Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original

Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original (page 5 of 10)

• Ease of Assembly
  • Safety

Didn't help my baby sleep at all

We got this swaddle for my baby boy after reading all the positive reviews over the Internet. Before using it, my 3month old has been able to sleep at least 4 hours stretch during night in a grobag(proved really useful for us)

Because of the arms out style my boy didn't sleep well at all as his arms were way too close to his mouth and was able to suck his fingers which woke him up constantly.

He did not even sleep straight for 30 mins.

$40 was wasted.

Nic

Nic

Poor quality fabric for the price

While the arms up design is good, I would not have expected that after one week the swaddle would have pilling from a wriggly baby. I have some cheaper zip swaddles which have been used for well over a month which are in better condition. Disappointed given the price of these swaddles.

Liz

Liz

Saves my sanity !

I purchased one of these swaddles anticipating the arrival of our second child (and after sleepless grief I had with the first!) on way home from hospital I brought another! It's definitely a comfort for our new baby (2 weeks old) he cat naps and stirs a lot without it, sleeps a good 2.5-5hrs with it on ! it has been a saviour for my sanity. looking forward to trying stage two ! I've recommended this swaddle to my friends and family.

Baby Wraps

Find out how Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original compares to other Baby Wraps

Not for a strong baby

I have a Houdini baby and at 2 months I was constantly having to try and secure his arms which were waking him up. I had a medium one if these from my previous baby who loved it. He is a big boy so I tried it. He loved his arms up but he has too much room, he could stretch the wrap easily and we were up every hour resettling. So not for a strong, large baby with big startle reflex.

Kaltsy3388

Kaltsy3388Adelaide

Best thing ever

My girl refused to keep her arms in a swaddle. She would always find a way to get her arm out. I did lots of research and thought I woule give this one a go. Omg it was great. Her hands were kept covered and she couldnt scare herseld or scratch herself during the night. We were given an ergopouch (i think thays what it was called) and it didnt have the right arm room and very restricting as it was press studs on the arms.
The LTD was just fantastic for my newborn. I have given it to so many friends to use and they found it a life saver too.
Beat invention ever!!

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Eckey

EckeySydney

Love them - total sanity saver!

My babies loved to be swaddled and this was the perfect way to transfer them out of the traditional wraps without going cold turkey. I could see they felt secure and snuggled without being overly restrained. My little ones used these until about 10 months, along with a safety sleeper to stop them rolling over in them. I love that they can be used in a car seat, as they have a hole at the back and a double zipper at the front - handy for midnight nappy changes too. Couldn't have done without them - an absolute sanity saver!

Jesso

JessoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My lifesaver

My sister in law gave me my nephew's swaddles to use for my son and he loves them as he loves being swaddled this way.. he still sleeps in the winter warm one (which i ended up buying the bigger size) and his 7 months. It gives him room to move his hands without waking him.. we need too soon buy the 50/50 one!

Jai

Comparing it to ErgoCocoon Swaddle and Grobag Swaddle

kris

krisMelbourne

excellent product.

Love it! one of the best buys for our daughter. We did use this followed by the Love to Dream 50/50 till almost 8.5 months. My daughter looked comfortable and cosy in it. They do cost a bit( and never seen it at a sale) but definitely worth it. I would highly recommend it.

ErikaH

ErikaHAU

Too tight around legs and chest

I have two of these swaddles. The first is an older design (did not realise as I bought it second hand) and it really does not provide enough room for good hip development. The second was a new one and it looks like they changed the design to enable more hip room, but then we found the chest size to be so tight that the swaddle would twist around him during the night and it all bunched up under his neck. Our Bub was at the bottom end of the small size so I hate to imagine how awful this would be on him as he got a little bigger. Not good designs in my opinion. They are also made of quite thin stretchy cotton and are very expensive for what they are. I would not buy these again.

Napisan bleached it

Pretty much the first time we used it we needed to use napisan on it. It left big white patches. We only put it on for 15 minutes before putting in the washing machine. A product for babies should really be colorfast. Otherwise it helps him sleep. But watchout, our newborn can move around quite a lot by kicking with this product on.

Laurenjaing

LaurenjaingAU

Expensive, but worth it for a Houdini

My Bub is a Houdini. No matter how tightly or with what kind if wrap we swaddled him in, he ALWAYS got out! The Love to
Dream is perfect for this. He's sufficiently snug, wrapped up safely and can still use his hands to self soothe. He's not constantly wriggling and squirming to unwrap himself.
This is not a cheap swaddle though and the fabric around the top (the wings) wears and stains far too easily. Do yourself a favour and find one in decent condition second hand (if you can nab one!) on eBay. They're worth giving a go if your Bub doesn't have a strong startle reflex.
As soon as the zip closes, our Bub settles some of his fussing and seems much more content.

Amy

AmySydney

Not good for strong reflex babies

Erica

Erica

No good with strong startle reflex

This product did not work for my son. We tried using this at 3 months, 4 and 5 months but his startle reflex was too strong. The swaddle was not restrictive enough and his arms moved around too much. Do not waste your money if your child is a fussy sleeper.

Sarah W.

Sarah W.asked

We are based in Melbourne with the weather being freezing and having the thermostat set to a constant 19 degrees. What tog rating would I use and what clothes underneath?

Xanthe M.
Xanthe M.

They are thin. Probably around 2 tog thinking of my other bags. In Sydney we also have the house around 18 in winter, I put them in long sleeve arms onesie, a thick Bonds onesie and socks.

Carly G.asked

I have the swaddle up in size small for my 6 week old baby, he weighs 4kg. I have noticed that the material under the zipper is bunching up and almost pushes towards his chin. I'm worried this could be a potential hazard. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it because the swaddle is too big/small?

Sas
Sas

I have the same problem. Did you ever get an answer to this?

Carly G.

I never received an answer, however it did get better as we went up in sizes and he subsequently grew. It was only that size/age where I had the problem

Chantelle

Chantelleasked

I noticed with my little guy when he was first born I got him the small and the back of the neck used to dig into his skin and leave red marks, he would pull his arms forward and do it worse.. it wasn’t to small either.

See all Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original questions