Logitech UE Megaboom 3

Logitech UE Megaboom 3

MPNs: 4271240, 4271242, 984-001414 and 8 more

Mash

MashNew South Wales

Would be great if it weren’t for the constant battery issues

It keeps getting permanently stuck on ‘critical battery please charge’.

I can leave it charging overnight and it stays the same.

A factory reset does fix the problem but then eventually the issue comes back.

Only last for the warranty period

The speaker was good. Problem being it died two months out of warranty. No help at all from manufacturer and after a few web searches this appears to e a very common problem. product may be worth the $1 logitech pay the sweatshop that make it but at close to $300 I expect better.
If your thinking of buying this product DON"T.

Purchased in December 2018 for $289.00.

Lost S.

Lost S.Sydney, NSW

Does not connect to my Spotify or multiple devices.

The sound is alright, but I'm having issues with it saving my party tracks on Spotify so I can use the magic touch feature. I've tried on iOS and Android.

Also the specs say it can have 2 concurrent Bluetooth connections however this is a lie. When I try and connect another device the first one drops out. Devices tested are s9+, s10e, ipad air 2, galaxy tab a

Purchased in July 2020.

Ashley M.

Ashley M.Victoria

Good speaker, good sound

The speaker produces a clear sound with acceptable bass levels. The battery could be better and doesn't like to play while charging if below 20%. The waterproof feature will be handy.

Purchased in April 2020 at Catch for $146.00.

Buttsy M

Buttsy MPerth, WA

UE Megaboom 3 speakers

Brought 2 of these so i could pair them but found this to be impossible to do and i have tried a million ways,if i could give these rubbish speakers less than 1 star i would.... absolute rubbish product from Logitech never buy Logitech crap

Purchased in June 2020 at Amazon for $500.00.

Glen

Glen

No longer able to charge...common problem

I bought this a couple of years ago. Did a ton of research and bought this over the JBL...now wish I hadn't. All of a sudden it doesn't want to charge and when you get on the net, it seems this is a common problem. There are several work arounds for the problem... all of which I have tried several times, including firmware upgrade, holding down volume up button and power simultaneously, placing in fridge for a few hours (really???). Logitech's answer is to plug and unplug up to 30 times (30 times!!) to rectify the problem, one which they are obviously aware of and choose to not fix. This is not a cheap piece of gear and I expected better - never again Logitech/ UE Boom - JBL or Bose for me next time.

Purchased at Officeworks Physical store for $249.00.

Bry W.

Bry W.South East Queensland, QLD

It’s not the best but okay

I bought this speaker a couple months ago expecting it so have good sound quality and decent bass the price I think is a bit expensive you’d think by paying that much it would be good , I think it could be bigger there’s not much changes only a smaller charging cable and a nicer appearance, I sold it yesterday and bought a new Jbl xtreme 2 for only $50 more and it’s worth it sorry UE until you start producing better sound quality and a bigger design for the price you’re asking for I won’t be a customer anymore .

Purchased in February 2020 at Officeworks for $297.00.

JayM

JayMCanberra

Great looking, portability and sound from such a compact package

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

DO NOT BUY

Do not buy this brand.
Proof of purchase provided but warranty would not be paid.
Issue was where you plug the charger in came loose and wouldnt charge.
Took me about 3hrs to get the info and back and forward.
Dont buy, they are just an absolute scam and a bunch of ......... 's
Buy another brand.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for $398.00.

Pricey51Sydney, NSW

Great Sound

My Bose Bluetooth Speaker finally died,time for a replacement.

I have always used Bose so it was a leap of faith to choose this brand so far I haven't been disappointed. Set up took a bit of time as the speaker can be controlled by an app on your smartphone or tablet, this was my fault as I tried the connection without reading the instructions. One connection was eastablised it was easy , what I like is you can preselect 4 song groups from my Spotify account.

As far as the sound is concerned Ita great, I like it a bit heavy on the base and there are equalisers in the app to adjust to your taste.

I only purchased this today so far so good.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $173.00.

Jodi

JodiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tough with great loud sound!

Waterproof, dustproof, loud and great battery life. The app is a great benefit too. Like a remote.
Only hard one problem, was saying please charge and was charging but would not turn on, insisting it needed charge. I googled and the cure was holding power button and volume up button on for 5 secs. It was fine after that. My niece has it now and its a great speaker for teens as they can be rough on things. They adore music too so its important they have a good speaker they can angsty blast.

Purchased in February 2018 at Officeworks for $270.00.

Abha

AbhaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exceptional Product

Logitech UE Megaboom 3 speakers are one of the best speakers I have. As I am a big fan of music, the clarity of the voice and the quality of the product is highly exceptional. This is a low maintenance product and can be a wonderful gift for any music lover.

Purchased in January 2019 at eBay for $204.00.

Ed M

Ed MSydney, NSW

Latest update causes battery drain even when turned off

The ability to disable Remote ON/OFF has been removed, so now the Bluetooth is constantly ON even when the unit is turned OFF, which causes battery drain over time. Its causing about 10-15% battery drain per week.

So when you do need to use it, chances are the battery charge left is much less than the 20 hours they advertise about.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $200.00.

MNG

MNGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Your portable sound machine

I was looking for a portable blue tooth speaker that allows me to not only plays my favourite tunes but able to punch out music that you can dance to. In particular, I wanted rich bass as well as higher pitch clarity and I found this in the Ultimate ears Megaboom 3. It is light, portable with approximately 15 hours playback (when fully charged) and is even waterproof. The blue tooth connectivity was a breeze with my smart phone. Just down load the UE app and sync your devices and boom you are ready to rock. How good is that?
I got mine at Harvey Norman during the EOFY sale and had a great deal not only on the price but also on the extended warranty as well. Thanks Mr Harvey!!!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $228.00.

Sharon

SharonPerth, WA

A costly disappointment

Overpriced, even at $199 which is what I paid. Looks nice & yes it is loud and colourful. Very poor software in this device. Lots of bluetooth and connectivity issues. Works better if u download the app. Doesn't work at all on Windows 10 & no app for this OS. U can't use your phone even for browsing whilst connected, as this will disrupt the connection. No cabling as a backup either if the bluetooth doesn't work, this device doesn't even have any ports. UE Logitech have a confusing contact form u can complete if u r having issues, but they ignore u. I wish I had a bought something else because I am not using it much due to these issues.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $199.00.

May

May

If you love quality sound..You will love your megaboom!

-awesome bass
-clear sound
-clarity is amazing
- when volume is at max bass and sound still sound really good
. bonus feature is being able to use features on your phone as well as pair with multiple megabooms..
-multiple colors to choose from

im reviewing the ue megaboom 3.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Richard L

Richard L

Not much of an upgrade above the normal Boom

Basically the Boom 3, but bigger, and with louder sound. No appreciable increase in sound quality. Not really worth it unless you regularly go outdoors and need something non-fragile and with long battery life.

Otherwise for around the house I've found the sound quality on a traditional bluetooth speaker like a Marley Get Together better.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Samfak

SamfakAU

Excellent durability with high tier sound quality.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
brett

brettPerth, WA

cool luxury for music enthusiasts

purchased the new megaboom today from Perth City Apple Store and as expected it is of the highest quality!

Very clear sound, goes nice and loud and feels extremely durable. Has waterproof features and i nice rubbery feel that feels like it could thrown out of a truck and bounce into the sea and still be bangin’ out rockin’ beats