Logitech Harmony 350

Logitech Harmony 350

Works well for the duration of the guarantee period.

I have had two of these remote controls, and I control four devices with them. Unfortunately, after about a year the buttons which are used most require more and more pressure to work, until they finally fail. I have tried cleaning the contacts, painting them with conductive ink etc., but these remedies only last a short time.

Hard work

As mentioned by many other reviewers, the battery cover is HARD to remove to insert the batteries in. The instruction sheet is minimalist and did not help me consolidate my 4 remotes into Harmony 350. Some buttons did not work and Logitech's website did not give complete solution. Luckily I found a youtube clip which concisely went through step by step the process to attach a function to a button in the Harmony 350. It is a good product technically but it looks like they have not paid too much attention to make it user friendly.

I am really enjoying my remote and it's doing everything I want!

I bought this because it was on sale for $17 and the only one in the store. After reading these reviews I didn't have high hopes, but I am pleasantly surprised! It only took me under 20 minutes to fully set up and it has been working perfectly for my TV and DVD player that I have set it up for. Absolutely no issues with its functions thus far and it is very sturdy. I read the reviews on other sites after purchasing and they are much more positive than this page's reviews, so don't be put off.

I docked a single star for the battery unit. It is quite tricky to come off as the way they made it makes it quite stuck with no "springy thing" usually found on battery covers. I gave up after a minute or two and my brother had a go, after about 30 seconds of fiddling with it he got it off (well, it flew across the room!) and that is my only criticism.

I am very pleased with it.

Just wanted to add that it's been 3 months and I am still very happy! Still functions as meant to and I now have the hang of the battery cover and can easily remove it.

just a replacement remote - not a 'real' harmony

A little deceptive this one:

1. yes it supports 8 devices but unlike every other harmony remote I've ever used, this only has one activity, called 'TV' and it doesn't let you program any input (like HDMI) to use anything else if you wanted an alternative.

2. Backlit keys ? only the 4 device buttons light up (double press each button to get another 4) so even as a replacement remote it isn't much good for night use.

I'm glad I only paid half price for this; it certainly isn't worth the $50 (JB HiFi) price tag.

For $24 (clearance at Woolworths) it is a reasonable universal\replacement remote.

(Prices current at time of review).

I would not recommend it for accessing anything else but a TV.

Logitech Harmony 350 is a dud

The website for the remote allows you to check if it is compatible for your device. Problem is it doesn't say you'll need to source the codes from the company that made the old remote. Or that you need your old remote to make the replacement work by syncing it to the LG remote. If my old remote was working I wouldn't need a replacement.

So i have a remote the cannot delete recordings from the HDD, has no information for the guide etc. I can turn the player off and on, change channel, turn the volume up and down it can record programs and watch them but I cannot delete them.

I also can't assign a command to a button, when I contact Logitech they refer me back to LG to get codes which LG will not release. Logitech therefore know their product is not compatible. Do not buy this item as it does not replace all the features on the remote your replacing.

1 month out of warranty and it stops working

There is nothing more annoying than having a product last for just a liitle bit over its warrant period. This product lasted just under 13 months of a 12 month warranty.

Its a remote. It doesn't need to do much so there isn't really much of a reason for this not to last over 3 years. Especially considering the extra price.

While it worked it was adequate. It probably could have used a couple of extra buttons because I ran out for my dvr.

Buy a different brand that will last a bit longer

Great Stuff!

I bought this remote for my parents whose Kogan TV remote broke and they resorted to manual efforts in order to change the channels, etc. I made it my mission to ease their inconvenience and went on a quest to find a suitable replacement.

Kogan had some remotes but were a bit expensive, and I actually bought a couple of cheap eBay Chinese models which didn’t last long. So I was keen to try Logitech as I heard good stuff about their remotes and I hadn’t bought anything else from them other than PC peripherals.

I needed a remote ASAP and couldn’t wait a week. So I went onto some comparison sites and compared entry level remotes and found that they averaged around $45 even with online stores, so I settled with Good Guys down the road and grabbed one for $40.

