L'Oreal Steampod

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Steamie and great...

Look to be completely honest with you i did not expect much from this product but boy it blew me away of how nice and crispy it looks on the hair looks like i got my hair done

Purchased in December 2018.

Excellent, Better than my previous straightener

We Love this straightener. Have had it for more than 2 years. Purchased it online. It doesn't take long to heat up. The Steam ensures my hair does not dry out or damage easily. Good for frizzy/Hard to straigten hair types. Easy to use. For long hair you will need to add Distilled water into the reservoir approx twice.

great

This hair straightener is very reliable and its price is reasonable. It heats up quickly and there are several temperatures for you to choose from. I used it for a while and it does little damage to my hair。

Love this product !

I'm so grateful to have found the Steampod by L'oreal because it is the only product (as I have purchased so many in the past) that will keep my hair straight even on hot or humid days. I love it! It is quite expensive however over the years I have bought so many different products that have added up to be more than this.

fast but not efficient

look i love this product but now its showing signs of slowing down i would not buy this product if not for a friend telling me about but im not big on this anyway

Breaks just as warranty expires

I took great care of this product and one day 13 months after purchasing it, water kept pouring out of the base. I hadn’t dropped it but noticed little cracks all over the plastic water container. Peter Marks where I had bought the pod told me there was nothing they could do. Pricey for a mediocre straightener made with poor quality materials.

great one

this one has really good angles for you to grasp. it leaves the hair nice and straight. if you want curls you can do it too so I love it., very fast and warm as well.

Amazing hair straightener, cant believe i waited so long!

I was sceptical at first i always thought steam was bad for your hair. And have tried other products like the brush with steam with minimal success. I have just purchased and used the Loreal Steampod 2 gen and can't praise this enough! I have a ghd which works well but have to go over my hair at least twice to get the same result I get with this and in half the time. My hair didn't catch with the comb as I brushed it first, straightener slightly bulky but easy to use, heated up in about 1min. Would highly reccomend!!

Good straightener

I purchased this as I heard a lot of good reviews. Overall the straightener does what’s intended of it. It is extremely bulky and hard to manoeuvre as you can only straighten with the arrows facing down. You have to buy distilled water so the product doesn’t clog with minerals etc. takes a while to heat up and steam stops when you release handle and you have to wait for it to steam up again. Overall I wouldn’t purchase again and probably wouldn’t recommend to others.

Crispy hair ends

When I 1st had this straightener I couldn’t recommend it enough. It makes your hair appear shiny when you have straightened each section, however, when you look at your hair as the day goes on the shine has gone (just the steam maybe). I have been having very crunchy ends which appear white and also white dots which just snap off.
As I have bleached hair under dyed dark brown hair the damage is clear. Just cut my hair and salon used GHD it straighten - checked my ends all white end cut off. The following day I went over my hair with my steam pod and it’s damaged my ends straight away. Can’t believe these are being sold as a reducing damage product!! Don’t buy and save your money and your hair c

Love the product

Its a brilliant product for hair straightning new technology with steam. This makes it unique and easier to sell .Less damaging to the hair.
There is one little hickup it is very expensive to buy,there is a lot of other straightners out there but i love it regardless,

A little bit overpriced

I always use a hair straightener so I bought an expensive one, it is really good, it heats up real quick (less than one minute)and it will not snag my hair (as my hair is so thick), but i think it’s a little bit overpriced

Best in the market

Omg. Fantastic. It ticks all the long hair baskets that one I am. Its steaming capabilities are fanominal and it does back itself up and I've just purchased it and have used it basically daily without breaking too much of my hair.

I love this!

If you dont like this then you are using it wrong. this is a gem. I have had other ones in the past but this stayes steaming L'oreal smashed this product

Not good, but not bad

I bought this product for my sister she has very curly hair she said that this is not good. She has been using it more and she said it has progressively been better.

My hair saviour I can’t manage without it.

I love the steampod I take it away with me it’s my go to hair tool.
So easy and quick to use.
It is a smooth operator on curly frizzy hair, it makes my hair very soft and shiny. I love it!

Not as good as expected...

I wanted to love this expensive tool but it didn't work for my fine and dense hair. After seeing the reviews on Youtube, I was convinced that this would do miracles for my hair but I was desilllusioned. It somewhat dried out my hair and it felt crunchy after the steam had evaporated. It also became quite complicated to comb through my fine hair.

Lovely results

I bought this is the hope that my hair would grow, using ghd's seems to break my hair and it never gets longer than just past shoulder length. The steampod is easy to use, I've not noticed any smell that other reviewers have commented on.. so far anyway. It can be a little harder to use due to the size but mostly because you can only use it one way, which is fine for the left side of my head but a lot harder for the other side purely due to the comb fitting one side only and catching before I'm ready to clamp. It left my hair as straight as ghd's, but definitely softer. I use the cream before blow drying and the serum before straightening, but I find the cream makes the hair tangle, so I'll be trying it with the serum only and imagine it will be a lot silkier. This is probably a matter of personal hair type. Mine is very thick, which is ironic as the cream is designed for thick hair. Over all I'm very happy but only time will tell if it grows anymore..

Update - September 2018. It grows!! I've had comments about my lovely new lengths, takes a while to get it back into good condition after years of dye and ghd's, but it's definitely longer and in better condition these days. I have noticed a problem when attempting to curl my hair, the lead doesn't turn 360 degrees, so you need to untangle it every few turns. Worth it for the results though. I also find the steam pod super easy to use, now that I'm used to them. And still no smell, I use deionised water so maybe this is why. All in all I love these straighteners and would recommend to anyone and everyone!

Great

I have a teenage daughter and this was a great gift to give to her for her 15th birthday I just absolutely love this steam pod the staff were so friendly helping me find it and once I did my daughter couldn’t have been more happy with her gift thanks again coles you are just amazing!

Good Piece for a Run

easy to use and heats up within minutes, totally an easy wand for a rush day when I have my shoots.Help makes my hair soft and glossy.Love it will recommend this to friends.