Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original

Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original

I wouldn’t buy this again!

I bought warm version after my baby was able to wriggle out of the traditional swaddle! I was expecting big things because of all the good reviews and obviously the price!! I tried using it a few times and my baby just wouldn’t settle! He usually sleeps 8hours in a traditional swaddle but would sometimes wriggle out leaving loose covers! Hence why I looked for something more secure! He didn’t even sleep for 30 minutes each time I tried! As soon as I swaddled him the way I usually do he settled straight away! Love the thought of it and the quality is good but doesn’t serve it’s purpose to us!

Purchased in November 2019.

Hummingbird

HummingbirdSouthwest, VIC

Regular swaddling was better for sleep

Purchased in November 2018 for $45.00.

Whats the point?

My baby can move around way too much in this, swaddles are meant to make babies feel snug and secure, but she wriggles so much in the love to dream and startles which wakes her up, so i have to say I just dont get the point- only advantage is my baby cant wriggle out of it and therefore i know she wont get cold.

Baby Wraps

Find out how Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original compares to other Baby Wraps

Good but expensive and hard to resell

These swaddles are expensive considering they’re only used for a couple of months at most. You can use wraps instead although these swaddles are more convenient.
Problems come when it’s time to resell. Despite it being in really good condition, no one was interested in buying it second hand and the company aggressively defended the photos of their product. Don’t expect to get any money back after you’ve used it for a few months.

Didn't help my baby sleep at all

We got this swaddle for my baby boy after reading all the positive reviews over the Internet. Before using it, my 3month old has been able to sleep at least 4 hours stretch during night in a grobag(proved really useful for us)

Because of the arms out style my boy didn't sleep well at all as his arms were way too close to his mouth and was able to suck his fingers which woke him up constantly.

He did not even sleep straight for 30 mins.

$40 was wasted.

Not for a strong baby

I have a Houdini baby and at 2 months I was constantly having to try and secure his arms which were waking him up. I had a medium one if these from my previous baby who loved it. He is a big boy so I tried it. He loved his arms up but he has too much room, he could stretch the wrap easily and we were up every hour resettling. So not for a strong, large baby with big startle reflex.

Amy

AmySydney

Not good for strong reflex babies

Erica

Erica

No good with strong startle reflex

This product did not work for my son. We tried using this at 3 months, 4 and 5 months but his startle reflex was too strong. The swaddle was not restrictive enough and his arms moved around too much. Do not waste your money if your child is a fussy sleeper.

angelz969

angelz969AU

Didn't work for us

Lita

LitaQueensland

Not ideal for X-Small Size Baby

Doesn't stop the startle reflex at all

I found this rather pricey swaddly fairly useless. Bub couldnt transition through sleep cycles as he would startle and was still able to hit his face and he'd push his dummy out and end up suckinh on the fabric of the wrap. From a bub that would sleep 7pm through to 3am when I wrapped him myself he could only sleep an hour at a time in this and I ended up taking him out and wrapping him myself. Day time naps were also terrible. They went from 2+ hours to just 40 minutes in this wrap. I'm struggling to see the benefit.

Rose

RoseSydney

Loved it at first

Great purchase for a newborn but as they get stronger and their arms pull more it pulls against their neck and irritates it. My DD was left with red marks behind her neck where the LTD sits. It's obvious why this happens. The worst is when she cries and pulls even harder.
Great for newborns, don't need to worry about wraps
Rubs behind neck, must be real sore for the bub. Tight around the stomach. Expensive

Meena's Mummy

Meena's MummyVictoria, Australia

use at the beginning, otherwise NO

I wrapped my baby from birth, she is 11weeks, 6.6kg. I bought the size Large (8.5 to11kg, just fit. It doesn't work for her, she tried very hard to suck her fist in her mouth which makes her super grumpy at night. She normally sleeps 7 hours straight at night, but when I used this last night she woke up 3 time... Because she gets tired of stretching. Plus I don't think it's good for baby's arm. We now go back to the traditional swaddle, she feels better. I suggest use this swaddle up product from birth, otherwise wait till baby can roll over then switch to sleeping bags.
soft material
small wings

FiferLass

FiferLassPerth

Don't bother

Terrible. Doesn't stop the arms moving at all. My DD can still get her arms into her mouth meaning the swaddle just gets wet and she gets cold hands. Also, she knocks her dummy out of her mouth with it which makes her cry even more. Worst baby purchase I've made (and that's saying something!).
Colour, snug around tummy area, cosy.
Everything else.

Woke up more!

This is a terrible product. I brought it for the warm nights & my 9week old son will only sleep wrapped. He woke up more times using this swaddle then he normally does as he keeps hitting himself in the face. I was told by the staff at baby bunting that this wouldn't happen.

Expensive

Better than nothing

Alison Bock

Alison BockAdelaide

Not recommended by Drs

I used this baby swaddle for my son when he was first born and thought it was great at the time. But I've just heard that orthopaedic surgeons don't recommend this type of swaddling as it can increase the risk of hip displaysia (clicky hips). Obviously the child needs to have the pre-disposition for this condition, but that's often something you don't know until it's too late.
My baby loved it.
Potential long term medical issues.

talpey

talpeySYDNEY

My 2 month old hate it

Ves06
Ves06
See all Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original reviews

Sarah W.

Sarah W.asked

We are based in Melbourne with the weather being freezing and having the thermostat set to a constant 19 degrees. What tog rating would I use and what clothes underneath?

Xanthe M.
Xanthe M.

They are thin. Probably around 2 tog thinking of my other bags. In Sydney we also have the house around 18 in winter, I put them in long sleeve arms onesie, a thick Bonds onesie and socks.

Carly G.asked

I have the swaddle up in size small for my 6 week old baby, he weighs 4kg. I have noticed that the material under the zipper is bunching up and almost pushes towards his chin. I'm worried this could be a potential hazard. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it because the swaddle is too big/small?

Sas
Sas

I have the same problem. Did you ever get an answer to this?

Carly G.

I never received an answer, however it did get better as we went up in sizes and he subsequently grew. It was only that size/age where I had the problem

Chantelle

Chantelleasked

I noticed with my little guy when he was first born I got him the small and the back of the neck used to dig into his skin and leave red marks, he would pull his arms forward and do it worse.. it wasn’t to small either.

CategoryBaby Wraps