Logitech UE BOOM 2

Logitech UE BOOM 2 (page 2 of 3)

MPN: 3014593

Great

Great speaker. I use it with an aux cord as I find it quicker than blue tooth connection.

Not sure if it's waterproof yet and don't want to find out.

Good bass response, and nice full sound. Although a little pricey for what it is I would buy it again

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Amazing!

The sound from this small little speaker is unbelievable! The battery is great too so can pretty much bring it anywhere, can also remove the lead from the charger plug to charge in a car charger if needed on the go. The slim design is perfect and looks great on a shelf and the range of colours are great.

Brilliant speaker

With so many Bluetooth speakers on the market nowadays it's quite confusing which one to finally select. I love the Boom 2 so much that I bought a second one. The build quality is tough and solid and being waterproof makes it even more robust. It's good-looking and comes in various colours. They're very quick to connect to your device and come with a 3.5mm auxiliary jack which allows you to connect to non Bluetooth devices. I connect mine to my portable DVD player and it sounds amazing. Sound quality is good and loud and with two of them connected you get true stereo sound. Brilliant all round!

OMG ! It's so good !!

Small and practical design great for taking anywhere really and still super cute. I always just pop it in my bag incase I'll need. Sound quality is amazing. I'm really considering buying another one since I recently found out you can connect to multiple speakers. Overall like such a great product I'm super happy with it ! :)

Have two of them.

Got one of these with my new phone plan then I decided I wanted another one after seeing you can use multiple at once, for small speakers they go loud. After a month or so I decided to add the Megaboom to the mix. these things are awesome. Would highly recommend if you are going to have a get together at christmas as you can place them in random spots and just have music playing.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I use this instead of my stereo

I received this for Christmas last year and I'm very happy with it. The sound is amazing and it's great to be able to take wherever I want. I play music from my phone or tablet and it's super easy. My grandchildren love it and play it all the time. The other option was Bose but we went for the Logitech instead. I'll be very happy if it lasts me for a few years.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Good product while it lasted - which wasn't long

I bought two of these units, as the option to use them as wireless stereo speakers is pretty cool.
I've mostly just used them around the house, and occasionally in the garden for a party.
They both worked well initially, and I was happy with them while they worked.
However, one inexplicably died just a few months after the one-year warranty expired, and the other died a couple of months after that. I took them back to JB HiFi, but was told that's their expected life span.
I expect more than that from a speaker, and am pretty disappointed in the poor life span of such an expensive product.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Yeah Good Stuff

I'm a little un-tech savvy, so I wouldn't usually touch something like this except my housemate had one and I could see it had great sound and long battery life and it was obviously not killable. Now that I've got one, friends have brought them and one had a dog chew hers to bits and it still works fine, even without casing (waterproofing might be an issue though). My only criticism would be that it's shaped like a beer, so if it's sitting near a beer, well you know...

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Absolutely Loved This.... Until

Mine went in the salt water about a year into owning it. Since then it hasn't work properly. Before that I thought it was the greatest invention on the planet. Still 4 stars because it sort of still works. Still within warranty but it plays up inconsistently so I can't take it back.

Edit: Completely take this back. I have taken it back under warranty and they have replaced it no questions asked. New unit is working like a dream!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Waterproof, long lasting battery, great sound

Had them for a few months now, no signs of wear or tear and the build quality is excellent. I have taken them into shower, swimming pools and never had an issue, waterproof is excellent. Sound quality is great and its quite loud. They've improved most of the design flaws from the 1st gen.

I take them with me when I travel or outside and if I am not travelling I pair it with my laptop and use it as my PC speaker. I also use them to listen to podcasts/music when I shower. I try to use them whenever I can, a great buy.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Outstanding Sound and Fantastic Design!

Bought the All Blacks Limited Edition 2nd Hand. Honestly, I haven't heard many Bluetooth speakers like these, which have both sound and looks crammed into one compact device. The features are pretty simple, along with it's gestures controls and buttons. The application works smoothly without any hiccups. However, the best feature by far on this speaker would definitely be the 360 Surround Sound and the actual quality of the sound. The speaker can reach a very high volume which will definitely be able to satisfy most consumers needs. Definitely have to recommend this one.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Beautifully designed and incredibly useful

It's nice to have an electronic product which is intelligently designed and well constructed -- this definitely fits in to both categories. Overall, the construction is very sturdy. An example being the on/off and volume buttons which are nice to touch and give good feedback when pressed. The device has a good weight to it and seems like it can be safely put high up on a shelf while in use, as it's stable standing upright or on its side. Despite it being mostly cylindrical it doesn't roll too much due to the rubber material on one edge.
The battery life seems surprisingly good for casual use - we charge ours every 1-2 months based on generally a few hours of podcast listening every weekend while cooking / ironing / gardening.
The sound quality is great for the size of the device and it's easy to start listening via the phone speaker and turn the device on to have it seamlessly take over once the phone's bluetooth connects (1-2 seconds).
One small improvement which could be made is the ability to have multiple devices connect in to the Boom simultaneously -- this saves about 2 finger taps on a phone or tablet to reconnect, however it would be quite useful when there are multiple family members sharing the same Boom in a common area of the house.
The USB charging socket also does take some getting used to in the sense of being quite narrow. It is a standard USB micro socket, although whilst the included USB cable and plug fit perfectly, other USB cables lying around the house tend to need to be jiggled before they can be plugged in to the device.
Overall a fantastic unit with great design and performance!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Good sound

