Lowrance iFINDER H2O

Lowrance iFINDER H2O

See the Best Handheld GPS Units in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

good gps with a map

Have had this unit for 4 years in boat. Bought a navionics map and it works great for fishing and finding reefs etc. screen is small but unit versatile to use hunting too. Value for money if you want portable unit and buy

Bad

nice unit , purchased unit with my hobie kayak and have wasted the last 12 months trying to obtain land maps showing rivers etc. (kayaks don't go 50k out to sea)
to me without maps a piece of Junk may look to buying another brand or go to paper maps.
waterproof unit,good size
only costly marine maps for australia,

Have a endura safari. Used it 3 times and the on off button is broken.Called Low Canada and there standard fee is ( get this ) $199.00 to repair it,plus shipping,etc.They can kiss my [censored word removed]. Have bought many Low prod. over the years but they have lost me and my friends as costumers.I don,t have a receipt, I got it new on ebay for 175.00. See you Lowrance.

Bad

It is a nice unit, which is quite functional, the ram bracket is great when you have it in the boat, it provides the ability to move the GPS out of the way of fishing lines and cast nets etc.
I am still not 100% happy with this unit, mostly due to my inability to drive it properly. I have invested considerable time into it and generally end up frustrated and stop trying to use all its capabilities and just use the basic functions.
I must say i am not an electronic genius or wiz kid but i do struggle with it.
Recently i purchased GPS to compliment the intergrated sounder i have (Humminbird matrix-37) and i cant believe how much easier this is to operate than the H2o, i resist using the H2o unless i need to.
If hadnt bought the Huimminbird i would have rated the H2o at about 3 but now i have used both i would rate the H2o at 2 and the Humminbird at 4.
I hope this helps prospective purchasers.
I purcheased this unit because it is portable, water proof and has a good brand reputation. It also has a optional Ram bracket which i considered a good combination at the time of purchase.
It has good size screen for a hand held GPS.
This GPS has a good range of icons to depict visual waypoints.
I considered the Magellan and another at the time, although they were cheaper i was swayed by the water proof unit. i would probaly look harder at the other brands next time, and if need be buy a water proof cover for it.
This unit is quite difficult to drive, the drop down menu is ok but it takes some getting used to. The AA-battery doesnt last as long as i would like but its not a big deal.
The instruction manual needs to be read before you embark on trying to use this instriument. The map (Which i dont have) is quite expensive to cover the whole east coast of Queensland, i am not sure if it shows green zones yet.
The instruction manual should be water proof as whne i am using this GPS i am typically in the boat.

OK

good products, but wont do repairs or fix their finders and gps unless. under ..warrenty. othermakes do repairs,these units are not cheap ,and we need service back up...
handy size ,easy to use
i have soft ware problems "lowrance wont fix the problem "its throw away.