L'Oreal Steampod

L'Oreal Steampod

• Hair Length Short (1), Medium (3) and Long (8)
  • Hair Style Straight (3), Wavy (6) and Curly (3)
  • Straightening Time 15.714 minutes
  • Hair Care
HD35

HD35Southwest, VIC

Finally!

I can’t believe I’ve found a straightener that works on my coarse, thick, wavy long hair. Usually it takes me 2 hours of passing over my hair multiple times with the straightener plus slathering it in serums and creams to get it semi straight, only for it to turn into fluffy straw in 10 minutes. I go over each section of hair just once with this and it’s as straight as only a really good hairdresser has been able to get it. Not sure about damage yet as I don’t straighten every day but glides pretty smoothly.

Definitely pricey and bulky but so worth it, I’ve been sending a fortune on serums and shampoos and masks anyway with no result

Purchased at Adore Beauty for $330.00.

Snapped hair

Oh my goodness. These have made me cry. My hair was in such good condition. After using these just once my hair has white bits and is snapping off. I have lost so much hair. It's currently nearly down to my waist. I think I'm going to have to have several inches cut off. Absolutely devastated.

Purchased in July 2020.

Hair StyleStraight

Works well but I believe it damaged my hair more than a regular straightener over time

Loved it at first! Then noticed I needed a trim every few weeks compared to every couple months before I started using the steampod! Went back to my regular straightener iron after about 6 months...

Purchased in January 2020 for $340.00.

Straightening Time20 minutes

Christine

ChristineSydney, NSW

Love it, best hair appliance ever

I have thick curly hair and I’m obsessed with the steam pod, I had one of the original ones which I bought 5 years ago, it’s still going strong but recently upgraded to the new one as it’s slimmer and just love it. It cut my hair time by half compared to my GHD.
Must by for anyone with thick or dry hair.

Purchased in November 2019 for $290.00.

Straightening Time30 minutes
GiftBaskets Joy

GiftBaskets JoySydney, NSW

loved it

works well. My hair has never looked better. fast delivery. Yes i would recommend this product to others
Have tried every product on the market nothing has made my hair look as good as it does with this product looks like i came out of a salon im so impressed

Purchased in January 2020 for $250.00.

Very disappointed

After two weeks I stopped using the product. Unlike my GHDs they were snapping my hair. It has today been confirmed they are faulty and a repair needs to be carried out. I have asked for a refund due to purchasing a faulty product. The manufacturer advise as they were purchased through a different company, under their warranty they only need to offer a repair. Not what you expect from such a big company. Now seeking assistance from seller reference a refund. I will never put this product near my hair again. Back to my GHDs

It has taken from the beginning of January to get to this stage.

Purchased in November 2019 at Just my look for $130.00.

Game changer

The steam pod is the only straightener that has EVER fully removed all the frizz from my hair. It is the closest to a salon blowdry I have ever got at home. It is bulky but honestly the best purchase I have ever made. Once my hair is done it last up to 3 days looking silky & smooth! Total gamechanger!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Straightening Time10 minutes
Teresa Bartholomeusz

Teresa BartholomeuszGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fast and helpful

You will note the the difference of the hair just the condition alone is amazing. My hair always look healthy and shiny. Its easy to use and super impressive result. You wont regret this choice. The price is also very competitive.

Purchased in January 2017 for $143.00.

Hair LengthShort
Straightening Time5 minutes
angie

angieSydney, NSW

It was a huge disappointment and damaged my hair!

Purchased in November 2019 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $240.00.

Theresa Mansfield

Theresa Mansfield

Steampod

The ~Steampod is a very useful piece of equipment for my hair which is naturally a bit curly so it does exactly what it says it does - it straightens your hair in a few mins, super tool really if you want straight hair for any occasion. I love it as it does what it says it will.

Purchased in April 2019 at Peter Mark Hairdressers.

Rabia Z

Rabia ZMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Magical

L'Oreal Steampod is simply amazing!

Amazing

This is the most incredible hair straightener!! I have curly frizzy prone hair and when using my ghd I would spend a very long time and still not be satisfied with the end product.. the steam pod is a total game changer it is absolutely magnificent and my hair looks, feels and last soooo long. Best invention EVER

Purchased in October 2019.

John S

John S

Steamie and great...

Look to be completely honest with you i did not expect much from this product but boy it blew me away of how nice and crispy it looks on the hair looks like i got my hair done

Purchased in December 2018.

alex

alexpertb

Excellent, Better than my previous straightener

We Love this straightener. Have had it for more than 2 years. Purchased it online. It doesn't take long to heat up. The Steam ensures my hair does not dry out or damage easily. Good for frizzy/Hard to straigten hair types. Easy to use. For long hair you will need to add Distilled water into the reservoir approx twice.

HarlieeWilliamjg

HarlieeWilliamjgBooker Bay

great

This hair straightener is very reliable and its price is reasonable. It heats up quickly and there are several temperatures for you to choose from. I used it for a while and it does little damage to my hair。

Isabel

IsabelROKEWOOD JUNCTION

Love this product !

I'm so grateful to have found the Steampod by L'oreal because it is the only product (as I have purchased so many in the past) that will keep my hair straight even on hot or humid days. I love it! It is quite expensive however over the years I have bought so many different products that have added up to be more than this.

Haily

HailyPerth

fast but not efficient

look i love this product but now its showing signs of slowing down i would not buy this product if not for a friend telling me about but im not big on this anyway

Caitriona

CaitrionaDublin

Breaks just as warranty expires

I took great care of this product and one day 13 months after purchasing it, water kept pouring out of the base. I hadn’t dropped it but noticed little cracks all over the plastic water container. Peter Marks where I had bought the pod told me there was nothing they could do. Pricey for a mediocre straightener made with poor quality materials.

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

great one

this one has really good angles for you to grasp. it leaves the hair nice and straight. if you want curls you can do it too so I love it., very fast and warm as well.

Amazing hair straightener, cant believe i waited so long!

I was sceptical at first i always thought steam was bad for your hair. And have tried other products like the brush with steam with minimal success. I have just purchased and used the Loreal Steampod 2 gen and can't praise this enough! I have a ghd which works well but have to go over my hair at least twice to get the same result I get with this and in half the time. My hair didn't catch with the comb as I brushed it first, straightener slightly bulky but easy to use, heated up in about 1min. Would highly reccomend!!

Tina

Tinaasked

Can the water be left in the latest model steam pod after use, ready for the next use?

Sandra

Sandra asked

Can u use steam pod without the steampod milk/ Creme products?

Eiregriffy

Eiregriffyasked

Why does my steam pod smell so bad? like a baby’s wet nappy

The L’Oreal Steampod, which has a promising review rating of 4.1 stars, can be used to straighten, as well as create waves and curls. It uses a continuous steam flow, double technology plates and an integrated comb, which both detangles hair while styling and holds it in place while you create waves. There is also now a Steampod 3.0 which is an upgraded version of the older Steampod 2.0 model.

What reviewers liked about the L’Oreal Steampod:

• Several reviewers liked the fact that the Steampod completely removed frizz from their previously untameable hair
  • Hair looks shinier and generally in better condition after using this straightener
  • Heats up quickly, as well as straightens hair efficiently

What reviewers didn’t like about this straightener:

• Bulky design made this straightener tricky to handle while using, and takes up a lot of space in a suitcase when travelling
  • Sometimes users encountered issues with the steam function malfunctioning (often after having the straightener for over a year), which led to other problems, such as a leaking straightener.
CategoryHair Straighteners