Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Lucas' Papaw Ointment Questions & Answers (page 2 of 4)

66 questions from our users

Nooby

Noobyasked

Is this good for treating insect bite marks? I have tons of them all over my legs, feet and sometimes arms.
I'm starting to loose confidence

Isha B.
Isha B.

I have the same issue, can someone answer this question? Thanks :)

John Greaves

John Greavesasked

Can Paw Paw cream be used on piles?

green_0_0_eyes

Yes, but if its painful you are best off using the appropriate cream to help with the pain which is very easy to get from any chemist. This ointment wont take the pain away, its more for rashes and to re-hydrate dry skin. It may help soothe, but if you want to alleviate pain, get the appropriate ointment from the chemist.

June

Juneasked

I have a tube of pawpaw ointment and love it.

For the first time when I squeezed the tube the bottom came unstuck. Will I be able to have the tube replaced at the supermarket?

June Hirst
21 Dalwood Close
Eleebana NSW 2282

gegoego2123

gegoego2123asked

can you put paw paw cream on leg chafe??????

Smitchy

Smitchyasked

Will Paw Paw ointment stop te itch from pruritus?

Vigieasked

Can Lucas' Papaw be used for warts that were cauterized in place of Fucidic Acid?

Jude
Jude

Sorry, I'm not sure. Have never tried it on a wart. It can go on an open cut so it can heal. I always try it first on any cut but go to prescription ointments if it doesn't work. However, it does work on minor cuts.

brian

I would recommend to go to the doctor for a wart

Vigie

I tried it on a few. I did not see an improvement.

Kylie E

Kylie Easked

Can i use pawpaw to treat thrush?

Hi
No I don't think it will get rid of thrush.
See your Dr or pharmacist to verify if it suitable to treat thrush.

You sure can

Henry.B

Henry.Basked

Can u use this for vaginal infections???

Hello Henry
I am not a healthcare professional so I am unable to answer your query.

brian

For an infection - I would highly recommend to go to the doctor. Alternatively you could try canesten anti fungal cream or mycrospore - mycrospore anti fungal cream is the best but ,it's expensive though, it's worth it and only have to apply once a day. There's other treatments as well - even if you have to see a skin specialist doctor

Meg

Megasked

Can you use this pawpaw cream on skin ulcers/rash to treat it or is this cream only to soothe the itch and keep it clean from bacteria getting into skin sores??

Cazza
Cazza

It's really greasy and I'm not an expert but I can imagine it would attract dirt & dust, so it may add to your problem and not help, get well soon!

Shell

Shellasked

would it help cracked fingers?

Jano

Definitely, even better if you use cotton gloves over night. You can by cotton gloves in Woolies

brian

It will help cracked fingers though, I've noticed invite vitamin e cream to the best to help skin problems however, the catch is - you have to continue to use it

Amber3121

Amber3121asked

Can I get a allergic reaction from using papaw ointment for my dry and chapped lips? If so what do I do?

Lee
Lee

I haven't heard of anyone getting a reaction from it. I'd suggest to check the ingredients. If you don't normally get a reaction from any of the ingredients you should be fine. After checking ingredients, if you're still unsure, try using a small amount somewhere like your arm first

No it willll heal

Che D
Che D

Yes. I used Lucas pawpaw ointment on my face last year and I came out in a huge rash. I thought it might be a coincidence, but when I tried it with another tube this winter I again felt a tingly burning sensation on my skin within seconds. I washed it off and threw it away. I haven't found anyone else with the same reaction, but it definitely was painful. And I've used petroleum jelly products on my lips before.

priya

priyaasked

Can I use the pawpaw ointment on the outer of my itching female sex organ, I feel the itchness only outside it is not itching me when I urinate, can I apply this?

Grandma1

You can for sure. I use apple cider vinegar as a wash because it is antibacterial and antifungal too but once dry some paw paw feels great. Salt baths also help but you need half a cup of salt to make it worth it so could be done as a wash before the paw paw

Arcanum

Just use plain old olive oil. I used this after childbirth. Put some oil on a cotton ball and apply. No chemicals, natural.

brian

It seems like a quack is good idea
I would highly recommend to go to the doctor - even if you have to see a female doctor.

