L'Oreal Professionnel Steampod

L'Oreal Professionnel Steampod

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by L'Oreal Paris

Pros

Removes frizz from unruly hair
Leaves hair sleek and shiny
Styles hair quickly

Cons

Bulky design

• Hair Length Short (1), Medium (7) and Long (11)
  • Hair Style Straight (3), Wavy (11) and Curly (5)
  • Straightening Time 21 minutes
  • Hair Care

Steampod not worth it

Wanted to love these steampods and have tryed to love them but they are damaging my hair more and my hair always feels dry and crunchie after using them, im so disappointed.

Purchased in for $199.

Awful. Avoid avoid avoid

Ive blonde hair which was in excellent condition and this FRIED my hair where it broke off in my hand. Dont recommend as no one wants to buy of me for even 100 euro. Such a waste of money

Purchased in for $265.

Jess
JessSydney, NSW

Very good

Very impressed with this straightening iron. It heats up very quickly and is easy to use. Dont have any problems with it at all. Definitely recommend if you are thinking of getting it :)

What a disappointment

This is not what I was expecting
I bought the steampod one week ago. When I used it for the first time I was shocked! It damaged my hair and I had to cut it next day! I have really thick hair. Very disappointed...

Hair Straighteners

Find out how L'Oreal Professionnel Steampod compares to other Hair Straighteners

Priya
PriyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Money down the drain

Purchased in at Hairhouse Physical store for $350.

Never write reviews but
Never write reviews butPerth, WA

Can’t believe there are bad reviews!

I brought the original steam pod about 5 years ago I have thin bleached curly frizzy hair, I let it dry naturally and in minutes I can straighten it smooth - it’s amazing! The best tool I have ever used! And it stays straight…even in humidity or after a bit of a run in with rain! I cannot fault the steam pod and I can’t believe hairdressers don’t use it. I have used it on all my friends with the same frizzy hair and they all feel the same way, it is brilliant! I have 3 Ghd’s all gathering dust in my drawer. If you have frizzy hair I 100% guarantee you will never regret buying a steam pod!

Dee
DeePerth, WA

Steampod Straighter very disappointing.

Purchased in at Dick Smith for $300.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
HD35
HD35Southwest, VIC

Finally!

I can’t believe I’ve found a straightener that works on my coarse, thick, wavy long hair. Usually it takes me 2 hours of passing over my hair multiple times with the straightener plus slathering it in serums and creams to get it semi straight, only for it to turn into fluffy straw in 10 minutes. I go over each section of hair just once with this and it’s as straight as only a really good hairdresser has been able to get it. Not sure about damage yet as I don’t straighten every day but glides pretty smoothly.

Definitely pricey and bulky but so worth it, I’ve been sending a fortune on serums and shampoos and masks anyway with no result

Purchased at Adore Beauty for $330.

• Incentivised Review No
  • Hair Length Long
  • Hair Style Wavy

Snapped hair

Oh my goodness. These have made me cry. My hair was in such good condition. After using these just once my hair has white bits and is snapping off. I have lost so much hair. It's currently nearly down to my waist. I think I'm going to have to have several inches cut off. Absolutely devastated.

Purchased in .

Hair Straighteners

Works well but I believe it damaged my hair more than a regular straightener over time

Loved it at first! Then noticed I needed a trim every few weeks compared to every couple months before I started using the steampod! Went back to my regular straightener iron after about 6 months...

Purchased in for $340.

Christine
ChristineSydney, NSW

Love it, best hair appliance ever

I have thick curly hair and I’m obsessed with the steam pod, I had one of the original ones which I bought 5 years ago, it’s still going strong but recently upgraded to the new one as it’s slimmer and just love it. It cut my hair time by half compared to my GHD.
Must by for anyone with thick or dry hair.

Purchased in for $290.

GiftBaskets Joy
GiftBaskets JoySydney, NSW

loved it

works well. My hair has never looked better. fast delivery. Yes i would recommend this product to others
Have tried every product on the market nothing has made my hair look as good as it does with this product looks like i came out of a salon im so impressed

Purchased in for $250.

Very disappointed

After two weeks I stopped using the product. Unlike my GHDs they were snapping my hair. It has today been confirmed they are faulty and a repair needs to be carried out. I have asked for a refund due to purchasing a faulty product. The manufacturer advise as they were purchased through a different company, under their warranty they only need to offer a repair. Not what you expect from such a big company. Now seeking assistance from seller reference a refund. I will never put this product near my hair again. Back to my GHDs

It has taken from the beginning of January to get to this stage.

Purchased in at Just my look for $130.

• Hair Care

Game changer

The steam pod is the only straightener that has EVER fully removed all the frizz from my hair. It is the closest to a salon blowdry I have ever got at home. It is bulky but honestly the best purchase I have ever made. Once my hair is done it last up to 3 days looking silky & smooth! Total gamechanger!!

Purchased in .

Teresa Bartholomeusz
Teresa BartholomeuszGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fast and helpful

You will note the the difference of the hair just the condition alone is amazing. My hair always look healthy and shiny. Its easy to use and super impressive result. You wont regret this choice. The price is also very competitive.

Purchased in for $143.

Shevy-H
Shevy-Hasked

My L’Oréal Steampod is coming on with all the temperature lights showing and then won’t turn off unless I unplug it completely at the mains. Anyone have any idea what the issue is?

Kerry H.
Kerry H.asked

My steam pods have started leaking water from the 2 little holes just underneath the plates, it drips water and they don’t seem to be steaming much either. Any ideas?

Stijn I.
Stijn I.
Marilyn
Marilynasked

It look like little metal pc in the water tank..what could that be?

See all L'Oreal Professionnel Steampod questions

Get an answer from our members and L'Oreal Paris representatives

Features:

The L’Oreal Steampod, which has a promising review rating of 4.1 stars, can be used to straighten, as well as create waves and curls. The most recent model is the Steampod 3.0, which has the following features.

• It uses a continuous steam flow, double technology plates and an integrated comb, which both detangles hair while styling and holds it in place while you create waves.
  • An integrated water tank gives you the freedom to style up to 192m of hair (for reference, that’s more than one full head of thick hair) without needing to refill the water tank.
  • Intelligent heat control lets you use 3 heat settings ranging from 180 to 210°C, so that it works on all hair types.
  • The straightener has a rotating cord that helps you prevent tangling so you can achieve curls easily.

Points of praise:

• A number of reviewers liked the fact that the Steampod completely removed frizz from their previously untameable hair.
  • They also found that their hair looked shinier and generally in better condition after using this straightener.
  • Reviewers appreciated the quick heat-up time of the straightener, as well as how little time it took to style their hair.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that the straightener had a bulkier design than they would have liked, which sometimes made it tricky to handle and take up a lot of space in travel bags.
CategoryHair Straighteners