Sorry this is for the jbl Go speaker

Bought on special at JB for $40 had been on sale for $75. First one lasted two weeks before not turning onor charging but JB swoppe dit over no problems (eep those receipts).
Sound is good,connects to pc and easily connects to phone via bluetooth. I would recommend it as a small portable unit

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Amazing sound quality and great battery life

The UE boom 2 has amazing sound quality and great battery life. Build quality is the best I've seen and being waterproof is a great feature . you can also link multiple speakers to get surround sound or when 1 speaker is just not enough.

Would Definitely recommend to anyone looking for the best value for money for a Bluetooth speaker.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Company will not honor voucher from 2016

I purchased a Logitech UE Boom 2 last Xmas from Harvey Norman Corio, Geelong. After some research decided on the UE Boom 2 for my partners Xmas present as it came with a voucher for two free album downloads and two Dominoes pizza,s. I presented the receipt and voucher online in early Jan and spent considerable time with emails and telephone calls to Logitech in an attempt to get the company to honor the voucher attached to the purchase, Dec 2016. It became apparent that Logitech has appalling customer service and communication between Tech Support and Marketing , it seems to not exist. The voucher is still NOT honored although many emails and telephone between parties have taken place. I suggest that customers should be wary of their promotions. After contacting Harvey Norman yesterday 28/3, the store is willing to honor the album download in good faith but the store is not responsible for the voucher promotion. Thank you Harvey Norman. Logitech continue to offer vouchers for IPod speakers, a seriously poor marketing ploy. Customers beware...

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Keeps the teenagers happy!

I bought this UE Boom 2 for my daughter She loves it and so do her friends. If you don't like loud music thumping through your house this is not for you. Its loud, its clear and has the ability to shake the house and annoy the neighbours. She has taken it to the beach every day this summer and has copped a pounding. Love that it fits in her gym bag, is so durable with great sound quality and all for a reasonable price. Well worth it.

Best in all respects.

I purchased my UE Boom ll it's proved to be excellent getting daily use reproducing top quality sound for my family's broad taste in music from classical, jazz, folk, hard rock across the spectrum great battery life and it's waterproofing has proved itself by being left out in heavy rain without any damage and my teenagers often rig it in a stereo tandem with their friends boom box ll for even better quality sound. This device truly out guns many of its competitors in all respects. Excellent sound quality and fabulous value for money. Very happy.

UE Boom - great sound!

I bought the UE Boom at Costco for $169 which was sale price.
Fantastic sound and easy to operate.

I found though that it wasn't charging when I plugged it in. It would remain at 50%. I emailed Customer Service and they helped me trouble shoot. Nothing worked. I then decided to try replacing the connector with the one from my iphone charger. It worked which meant the one that came with the speaker was not.

It's been since 31st Dec 16 that I have been emailing back and forth with their Customer Service. I find their responses very automated which means there is miscommunication which creates further emails. I have now been passed to department number 3 and was told response would take up to 2 business days which was last Wednesday.

When and if this gets sorted will post update.

In summary -
The speaker = awesome!
The Customer Service - not so hot. Don't expect quick results

Great Bluetooth Speaker

I really love this speaker over the competitors. Here is a list of the pros and cons I could find:

Pros:
- Waterproof seal is excellent. I've tested it plenty.
- The iOS integration is among the best I've seen for any third-party product.
- The design feels solid.
- I've had no connectivity issues.
- It handles bass better than most.
- Plenty of battery life for a moderate user.

Cons:
- The charging port is a pain sometimes. It feels as though this will be the weakest link for longevity.
- If you don't get it on special, it's expensive compared to the JBL series, particularly if you don't need waterproofing.
- Even for a wireless speaker, the sound from it noticeably lacks detail and clarity. I got accustomed quickly.

Conclusion: I would buy this speaker again for the price I got it. However, if I couldn't find it cheaper and had to pay a premium of a couple of hundred dollars over a JBL Flip or similar, I would probably go with the flip. Particularly, if you don't need waterproofing.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Good speaker but short battery life for regular use.

I bought the UE Boom 2 and used it most days of the week for a couple of hours each day. Worked very well, was very happy with with it, however after 6 months the battery life started to decrease noticeably, and then after 8 months it completely died. I could not replace under warranty because I bought online from a store in another country, so be aware of Ultimate Ears limitations on warranty. I now have a very expensive paper weight :(

Date PurchasedFeb 2016