Nadia

Nadiaasked

Can we use it for vaginal herpes??

KLH20
KLH20

No. Get to a doctor for Antibiotics

Duchess..

Duchess..asked

I cant get the tube open is there a trick ?

sandyspike
sandyspike

unscrew the cap. The closed end has an indentation same shape as the triangular piece on the tube . Place the indented cap end over the triangular piece on the tube and screw off. Easy
Hope you can follow that

Youcan

Youcanasked

Can I use this for infected nose piercings or is it dangerous?

Grandma1

The Paw Paw will not clear the infection but is completely safe for use on the face. It's great for lips or any dry skin areas. If you want a natural antibacterial product try apple cider vinegar. You can buy it for about $5 in the supermarket where the other vinegars are. You can dilute 2 tablespoons in half a cup of warm water. Or use half a tablespoon of salt in 2 cups of water.

Tarc

Tarcasked

I have a corn on my foot and toes and have a verruca, does this ointment work?

Grandma1

Lucas Paw Paw might help soften skin of your corn. The thickening is caused by pressure not dryness so how effective it would be is unclear. But using a corn file then putting Paw Paw onto the clean dry area as a strong moisturiser could be benificial. The verucca is viral and due to pressure grows into your foot. So I don't think Paw Paw would be of benifit. Your body should over time resolve the verucca itself. But a trip to the Chiropidist could be in order to discuss freeze sprays and other treatment options. Just remember never to use a corn file on your verucca as they are 2 different causes resulting in 2 different structures. Filing a verucca could make it spread or risk infection.

Hunty

Huntyasked

I used a hair removal cream and after it left me with red burns and boils. Will paw paw ointment heal it and if so how long would it take if applied daily?

Megsie

I'm not sure as I'm not a doctor. If it's bad you need to see a doctor. I found it to be soothing and it healed my cold sore quicker than normal by a few days.

Reeves

Again I'm not sure either but I know you can use this if you have heat burnes by a fan oven when opening the oven door like I did once and it reduced the redness out of the burn and soothed it quickly but I'd check with your doctor before applying first. Hope this helps.

brian

15 plus grade manuka honey should help with that but, if symptoms persist or worsen - feel free to go to the local doctor

Tash

Tashasked

Is it safe to put Lucas papaw ointment inside my dry nose?

Megsie

I don't know, haven't a clue.

Pamela Atkin
Pamela Atkin

Yes it is very safe I have done it numerous times and there has been no reaction

Arcanum

Just use a bit of olive oil on a cotton bud.

Joanna.Stilinskiasked

So i have a problem with cold sores and i just started using pawpaw cream yesterday and i was wondering how long does it take to heal? because in 3 days i have a prize giving and im receiving an award and they take photos and i do not want to go on stage and take a photo with a cold sore on my face! please help me asap!!!

Reeves

Yes you can use this to help heal the sores and most types of skin conditions. Try applying it at night and leave it to soak in while you sleep and apply daily as to time I have personally not used it for this issue myself so can't answer that question but if you go on google and type it in as a question including the product name you may be able to get an answer if someone else has already used it for cold sores in the past. Hope this helps you.

Joanna.Stilinski

thanks so much i really appreciate it :)

green_0_0_eyes

You are best off using zovirax which you can get at any chemist which is specifically made for cold sores. Lucas paw paw is not made for cold sores and may assist with healing but wont work as quick as zovirax which i find stops the growth of cold sores. If zovirax is used when you start to get tingles, in most cases the cold sore wont break, but if it does its minimal and is no where near as painful. I would use zovirax over paw paw any day as its made specially for cold sores.

Johnny

Johnnyasked

What's the shelf life on this product? Mine only says it will expire on Feb. 19, but didn't say the year.

Pam
Pam

I think that means Feb 2019. It's giving you month and year respectively.