3.3

57% · 4432 · 42%

John D
John D

Why can't Everything be this easy?

Friendly, approachable, easy to deal with team who left the jargon right out of it.
I no longer consider electricity confusing since joining LPE.
Everyone should make the switch to LPE now. Show details

ChrissyL
ChrissyLSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

I loved how all my questions were explained in a easy to understand approach. I had no idea how to read my bill until my representative broke it down for me. The entire process was simple and they took care of everything for me. Show details
Mark T
Mark TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Savings

I have been a customer with LPE for over 3 years now. I have received great savings on my electricity bills over this period of time. I found the bills easy to read and understand. Best of all cheap prices. Show details
Benjamin S
Benjamin SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Saved 40% on my Power Bills with LPE!

Transferred my account to LPE after a friend of mine recommended it.
My first bill has come in and it is 40% cheaper than the same time last year.
Both times i have called the office i have spoken to the same customer service operator Andrew who was really friendly and helpful Show details
CharlieN
CharlieNSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worth the Change

Was previously with Sanctuary Energy and no real issues but when LPE compared my last electricity bill they were able to save me over $100 per quarter.
They were really easy to deal with and I found out they are located on the Sunshine Coast QLD and that's also where their call centre is (Not India or the Philippines!!!)
Was really refreshing to deal with a company that offers their best rate up front and no dodgy discount deals or penalties - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Show details

Nick Kendall
Nick KendallSouth East Queensland, QLD

MY BILLS HAVE REDUCED BY $30 PER MONTH

I switched to LPE earlier this year after being convinced by some friends. Called their customer service for a quote and immediately got someone over the phone. After some convincing, i switched to LPE and 4 weeks later got my first bill. I was annoyed at first as I could see the total was higher than expected but after another quick phone call to their customer service, they made me realise my hot water was also included in the bill...
Long story short, I felt stupid but I am now saving about $30 a month...Happy days ! Show details
Colin D
Colin D

Electricity

We had electricity installed at our property. The setup process was simple and quick, setup with a quick phone call. We have experienced no dropouts as of yet, the service is very reliable. Show details
Vera S
Vera SAU2 posts

Great rates, great customer service, no confusing discounts!

Great rates provided by a local company. Great customer service with a local customer service, that can be properly talked to. They offer the cheapest rates upront, so there are no confusing discounts! Show details
Susi Bostock
Susi BostockSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Willing to listen and help sort through special requirements

I have a daughter with special needs who receives a medical cooling assistance rebate. Not a commonly known set of circumstances and I don't expect my electricity provider to be fluent on this topic. LPE were English speaking, friendly, willing to learn what we needed and reassured me they will have this sorted on our account. All within 5 mins. Took me over 2 hours to sort with my last provider. Show details

Marie
MarieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service Best plan for Solar

I contacted LPE about their rate for Solar. They gave me a comparison for my previous bill from another retailer and showed a genuine saving. The staff were pleasant and informative and know that i have my bill from them i am definitely seeing significant savings. Show details
gmgm
gmgm2 posts

Terrible and over priced

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment and my bill was 200 A MONTH. The following monthly it was 160 and i was travelling for half the month.

So overpriced!

Ellie L.
Ellie L.

DO NOT LISTEN TO REAL ESTATES WHEN THEY SUGGEST THIS COMPANY

Newly built little townhouses in sunshine coast, was recommended this supplier from our real estates and then lied to saying that this is the only supplied in the area - WRONG. We were charged over $200 for a MONTH for a small townhouse. We were also lied to by the supplier when we asked if they charged an initial fee to set up the electricity, another lie - they charge a $25 connection fee. The day was received our first bill was the same say we changed electricity suppliers. No discounts are provided, not a very competitive supplier from what we can see.

Judi
Judi

Wonderful customer service

Nothing is a problem for this company. All phone calls are answered promptly and helpfully.

Had a new service supplied quickly and easily. Wonderful customer service, can not recommend highly enough. Well done to them!

Paul
Paul2 posts

Great Customer Service

Every interaction has been a pleasure, no long waits in queues, courteous people who understand you and act quickly, very affordable option for electricity, can’t speak highly enough of this company, do yourself a favour and consider a change for the better, thanks LPE

The enigma
The enigma2 posts

No customer or after hours service and expensive

If you're considering using this company, think again.

