L'Oreal Professionnel Steampod

L'Oreal Professionnel Steampod

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for L'Oreal Paris? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Hair Length Short (1), Medium (4) and Long (8)
  • Hair Style Straight (3), Wavy (7) and Curly (3)
  • Straightening Time 17.5 minutes
  • Hair Care

Dee
DeePerth, WA

Steampod Straighter very disappointing.

Purchased in April 2021 at Dick Smith for $300.00.

HD35
HD35Southwest, VIC

Finally!

I can’t believe I’ve found a straightener that works on my coarse, thick, wavy long hair. Usually it takes me 2 hours of passing over my hair multiple times with the straightener plus slathering it in serums and creams to get it semi straight, only for it to turn into fluffy straw in 10 minutes. I go over each section of hair just once with this and it’s as straight as only a really good hairdresser has been able to get it. Not sure about damage yet as I don’t straighten every day but glides pretty smoothly.

Definitely pricey and bulky but so worth it, I’ve been sending a fortune on serums and shampoos and masks anyway with no result

Purchased at Adore Beauty for $330.00.

Hair Length Long
Hair Style Wavy

Snapped hair

Oh my goodness. These have made me cry. My hair was in such good condition. After using these just once my hair has white bits and is snapping off. I have lost so much hair. It's currently nearly down to my waist. I think I'm going to have to have several inches cut off. Absolutely devastated.

Purchased in July 2020.

Hair Straighteners

Find out how L'Oreal Professionnel Steampod compares to other Hair Straighteners

Works well but I believe it damaged my hair more than a regular straightener over time

Loved it at first! Then noticed I needed a trim every few weeks compared to every couple months before I started using the steampod! Went back to my regular straightener iron after about 6 months...

Purchased in January 2020 for $340.00.

Christine
ChristineSydney, NSW

Love it, best hair appliance ever

I have thick curly hair and I’m obsessed with the steam pod, I had one of the original ones which I bought 5 years ago, it’s still going strong but recently upgraded to the new one as it’s slimmer and just love it. It cut my hair time by half compared to my GHD.
Must by for anyone with thick or dry hair.

Purchased in November 2019 for $290.00.

GiftBaskets Joy
GiftBaskets JoySydney, NSW

loved it

works well. My hair has never looked better. fast delivery. Yes i would recommend this product to others
Have tried every product on the market nothing has made my hair look as good as it does with this product looks like i came out of a salon im so impressed

Purchased in January 2020 for $250.00.

Very disappointed

After two weeks I stopped using the product. Unlike my GHDs they were snapping my hair. It has today been confirmed they are faulty and a repair needs to be carried out. I have asked for a refund due to purchasing a faulty product. The manufacturer advise as they were purchased through a different company, under their warranty they only need to offer a repair. Not what you expect from such a big company. Now seeking assistance from seller reference a refund. I will never put this product near my hair again. Back to my GHDs

It has taken from the beginning of January to get to this stage.

Purchased in November 2019 at Just my look for $130.00.

Hair Care

Game changer

The steam pod is the only straightener that has EVER fully removed all the frizz from my hair. It is the closest to a salon blowdry I have ever got at home. It is bulky but honestly the best purchase I have ever made. Once my hair is done it last up to 3 days looking silky & smooth! Total gamechanger!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Teresa Bartholomeusz
Teresa BartholomeuszGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fast and helpful

You will note the the difference of the hair just the condition alone is amazing. My hair always look healthy and shiny. Its easy to use and super impressive result. You wont regret this choice. The price is also very competitive.

Purchased in January 2017 for $143.00.

angie
angieSydney, NSW

It was a huge disappointment and damaged my hair!

Purchased in November 2019 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $240.00.

Theresa Mansfield
Theresa Mansfield

Steampod

The ~Steampod is a very useful piece of equipment for my hair which is naturally a bit curly so it does exactly what it says it does - it straightens your hair in a few mins, super tool really if you want straight hair for any occasion. I love it as it does what it says it will.

Purchased in April 2019 at Peter Mark Hairdressers.

Rabia Z
Rabia ZGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Magical

L'Oreal Steampod is simply amazing!

Amazing

This is the most incredible hair straightener!! I have curly frizzy prone hair and when using my ghd I would spend a very long time and still not be satisfied with the end product.. the steam pod is a total game changer it is absolutely magnificent and my hair looks, feels and last soooo long. Best invention EVER

Purchased in October 2019.

John S
John S

Steamie and great...

Look to be completely honest with you i did not expect much from this product but boy it blew me away of how nice and crispy it looks on the hair looks like i got my hair done

Purchased in December 2018.

alex
alexpertb

Excellent, Better than my previous straightener

We Love this straightener. Have had it for more than 2 years. Purchased it online. It doesn't take long to heat up. The Steam ensures my hair does not dry out or damage easily. Good for frizzy/Hard to straigten hair types. Easy to use. For long hair you will need to add Distilled water into the reservoir approx twice.

Read more reviews - page 2

Angela C.
Angela C.asked

Why steam pod does not make noise and no steam

Tina
Tinaasked

Can the water be left in the latest model steam pod after use, ready for the next use?

Sandra
Sandra asked

Can u use steam pod without the steampod milk/ Creme products?

See all L'Oreal Professionnel Steampod questions

The L’Oreal Steampod, which has a promising review rating of 4.1 stars, can be used to straighten, as well as create waves and curls. It uses a continuous steam flow, double technology plates and an integrated comb, which both detangles hair while styling and holds it in place while you create waves. There is also now a Steampod 3.0 which is an upgraded version of the older Steampod 2.0 model.

What reviewers liked about the L’Oreal Steampod:

• Several reviewers liked the fact that the Steampod completely removed frizz from their previously untameable hair
  • Hair looks shinier and generally in better condition after using this straightener
  • Heats up quickly, as well as straightens hair efficiently

What reviewers didn’t like about this straightener:

• Bulky design made this straightener tricky to handle while using, and takes up a lot of space in a suitcase when travelling
  • Sometimes users encountered issues with the steam function malfunctioning (often after having the straightener for over a year), which led to other problems, such as a leaking straightener.
CategoryHair Straighteners