Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original

• Safety

Perry R.

Perry R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Didn't last 2 minutes

Bubs felt super uncomfortable and restricted in this, he didn't even stay down for a nap. It also made late night feeding awkward with the arms bent that way. I don't think it works for every baby especially if they are more active and want to change their arm positioning during sleep.

Purchased in January 2020 at Baby Bunting.

Safety
FYS12

FYS12

Disappointed

Hummingbird

HummingbirdSouthwest, VIC

Regular swaddling was better for sleep

Purchased in November 2018 for $45.00.

Baby Wraps

Find out how Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original compares to other Baby Wraps

Whats the point?

My baby can move around way too much in this, swaddles are meant to make babies feel snug and secure, but she wriggles so much in the love to dream and startles which wakes her up, so i have to say I just dont get the point- only advantage is my baby cant wriggle out of it and therefore i know she wont get cold.

Good but expensive and hard to resell

These swaddles are expensive considering they’re only used for a couple of months at most. You can use wraps instead although these swaddles are more convenient.
Problems come when it’s time to resell. Despite it being in really good condition, no one was interested in buying it second hand and the company aggressively defended the photos of their product. Don’t expect to get any money back after you’ve used it for a few months.

Nic

Nic

Poor quality fabric for the price

While the arms up design is good, I would not have expected that after one week the swaddle would have pilling from a wriggly baby. I have some cheaper zip swaddles which have been used for well over a month which are in better condition. Disappointed given the price of these swaddles.

Not for a strong baby

I have a Houdini baby and at 2 months I was constantly having to try and secure his arms which were waking him up. I had a medium one if these from my previous baby who loved it. He is a big boy so I tried it. He loved his arms up but he has too much room, he could stretch the wrap easily and we were up every hour resettling. So not for a strong, large baby with big startle reflex.

ErikaH

ErikaHAU

Too tight around legs and chest

I have two of these swaddles. The first is an older design (did not realise as I bought it second hand) and it really does not provide enough room for good hip development. The second was a new one and it looks like they changed the design to enable more hip room, but then we found the chest size to be so tight that the swaddle would twist around him during the night and it all bunched up under his neck. Our Bub was at the bottom end of the small size so I hate to imagine how awful this would be on him as he got a little bigger. Not good designs in my opinion. They are also made of quite thin stretchy cotton and are very expensive for what they are. I would not buy these again.

Napisan bleached it

Pretty much the first time we used it we needed to use napisan on it. It left big white patches. We only put it on for 15 minutes before putting in the washing machine. A product for babies should really be colorfast. Otherwise it helps him sleep. But watchout, our newborn can move around quite a lot by kicking with this product on.

Amy

AmySydney

Not good for strong reflex babies

TashLasalle

TashLasalleSydney

Ineffective on strong babies. Poor quality cotton

Rose

RoseSydney

Loved it at first

Great purchase for a newborn but as they get stronger and their arms pull more it pulls against their neck and irritates it. My DD was left with red marks behind her neck where the LTD sits. It's obvious why this happens. The worst is when she cries and pulls even harder.
Great for newborns, don't need to worry about wraps
Rubs behind neck, must be real sore for the bub. Tight around the stomach. Expensive

Meena's Mummy

Meena's MummyVictoria, Australia

use at the beginning, otherwise NO

I wrapped my baby from birth, she is 11weeks, 6.6kg. I bought the size Large (8.5 to11kg, just fit. It doesn't work for her, she tried very hard to suck her fist in her mouth which makes her super grumpy at night. She normally sleeps 7 hours straight at night, but when I used this last night she woke up 3 time... Because she gets tired of stretching. Plus I don't think it's good for baby's arm. We now go back to the traditional swaddle, she feels better. I suggest use this swaddle up product from birth, otherwise wait till baby can roll over then switch to sleeping bags.
soft material
small wings

Wean them out early

Great for newborns up to 4 months old. After that my son got way too dependent on having his arms wrapped to sleep. Also I found that even when not sleeping, his arms are constantly in the upright position. I wonder if any studies have been taken on long term effects !
I think if weaned out of the suit early enough, this issue would be avoided.
My baby sleeps so well in it
Prolonged use has bad effects

Better than nothing

Hopefullyhelpful

HopefullyhelpfulAU

OK, seems to restrict circulation to hands

See all Love to Dream Love To Swaddle UP Original reviews

Sarah W.

Sarah W.asked

We are based in Melbourne with the weather being freezing and having the thermostat set to a constant 19 degrees. What tog rating would I use and what clothes underneath?

Xanthe M.
Xanthe M.

They are thin. Probably around 2 tog thinking of my other bags. In Sydney we also have the house around 18 in winter, I put them in long sleeve arms onesie, a thick Bonds onesie and socks.

Carly G.asked

I have the swaddle up in size small for my 6 week old baby, he weighs 4kg. I have noticed that the material under the zipper is bunching up and almost pushes towards his chin. I'm worried this could be a potential hazard. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it because the swaddle is too big/small?

Sas
Sas

I have the same problem. Did you ever get an answer to this?

Carly G.

I never received an answer, however it did get better as we went up in sizes and he subsequently grew. It was only that size/age where I had the problem

Chantelle

Chantelleasked

I noticed with my little guy when he was first born I got him the small and the back of the neck used to dig into his skin and leave red marks, he would pull his arms forward and do it worse.. it wasn’t to small either.

CategoryBaby Wraps