• Rates and Fees

Worst Customer Service Ever

Worst customer service I've ever experienced. Staff are rude (especially their thick-headed reception).
Staff are extremely unorganised and unprofessional not to mention they will lie to you just to place blame on anyone else instead of taking responsibility for their actions.. Overpriced scam

Hayden B.
Hayden B.

Mate contacting your "customer service" is what led to this review.

John Smith

John SmithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting Energy provider

If i could get rid of these lot i would, but they are commissioned to the apartments i live at. Despite a world pandemic occurring at the moment, they still threaten to turn my power off because i am a couple of weeks late. The rest of the world are understanding, why are you any different? Disgusting

Kathryn

KathrynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Salesperson was forceful and dishonest.

Declined switching several times but they wouldn’t leave me alone. Kept coming into my work even after asking them to stop. Gave in on 5th contact. Was explicitly told my daily supply charge would be cheaper (as I use barely any electricity anyway, 90% of my bills are just the daily supply charge) - this was untrue, just checked the bill and I’m paying an extra 12c per day! Cannot get into contact with them as I work during their opening hours (maybe have a weekend or after hours phone line?). Asked to be billed monthly like my old, much better company, but still receiving quarterly. The two young girls who harassed and lied to me have left a very sour taste in my mouth. Switched back to AGL today, good riddance.

unhappy

unhappySouth East Queensland, QLD

cheap electricity your having a laugh

$220 for 39 days of electricity was better off with energy Australia but where im living in robina gold coast we are not allowed another supplier so they have got me by the bollocks

Sharee74

Sharee74South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service

Poor communication - we did not receive a notification that we should have when we signed up. A few days later when I still hadn't received anything, I called them to be told that the welcome pack should have been sent to me but hadn't for some reason.
Then when I submitted a move out form, still no communication. Turns out that they never received it even though I had definitely submitted it. So now we will continue to be charged until somebody goes out to the property to read the meter, including daily charges beyond the date we required the service.
This company is obviously either really good or really bad with their customer service. Unfortunately we received the really bad end of the deal.

Rix

RixSouth East Queensland, QLD

Invoices are misleading, GST is not displayed right

GST is displayed at 20% instead of 10%,
1st invoice was displayed correctly and the following 2 have changed.
Staff say if you add it up manually its correct.

What they are doing is misleading.

Janelle

JanelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor experience with saleswoman.

I may have considered this as an option. Even though I am happy with my current supplier for my business. I support local businesses whenever possible. But, the experience with the sales woman today has put me off totally! Her approach was very unprofessional and quite rude.
Maybe a good idea to have more training for your sales reps.

ServicesElectricity

Overcharged electricity

If you were able to cancel the incorrect bill (which we have absolutely no idea why it was sooo much or how you came to that amount) you should have also performed a refund of the withdrawn funds. I am a pensioner and have to budget. You have taken out nearly a years worth of electricity bills in one go. Not very impressed with your companies lack of consideration for pensioners.
Nowhere on my latest bill does it say that you have overcharged me.

Not a very happy customer, who is considering leaving because of this debacle .

ServicesElectricity
gmgm

gmgm

Terrible and over priced

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment and my bill was 200 A MONTH. The following monthly it was 160 and i was travelling for half the month.

So overpriced!

DO NOT LISTEN TO REAL ESTATES WHEN THEY SUGGEST THIS COMPANY

Newly built little townhouses in sunshine coast, was recommended this supplier from our real estates and then lied to saying that this is the only supplied in the area - WRONG. We were charged over $200 for a MONTH for a small townhouse. We were also lied to by the supplier when we asked if they charged an initial fee to set up the electricity, another lie - they charge a $25 connection fee. The day was received our first bill was the same say we changed electricity suppliers. No discounts are provided, not a very competitive supplier from what we can see.

The enigma

The enigma

No customer or after hours service and expensive

If you're considering using this company, think again.
The company communication is non existent which explains why their staff have less customer service than a stop sign.

They have been dismissive and dishonest to save a few bucks and cover thier mistakes on my account.

If your strata or body corporate decides to use this company, you will no longer have the power of choice and are stuck with them. How can that possibly get you the best deal.

Edit: it has been a few months now and they are no cheaper than my previous supplier, don't send bills but send harassing reminders and have a few hidden fees I'm still trying to decipher.

BBBrisbaneQLD, 4101

It is a trap! never sign up.

Their marking strategy is to get building manager make everyone sign-up. (not sure what they give them, but they run around trying to convince you). Once you are with them the problem starts. limited customer support on limited hours. They are resellers so they can't help with your electricity supply. Their payment is monthly with short due dates. failing to pay on time or slight wrong payment will void your "discounts" resulting in extra fee for the month (like 30%) and an extra $14 late payment fee. Also you owe them a final meter reading fee if you are renter.