The company communication is non existent which explains why their staff have less customer service than a stop sign.

They have been dismissive and dishonest to save a few bucks and cover thier mistakes on my account.

If your strata or body corporate decides to use this company, you will no longer have the power of choice and are stuck with them. How can that possibly get you the best deal.

Edit: it has been a few months now and they are no cheaper than my previous supplier, don't send bills but send harassing reminders and have a few hidden fees I'm still trying to decipher.

Z.V
Z.V

Great Company and excellent staff 10/10 would recommend

Power is reliable, i’ve never experienced a drop out (while home) power was once off as i returned home and couldn’t enter my house due to garage not being able to open but after giving them a call it was done in less then 30 min.

BBBrisbane
BBBrisbaneQLD, 410128 posts

It is a trap! never sign up

Their marking strategy is to get building manager make everyone sign-up. (not sure what they give them, but they run around trying to convince you). Once you are with them the problem starts. limited customer support on limited hours. They are resellers so they can't help with your electricity supply. Their payment is monthly with short due dates. failing to pay on time or slight wrong payment will void your "discounts" resulting in extra fee for the month (like 30%) and an extra $14 late payment fee. Also you owe them a final meter reading fee if you are renter.

Dyan
DyanSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Easy to contact and approachable team

One drop out when the many suburbs lost power to a major junction being struck.

Connecting was effortless, the team are friendly, helpful and work efficiently.very happy with the customer service team.

MaryBeth
MaryBeth

Excellent customer service

Sign up process was simple, and when I needed to cancel my service (moved interstate) the disconnection was just as simple. No off shore customer service & little to no wait time to reach a customer service officer.

Was contacted after cancellation to advise of a credit remaining on my account - not many honest companies like this left! Big shoutout to Julie who assisted me in submitting a refund request & was an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Sue McKendrick
Sue McKendrickSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Exceptional service

Extremely happy with LPE since the get go. Our unit complex transitioned to bulk supply a couple of years ago. We were kept informed at all times during the transition stage and staff were excellent in answering queries. I didn’t know what to expect as this concept was new to me at the time. So glad I agreed and signed up. We’ve noticed a huge reduction in the cost of combined power and gas hot water, and there’s never been any ‘surprises’. I’ve recommended LPE to my daughter who lives in a townhouse setting as I believe she and her partner (and others) will benefit if they too made the shift to LPE. Can’t speak highly enough of the staff, especially Shelley whom I recently dealt with.

Buddy
Buddy

Smells bad

I received a bill from LPE and we are receiving phone call requesting payment but we are not one of their customers, I called the number on the so called bill and it goes to messages.

Bill Anderson
Bill Anderson

Worst Energy Supplier Ever - Very Expensive

So i live in an apartment where i was using Red energy prior for a 1 person studio apartment. My quarterly bill was $310.

Then, we were made to switch to Locality Planning Energy and i started getting a monthly bill of $160. Thats $480 quarterly. A major increase in my bill and i am not even home most days of the month as i travel interstate for work.

i complained several time but nothing was done.

Dodgy Company, DO NOT move your electricity with them

Millie G
Millie GAU

Great Prices and Local Customer Service

We use LPE as our electricity supplier. The process to sign up was very easy and we didn't even have to contact our old supplier. Our power is reliable and whenever I have called their customer service team, (who are based in Australia) they have been able to resolve everything easily and quickly. So refreshing to speak with an Australian and not have to deal with a communication barrier. We are paying a very competitive rate for our electricity and I always recommend them to family and friends.

Peppa
PeppaSunshine Coast3 posts

No Offshore Customer Service - PERFECT!

We saw the advertisement on TV and decided to give them a call - we were so impressed with the Customer Service and the fact that the company was Australian owned and supported Aussie Communities - but what really sold us was the Customer Service, it is local and not offshore - we love the fact that we can speak to an Australian! The pricing was awesome, very competitive and the way they explained everything to me was easy to understand - so pleased we made the change!

Lisa
Lisa

Alex
Alex

By far the worst electricity provider

By far the worst electricity provider, no after hours customer service line, switched off the power without providing notice, the response from that was “we will get someone to contact you in the morning”. Do not go with this company.

