3Lucas' Papaw Ointment

Lucas' Papaw Ointment Questions & Answers (page 3)

🏆 2024 Award
Brand Manager for Lucas' Papaw Remedies? Claim your listing.
priya
priya

Can I use the pawpaw ointment on the outer of my itching female sex organ, I feel the itchness only outside it is not itching me when I urinate, can I apply this?

Grandma1

You can for sure. I use apple cider vinegar as a wash because it is antibacterial and antifungal too but once dry some paw paw feels great. Salt baths also help but you need half a cup of salt to make it worth it so could be done as a wash before the paw paw

Arcanum

Just use plain old olive oil. I used this after childbirth. Put some oil on a cotton ball and apply. No chemicals, natural.

brian

It seems like a quack is good idea

I would highly recommend to go to the doctor - even if you have to see a female doctor.

Nadia
Nadia

Can we use it for vaginal herpes??

KLH20
KLH20

No. Get to a doctor for Antibiotics

Duchess..
Duchess..

I cant get the tube open is there a trick ?

sandyspike
sandyspike

unscrew the cap. The closed end has an indentation same shape as the triangular piece on the tube . Place the indented cap end over the triangular piece on the tube and screw off. Easy

Hope you can follow that

Youcan
Youcan

Can I use this for infected nose piercings or is it dangerous?

Grandma1

The Paw Paw will not clear the infection but is completely safe for use on the face. It's great for lips or any dry skin areas. If you want a natural antibacterial product try apple cider vinegar. You can buy it for about $5 in the supermarket where the other vinegars are. You can dilute 2 tablespoons in half a cup of warm water. Or use half a tablespoon of salt in 2 cups of water.

Tarc
Tarc

I have a corn on my foot and toes and have a verruca, does this ointment work?

Grandma1

Lucas Paw Paw might help soften skin of your corn. The thickening is caused by pressure not dryness so how effective it would be is unclear. But using a corn file then putting Paw Paw onto the clean dry area as a strong moisturiser could be benificial. The verucca is viral and due to pressure grows into your foot. So I don't think Paw Paw would be of benifit. Your body should over time resolve the verucca itself. But a trip to the Chiropidist could be in order to discuss freeze sprays and other treatment options. Just remember never to use a corn file on your verucca as they are 2 different causes resulting in 2 different structures. Filing a verucca could make it spread or risk infection.

Hunty
Hunty

I used a hair removal cream and after it left me with red burns and boils. Will paw paw ointment heal it and if so how long would it take if applied daily?

Megsie

I'm not sure as I'm not a doctor. If it's bad you need to see a doctor. I found it to be soothing and it healed my cold sore quicker than normal by a few days.

Reeves

Again I'm not sure either but I know you can use this if you have heat burnes by a fan oven when opening the oven door like I did once and it reduced the redness out of the burn and soothed it quickly but I'd check with your doctor before applying first. Hope this helps.

brian

15 plus grade manuka honey should help with that but, if symptoms persist or worsen - feel free to go to the local doctor

Tash
Tash

Is it safe to put Lucas papaw ointment inside my dry nose?

Megsie

I don't know, haven't a clue.

Pamela Atkin
Pamela Atkin

Yes it is very safe I have done it numerous times and there has been no reaction

Arcanum

Just use a bit of olive oil on a cotton bud.

Joanna.Stilinski

So i have a problem with cold sores and i just started using pawpaw cream yesterday and i was wondering how long does it take to heal? because in 3 days i have a prize giving and im receiving an award and they take photos and i do not want to go on stage and take a photo with a cold sore on my face! please help me asap!!!

Reeves

Yes you can use this to help heal the sores and most types of skin conditions. Try applying it at night and leave it to soak in while you sleep and apply daily as to time I have personally not used it for this issue myself so can't answer that question but if you go on google and type it in as a question including the product name you may be able to get an answer if someone else has already used it for cold sores in the past. Hope this helps you.

Joanna.Stilinski

thanks so much i really appreciate it :)

green_0_0_eyes
green_0_0_eyes

You are best off using zovirax which you can get at any chemist which is specifically made for cold sores. Lucas paw paw is not made for cold sores and may assist with healing but wont work as quick as zovirax which i find stops the growth of cold sores. If zovirax is used when you start to get tingles, in most cases the cold sore wont break, but if it does its minimal and is no where near as painful. I would use zovirax over paw paw any day as its made specially for cold sores.

Gabby S.

