear you are happy with your LPE account. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help :) Thanks, Julie

Julie Trindall

Julie Trindallasked

Our unit block is about to sign up with LPE - how can we be sure we are getting what the salesmen have promised - om paper it looks good. I am a pensioner living in Fortitude Valley and would like to discuss other people's experience with LPE. Is there some way I can have a face-to-face meeting with you?

Julie B.Locality Planning Energy

Hi Julie - thank you for your question. We'd be happy to help you with any concerns you may have, and organise a team member to give you a call or arrange a meeting with you. If you'd like to email your contact details through to info@localityenergy.com.au so we can contact you directly or alternatively, you may wish to call our Customer Service Team on 1800 040 168. Thank Julie.

BBBrisbane

The problem is what the salesman is not telling you. They give kickbacks to building managers. This comes from overcharges to tenants.

Seeking answers

Seeking answersasked

My building is thinking of going with LPE but from what you are saying it doesn't sound like a good idea. Evan I would agree that customer service isn't their strong suit. R K I'm not sure how your costs have gone up if you are not using electricity, what are they charging for this to occur? Dave the Metering Charge is only on for a set period (up to 5 years) to recover capital costs associated with the installation of the meters. Origin charge on a daily basis but bill quarterly, are LPE charging extra to bill monthly? What I am chasing is detail that can be used to persuade others to vote no. However looking at my current (Origin) electricity costs LPEs Usage charge is a few cents cheaper per kWh and the Supply Charge is almost half. If the committee elects to pay upfront there is no metering charge. I have yet to see a schedule of fees, including late fee costs, which may clear things up. Can anyone provide detail on why or how the costs with LPE are more expensive?

R K
R K

Having a quick look at my previous bill vs LPE, the consumption charge went from $0.18604/kwh to $0.2532/kwh (based on 1,000kwh, an increase of $67 per month). In addition, supply charges went from $0.28447 to $0.63075 per day (based on 30 days, an increase of approx $10/month). Overall increase of $77 per month or $924 per year. In addition, I believe they charge you extra fees if you haven't set up a direct debit payment. I feel like the body corporate must get some sort of kick back from using these guys because I've not met one apartment owner/renter who agrees with their choice! Hope this helps a little

Dave C
Dave C

You hit the nail on the head RK. There were no meter installation charges on the last unit I rented. I was also through Origin. Yes Bodycorps get kickbacks for signing onto these type of contracts. My bill has more than doubled over the last six months, but my consumption has not.

Put it this way. My last power bill from Origin for quarter was around the $180 mark. My first three bills from LPE combined at three months is twice that. More than a third of those charges are their own fees. Ten months down the road, this has doubled. My lease is up in two months... I will never sign a lease where they dictate the energy supplier again. Never. I'm just about past the point where I'm ready to build.

No, I asked about the metering charge. LPE stated the charge was for someone to come out and read the meter.

If you want to be locked into super-high energy bills...go right ahead. There is no compromise later when those bills start coming in.

Get an answer from our members and Locality Planning Energy representatives