Lowan Rice Flakes

Lowan Rice Flakes

4.9

Gonnago

GonnagoMelbourne

Where has all the Lowan gone? Lowan Rice Cereal is unobtainable lately.

Has Lowan ceased production? Their rice cereal was ideal as a gluten free product. What rice product can replace it?

Purchased in December 2018 at Woolworths Physical store.

Perfect breakfast meal

My daughter introduced this to me on my trip back to Brisbane. She microwaves 1/2 cup with water to soften & heat then adds chopped strawberries & a dollop of honey. I was intreged as I follow the Fodmap diet..I soaked mine overnight in lactose free milk then heated in the mircrowave. It's suprisingly sweet enough without adding more & with fruit it was perfect. Love this product!

Sharon T.asked

Hi everyone, does anyone have the recipe for the baked rice porridge in the oven, it was rice flakes, milk, brown sugar & vanilla essence - I just recall ratios & time in oven.

Leanne G.

Did you use Lowans' Rice Flakes as they're not available anymore. Woolies now has a substitute in Forbidden Foods Gluten Free Rice Flakes. More expensive (300gm pkt for $5) and I have found that you need almost double the amount to get the same quantity as when I used Lowans' and it leaves a bad aftertaste so I'm adding cinnamon and honey to my porridge now.

Sharon T.

Yes I used lowans in the past. I’ve purchased forbidden & was planning on using that as a substitute- I note the price difference. Have you made the baked in oven recipe ?

Bibbi

Hi you can use rice flakes or regular rice.
In a dish place half cup rice, 1cup milk, 2 tspoons sugar, pinch salt, half tsp vanilla essence.
Mix tog then top with a tiny bit of butter which will form a nice brown skin if cooked in the oven.
Enjoy

Elaine B.

Elaine B.asked

I live on central coast where can I buy Lowans rice flakes

Bibbi

Hi Elaine, as I'm aware, unfortunately Lowan Rice Flakes are no longer available anywhere due to gluten contamination. To remedy this they would need to process in separate machinery which is not cost effective. I have been purchasing Rice flakes from Affordable Whole foods, a bit more pricey but they are the same as the Lowan brand. Best of luck

Grant Kowald
Grant Kowald

Thanks for the feedback. I live near Caboolture, Qld and wondering if you know whether Affordable Whole Foods distribute stock to supermarkets in Qld?

Leanne G.

According to their website they ship to your location Grant but like Bibbi mentioned the cost is rather high. For a kg of rice flakes including shipping it's just under $20. Maybe speak to managers of your local Woolies and Coles to see if it's possible for them to stock this product. I'm sure they're well aware that Lowan's no longer supply them.

sylviab