The set up was straightforward, connect the remote with the usb cable provided- it’s a micro usb- who has these, these days? They should update their stock to micro usb since most devices uses them. Anyway once I downloaded the software it was easy to link the remote and search for the model of the device I wanted to control. I set up the Telstra TV unit, Soundbar and the TV- bliss. Very convenient to use them all on one remote.
My only gripe is that, it’s okay for the likes of me being tech-savvy but it were my folks they would’ve struggled since they wouldn’t usually have access to a laptop let alone the internet. I know there’s an option to learn from another remote, but the whole idea is to replace the previous remote.

Anyways I’m happy with its performance, hasn’t let me down. Does it good and then some.

Harmony 350 Is pretty bad

If all you want to do is turn off and on, change channels and turn volume up and down, this is a good choice.
If you need to do anything more - in particular, if you need to assign a command to a key - this device is practically useless.

Works well for us.

I bought one of these remotes half price from Dick Smith as they are going out of business. Hadn't really done any research on it.

Like one reviewer said - the battery case was difficult to remove but I got it off with a bit of a struggle.

The remote is relatively easy to setup - once plugged into a computer you can select the model of each of the devices you want it to control. It is a little bit more tricky to program individual functions to the remote buttons but I was able to program most functions I would normally use on individual remote controls (eg. tv, sound system, DVD-R).

So far (after a week) I haven't really had to use the individual remotes & haven't had any problems with using the universal remote (except remembering which button is assigned to which function).

Easy To Program but, but, but ......

I recently bought a Logitech Harmony 350 universal remote control after my original remote clapped out, and found it was very easy to use. You just plug a USB (comes with the remote) into your computer and it does it for you.......but, but, but, getting the battery cover off is a nightmare. I took my first one back after speaking to Logitech (even the shop assistant couldn't get it open) and it was replaced. I then bought another and the shop assistant put the batteries in then and there. We tried to reopen it and couldn't, the battery cover would not budge, there is no give.

It is an excellent remote but the battery replacement issue is the reason for the 2 stars. Next time I have to replace the batteries I will probably have to wreck the remote to get the battery cover open.

Easy to program and great features

Dont bother with remotes that require putting in codes and all the stuffing around related to that. This remote you simply plug it in the computer and put in model numbers of your devices and your off! You can customise the top left hand button to turn on/off multiple devices at the push of one button. This worked well for me as I have my home theatre on while I watch tv. Also you can individually set the volume button to default on the home theatre system which is awesome. I dont need all the bells and whistles like an lcd on my remote. It would only chew through the batteries. I am very happy with this product.

Terrible

Seems that Harmony remote control 350 has alot of trouble syncing..Have been on the phone to support and still not working.They said to ring back Monday as they will be shut over the weekend and that their server communication is down to try it again in 24hrs ! Still not working waste of money

Only one macro

I had the impression from reading the description that you could program up to 5 macros (press one button and remote does multiple things at once), however you can only program one. And that one always turns TV off if already on which is annoying. I would've liked this to be clearer on the product packaging and website

Otherwise software worked well and was able to find all my devices. Will be upgraded to a better model

can you fast forward and reverse recorded shows on the dvd with the harmony 350?
yesYes can fast forward. Dont know what reverse record means never heard of itthanks Samoan Kiwi and Robin for taking the time to answer. Because of your input I bought the Harmony 350 and it is doing exactly what I wanted it for. I meant to say that once I had recorded a show on the recorder and was watching it, could I use the 350 to go back and see something again. The 350 does this without any problems, dd

Is it worth the extra bucks to get the Logitech 650 over the 350? All I need the remote for would be to control the Direct TV with a Samsung TV, sound bar and compatible subwoofer.
I have the basic Harmony 350 and it works well. I only have the TV and DVD connected to it. I very rarely use the DVD player, instead I put my movies on a USB and plug them into the HDMI slot at the back of the TV. My computer and stereo are separate and not connected to the remote. . You can control up to eight separate devices with the remote....TV/Media, Cable/PC, AVR/Game, DVD/Music. It is also very easy to set-up. It comes with a USB cord, and once connected to your computer, you just follow the on screen instructions. It asks the name of your TV, and tunes the remote to suit your TV. I have an LG. The Harmony 350 includes five favourites buttons, that can be set to things like particular channels of choice, but can’t handle macros. The only fault I found with it is the battery cover....I just can't get it open, there is no give. Other than that, it is a very good remote.

Harmony 350