Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original

Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original

• Safety
Jess08

Jess08Sydney, NSW

Extremely tight around back of neck

Dangerous product and the company should be sued for making money on such a terrible product. When the baby pushes their arms forward, just have a feel of the material around the back of the neck... It cuts into their necks and my baby screams in pain when he does this.. don't waste your money on this garbage and save your baby from a terrible experience.

Purchased in March 2021.

Safety

maccy

maccy

No good for strong startle reflex

If your bub has a strong startle reflex I'd avoid these. With the arms up she took longer to settle and wakes herself every time she startles. Swaddles like the ergoPouch are much better, as they swaddle the arms to the chest. Also I found her arms and hands got really cold in them. I don't understand why the warm pouch and original pouch have the same thickness of fabric on the arms, so the warm pouch doesn't really provide any extra warmth! Such a waste of money for me.

Purchased in April 2021 at Babyroad for $90.00.

Safety

I wouldn’t buy this again!

I bought warm version after my baby was able to wriggle out of the traditional swaddle! I was expecting big things because of all the good reviews and obviously the price!! I tried using it a few times and my baby just wouldn’t settle! He usually sleeps 8hours in a traditional swaddle but would sometimes wriggle out leaving loose covers! Hence why I looked for something more secure! He didn’t even sleep for 30 minutes each time I tried! As soon as I swaddled him the way I usually do he settled straight away! Love the thought of it and the quality is good but doesn’t serve it’s purpose to us!

Purchased in November 2019.

Baby Wraps

Find out how Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original compares to other Baby Wraps

Didn't help my baby sleep at all

We got this swaddle for my baby boy after reading all the positive reviews over the Internet. Before using it, my 3month old has been able to sleep at least 4 hours stretch during night in a grobag(proved really useful for us)

Because of the arms out style my boy didn't sleep well at all as his arms were way too close to his mouth and was able to suck his fingers which woke him up constantly.

He did not even sleep straight for 30 mins.

$40 was wasted.

Erica

Erica

No good with strong startle reflex

This product did not work for my son. We tried using this at 3 months, 4 and 5 months but his startle reflex was too strong. The swaddle was not restrictive enough and his arms moved around too much. Do not waste your money if your child is a fussy sleeper.

angelz969

angelz969AU

Didn't work for us

Lita

LitaQueensland

Not ideal for X-Small Size Baby

Doesn't stop the startle reflex at all

I found this rather pricey swaddly fairly useless. Bub couldnt transition through sleep cycles as he would startle and was still able to hit his face and he'd push his dummy out and end up suckinh on the fabric of the wrap. From a bub that would sleep 7pm through to 3am when I wrapped him myself he could only sleep an hour at a time in this and I ended up taking him out and wrapping him myself. Day time naps were also terrible. They went from 2+ hours to just 40 minutes in this wrap. I'm struggling to see the benefit.

FiferLass

FiferLassPerth

Don't bother

Terrible. Doesn't stop the arms moving at all. My DD can still get her arms into her mouth meaning the swaddle just gets wet and she gets cold hands. Also, she knocks her dummy out of her mouth with it which makes her cry even more. Worst baby purchase I've made (and that's saying something!).
Colour, snug around tummy area, cosy.
Everything else.

Baby Wraps

Woke up more!

This is a terrible product. I brought it for the warm nights & my 9week old son will only sleep wrapped. He woke up more times using this swaddle then he normally does as he keeps hitting himself in the face. I was told by the staff at baby bunting that this wouldn't happen.

Expensive

Alison Bock

Alison BockMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not recommended by Drs

I used this baby swaddle for my son when he was first born and thought it was great at the time. But I've just heard that orthopaedic surgeons don't recommend this type of swaddling as it can increase the risk of hip displaysia (clicky hips). Obviously the child needs to have the pre-disposition for this condition, but that's often something you don't know until it's too late.
My baby loved it.
Potential long term medical issues.

talpey

talpeySYDNEY

My 2 month old hate it

Ves06
Ves06

See all Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original reviews

Sarah W.

Sarah W.asked

We are based in Melbourne with the weather being freezing and having the thermostat set to a constant 19 degrees. What tog rating would I use and what clothes underneath?

Xanthe M.
Xanthe M.

They are thin. Probably around 2 tog thinking of my other bags. In Sydney we also have the house around 18 in winter, I put them in long sleeve arms onesie, a thick Bonds onesie and socks.

Carly G.asked

I have the swaddle up in size small for my 6 week old baby, he weighs 4kg. I have noticed that the material under the zipper is bunching up and almost pushes towards his chin. I'm worried this could be a potential hazard. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it because the swaddle is too big/small?

Sas
Sas

I have the same problem. Did you ever get an answer to this?

Carly G.

I never received an answer, however it did get better as we went up in sizes and he subsequently grew. It was only that size/age where I had the problem

Chantelle

Chantelleasked

I noticed with my little guy when he was first born I got him the small and the back of the neck used to dig into his skin and leave red marks, he would pull his arms forward and do it worse.. it wasn’t to small either.

See all Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original questions