Logitech UE Wonderboom

See the Best Portable Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Its alright

I bought this to use in one of my older cars that doesn’t have Bluetooth or an aux port. I enjoy listening to music from my phone rather than the radio but my phone isn’t loud enough on its own so I went looking for a portable speaker that didn’t need batteries.

The sound is great for such a small device. I don’t need to go max volume or anything to have a good clean sound.

The most frustrating thing is the Bluetooth connection. Perhaps I’ve been spoiled by the way Apple’s airpods instantly connect EVERY TIME I use them yet this thing is very hit and miss. Half the time upon turning the speaker on, my phone will connect instantly, some times I’ll be required to go into phone settings and choose it from the Bluetooth menu (super annoying and a waste of time) but occasionally even then I will get an error ‘make sure the device is in range and turned on’ when I’m literally right next to it!

Then I try again, usually it’ll connect then, but occasionally I’ll be forced to use the devices pairing button to get it connected again which doesn’t make any sense to me because I can see it’s still there in my Bluetooth memory along with only my watch and airpods.

I’ve tried to work out what may be causing the intermittent connection problems, have I connected to something else recently? Is the battery low? But I can’t find any common, replicatable situations that cause the device not to connect to my phone as soon as I turn it on.

Aside from that, which is quite an annoying issue, it’s otherwise a great device.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Small speaker that packs a punch

Bought in a sale and never regretted. It's very portable since it's small and not bulky at all. Fully recommend it for its price to value. Sound quality is good too. Perhaps the volume could be louder.

Purchased in November 2018.

Great sound

Love the 360 sound. Loud and crisp. Connect easily to my mobile and instant link when you turn on the speakers. Bought some other bluetooth speakers before and so far very happy with it. Batteries last too. Only wish it came Google assistant, then it's perfect...

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $94.00.

Great little speaker

Amazing for the money! Insanley loud and great bass for a speaker of this size. Only problem is there is no designated app for this model. Battery life is fantastic. Outlasts my phone on a charge and it charges pretty quick. The Bluetooth range is amazing. I tested it to about 55 meters. I recommend buying one.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Love it! Easy portable and great sound!

I love my wonderboom, the clarity is amazing for such a small device. Easily portable and simple to use. They come in several cool colours. Even turned up loud it is so clear.

I love being able to take this camping, rechargeable and great battery life. I'm considering buying another!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great portable speaker that really kicks a punch!

Very great product overall and easy to use + portable. Surprisingly quite a loud sound and of very good quality for such a small speaker. Aesthetically pleasing and feels solid too.

Only drawback is that it is expensive and there is no auxiliary input which is a little disappointing but otherwise definitely a wonderful product!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great portable speaker, look very suitable to a modern setting

The UE Wonderboom is AMAZING! We got the cashmere pink and it suits our modern home perfectly. The speaker is very easy to use, and links perfectly with your smartphone. The volume buttons are reliable and the battery life is very long-lasting. The quality of the sound is near-perfect, the only thing is that when at the higher settings the sound becomes a bit robotic, but you would never need that volume anyway, so not really a problem. I would highly recommend, and am even considering a second one for myself, as the devices can be paired.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Device lacks volume. Ultimate Ears Support is poor

The unit itself is well packaged and seems well built. The volume is pretty tame. Worst feature is the lack of support. Bought this 10days ago and it came with a factory bonus of 10 song download for free. Registered online; got the link to the bonus; clicked, selected some songs, went to checkout and entered the code sent to me and ... message saying code already used!
Contacted support. A day later got a form letter response how I’m important and they’re looking into it.
10 days later = Nothing.
I’m told that Ultimate Ears is actually Logitech.
Poor effort on the part of their promotion. Can often be the 3rd party vendor of the promo but this company should be savvy enough to know these things can happen.
Won’t buy from Ultimate Ears or Logitech again unless I get a resolution for their mess up

Date PurchasedDec 2017