Locality Planning Energy   DM

Hello Alex - we were of the understanding that this issue had been resolved?? We have also left messages for a follow up - if you feel this is still unresolved, please call LPE and ask for Julie on 1800 040 168.

Mr Army
Mr ArmySouth East Queensland, QLD32 posts

Meter read are inconsistent and random days

I am sick of this company slowly increasing my bills each month, only two people live in the unit and majority of things are switched off at the power point or unplugged.

They completely stuffed up the first bill by over $350 which then they rectified right before the due date. (how does this happen?).

They randomly check the meter at different days of the month, so one bill can say 30 days the other 27 days or 40 days, seriously sort your mess out and have a proper time frame, getting sick of this inconsistencies and inaccuracies of readings costing everyone a fortune.

Never again going with body corporate agreements.

Samantha
Samantha

Rebecca78
Rebecca78Sunshine Coast

Brisbane Bound
Brisbane Bound

Not very helpful

Me and my partner have just moved into an apartment where we could not use our own provider. Fair enough it was in our contract. 1st bill was $53, 2nd bill$27, 3rd bill $79 we do not have internet. Do not cook at home. Don't use air con. Have emailed continuously to ask what their peak and off peak times are. As we are trying to save. Response was it is on top of your bill. Check you latest bill. Go to our website Unable to get a straight answer. Wonder what next bill will be.

David
DavidGold Coast

Weekly Harassment Notes

After speaking to their customer service team, I’ve decided to stay with my existing service provider as I believe that LPE can’t provide me the care and attention that I deserve as a paying customer.

For starters, on a weekly basis they leave notes under my door advising me of my options. Thanks for that, I got the understanding the first time, no need to waste paper.

Yesterday I came home from work and slipped on the piece of paper that their rep had left me. Injuring myself in the process.

Their customer service team isn’t open after hours so it’s not like I can contact them anytime I have a problem.

Locality Planning Energy   DM

Hello David, One of our experienced representatives would love to assist you with your enquiries, so please either info@localityenergy.com.au or call our team on 1800 040 168. Warm regards, Julie.

Deb
DebSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

VERY SURPRISED

My Husband and I moved into a unit unit complex that was going through the process of being changed to LPE. I was a little unhappy that I couldn't choose my provider however I am so glad now that we are being supplied and billed by them. I pay half the daily supply rate that other Retailers offer and cheaper electricity. Once my Husband gets his next posting I will be definitely looking for a complex that has Locality electricity. I highly recommend this Retailer.

BrissieMum
BrissieMumBrisbane2 posts

Too expensive, AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Moved to an apartment complex that has LPE as the only energy provider. No choice but to pay very expensive electricity and hot water consumption for the entire year. My friend who uses a different provider is paying 700 for a quarter, heater/aircon in full blast every day, electricity is on the entire day, family of 6 adults and 1 baby. I received our first bill and was charged 230/40days for 2 adults and a baby, never used a heater/aircon and very prudent in using electricity and hot water. Ridiculous! They are cheating customers! If moving to a strata, check if LPE is the provider, if it is, consider other options not unless you don't mind paying gold.

Evan D
Evan DGold Coast

Very frustrating - we are locked into paying huge costs

We currently reside in a new apartment building which has assigned Locality as the only energy supplier. Our bills are huge- what I used to pay with Click Energy in a quarter, I now pay per month. It is very stressful as we have no option to change providers. We called to discuss our concerns but the customer service agent was very unhelpful.

Duncan
Duncan2 posts

Excellent solution for apartments

I think LPE is an excellent solution for apartment blocks with money saved by each resident and the body corporate as a whole. Would definitely recommend them to anyone I know living in a shared apartment building.

R K
R K2 posts

Their costs are EXTORTIONATE! Never use them!!!

Our body corporate recently changed electricity providers to LPE and everyone I know in the building is complaining that their bill has tripled in cost (this is not just to the normal increase to energy costs either).

LPE charge a whole heap of additional (and extortionate) fees that our old provider either didn’t charge for or charged way less quarterly (not monthly like LPE).

For a couple who spend all day at work with no electrics on in their small apartment, our bill is the same as my colleague who has a large home, children, multiple tvs, fridges and air conditioning.

This company's pricing disgusts me and I can’t wait until our lease is up so we can move and not have to deal with LPE ever again.

Dave C
Dave CAU23 posts
Locality Planning Energy   DM

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now