Smells bad

I received a bill from LPE and we are receiving phone call requesting payment but we are not one of their customers, I called the number on the so called bill and it goes to messages.

Worst Energy Supplier Ever - Very Expensive

So i live in an apartment where i was using Red energy prior for a 1 person studio apartment. My quarterly bill was $310.

Then, we were made to switch to Locality Planning Energy and i started getting a monthly bill of $160. Thats $480 quarterly. A major increase in my bill and i am not even home most days of the month as i travel interstate for work.

i complained several time but nothing was done.

Dodgy Company, DO NOT move your electricity with them

LPELocality Planning Energy

Worst service provider I have ever used!

Find out how Locality Planning Energy compares to other Energy Providers

By far the worst electricity provider

By far the worst electricity provider, no after hours customer service line, switched off the power without providing notice, the response from that was “we will get someone to contact you in the morning”. Do not go with this company.

LPELocality Planning Energy

Hello Alex - we were of the understanding that this issue had been resolved?? We have also left messages for a follow up - if you feel this is still unresolved, please call LPE and ask for Julie on 1800 040 168.

Mr ArmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Meter read are inconsistent and random days

I am sick of this company slowly increasing my bills each month, only two people live in the unit and majority of things are switched off at the power point or unplugged.
They completely stuffed up the first bill by over $350 which then they rectified right before the due date. (how does this happen?).

They randomly check the meter at different days of the month, so one bill can say 30 days the other 27 days or 40 days, seriously sort your mess out and have a proper time frame, getting sick of this inconsistencies and inaccuracies of readings costing everyone a fortune.

Never again going with body corporate agreements.

Mr Army

Unfortunately you guys told me to get an electrician to rectify the issue. The bloody unit is brand new. I'm sure you know exactly what the issue is but this is part of a strategy by LPE to discourage customers chasing the issue. Disgusting.

LPE isn't worth it

Not very helpful

Me and my partner have just moved into an apartment where we could not use our own provider. Fair enough it was in our contract. 1st bill was $53, 2nd bill$27, 3rd bill $79 we do not have internet. Do not cook at home. Don't use air con. Have emailed continuously to ask what their peak and off peak times are. As we are trying to save. Response was it is on top of your bill. Check you latest bill. Go to our website Unable to get a straight answer. Wonder what next bill will be.

David

DavidGold Coast

Weekly Harassment Notes

After speaking to their customer service team, I’ve decided to stay with my existing service provider as I believe that LPE can’t provide me the care and attention that I deserve as a paying customer.
For starters, on a weekly basis they leave notes under my door advising me of my options. Thanks for that, I got the understanding the first time, no need to waste paper.
Yesterday I came home from work and slipped on the piece of paper that their rep had left me. Injuring myself in the process.
Their customer service team isn’t open after hours so it’s not like I can contact them anytime I have a problem.

Hello David,
One of our experienced representatives would love to assist you with your enquiries, so please either info@localityenergy.com.au or call our team on 1800 040 168. Warm regards, Julie.

See all Locality Planning Energy reviews

Lagunagirl

Lagunagirlasked

My Body Corporate is considering signing with LPE for electricity from solar panels they will install on our roof. I'm finding it hard to speak to anyone who has this system installed and before we go ahead I'd like to have feedback on whether people are happy with this system.

LPELocality Planning Energy

Hi, please call our office on 1800 040168. We can put you in touch with our strata manager who has a list of installs we have completed. He is happy to put you in touch with some of these who can provide some feedback, Kind Regards Shelley

David S.

David S.asked

What is the current rate for power

LPELocality Planning Energy

Hi David, the rates depend on whether you are living in a complex where we have installed an embedded network, or whether you are looking for standard home/business electricity. Please call our customer service team on 1800 040 168 and provide your address where we will be able to provide you with the correct rates. Kind Regards Shelley

Anthony
Anthony

Jump onto compare the market website Daivd. You will get advice on the best rates there.

Julie Trindall

Julie Trindallasked

Our unit block is about to sign up with LPE - how can we be sure we are getting what the salesmen have promised - om paper it looks good. I am a pensioner living in Fortitude Valley and would like to discuss other people's experience with LPE. Is there some way I can have a face-to-face meeting with you?

LPELocality Planning Energy

Hi Julie - thank you for your question. We'd be happy to help you with any concerns you may have, and organise a team member to give you a call or arrange a meeting with you. If you'd like to email your contact details through to info@localityenergy.com.au so we can contact you directly or alternatively, you may wish to call our Customer Service Team on 1800 040 168. Thank Julie.

BBBrisbane

The problem is what the salesman is not telling you. They give kickbacks to building managers. This comes from overcharges to tenants.

See all Locality Planning Energy questions