Get yourself a bottle of Super Lysine cold sore relief OTC tablets from your local chemist. I am prone to the occasional flare up and as soon as I get that little tingle on my lip I take about 4 with my morning cuppa. Usually, I find the cold sore does not materialise at all, or at the very least it might be an invisible little lump that only I am aware of. All gone in 2 days. These tablets are also great to just take at times when you might feel a bit run down or stressed. However, the most important thiing is to get started the very minute you feel the first symptom. The instructions advise you to continue treatment for a few days after the worst part is over just to make sure the flare has totally cleared up. I don't usually find I have to do this, however. All the best and I hope this helps you.

Johnny
Johnny

What's the shelf life on this product? Mine only says it will expire on Feb. 19, but didn't say the year.

Pam
Pam

I think that means Feb 2019. It's giving you month and year respectively.

joanna
joanna

Does Paw Paw work on school sores?

Joanna.Stilinski

school sores you say! absolutely YES they do!! and believe it or not i had major school sores all over my face and in 3 - 4 days it healed and it was gone and i was ready to go back to school! :)

bulounabati
bulounabati

Is pawpaw cream for a 2 month old baby??...my baby has skin red rashes and boils for weeks now and I've tried many creams but nothing works...please advice

Jessica Nguyen
Jessica Nguyen

On the package, it says you can use it on nappy rashes. So should be all good!

Annie
Annie

Has anyone used this for shingles rash? I am using it as I use it for all other ailments. But would welcome advise

brian

I've got heat rash and I place curash cream or dematazen cream but , it's not infected - if the area of skin is infected then I would recommend to go to the doctor.

Leah98

Thoughts on using paw paw on scalp pscoriasis? Haven't used it just wondering if it might help. My pscoriasis isn't severe but irritating and itchy. I use novosone lotion every night but need something to relieve the day time itch and possibly flakes?

Hi Leah98.

I think Lucas paw paw ointment is just the thing for your psoriasis.Its emolient qualities will soothe the itch of dry flaking skin and also it will benefit to use it as a emulsifier of the removal of the build up of the scaling of your skin. So soft and gentle the texture is really tactile and. It also helps to protect your skin from it breaking down further. feels wonderful when you apply it .The only downfall is that it may make your hair look greasy ,but if you can style your hair in a way that it hides this then you will be fine.

Good Luck Did

Cindy

Hi Leah, I suffer mildly from psoriasis, and i use the pawpaw ointment for it. I encourage you to try it, it cant hurt you.

Good luck

Cynthia

Leah98

Thanks for the responses definatly trying it now.

Debbie
Debbie

I use Nizoral shampoo twice weekly with the lotion at night. Great result with Nizoral 2%, expensive but lasts a while. I have used this product for 15 years and would never change.

Gabby S.

That's good to know. I am desperate. I am on a tapered dose of Prednisolone atm but it hasn't helped. The next thing may have to be a biopsy to check that what I have IS actually scalp psoriasis as it is a little unclear what I have. But I can tell you this, it is red raw, itchy as hell, sore and lumpy. I scratch all day every day and wake at night scratching. I can't stop.

Jill

My 13 year old dog has a sore eye that crusts and sticks shut if i don't clean with boiled salt wayer daily. Can i use paw paw ointment on it?

Hi Jill

What you are doing is exactly right but you may need to take your dog to the Vet as your dog may have an eye infection such as conjunctivitis.The pawpaw ointment may be helpful in softening the really hardened crusting but should be removed you could apply as a softening agent then clean with the cooled boiled salty water.Hope this is helpful .Also now that your dog is a little older he/she tear ducts may not be working so well so a lubricating solution might help.Let me know how you go.

DID

Cindy

I personally would use paw paw ointment on my dog yes, as it only contains natural product. However, if the issue still persists after 3 dsys, you need to see your vet. Good luck.

Jill

Salt water or contact wash is working well along with paw paw ointment now and again. The ointment helps clear crust on outer eye.

Jill

What is the best lubricating drops for dry eye.

Naim' mom
Naim' mom

I put the ointment on my baby's (4 month) eyes closed by mistake. She was sleeping and I cleaned with the baby's wipes. Should I go to see a doctor?

did

You really shouldn.t put any ointments near baby eyes especially if you have not used the product before there is always a possibility that you baby may have a reaction to it .Even though lucas papaw oint is a great product for little rashes and dry skin be careful when using it on your brand new baby always try on small area firstJust stick with cooled boiled water with cotton ball is probably best. Regards Did

poochmalone
poochmalone

Babies are tougher than they seem. A little paw paw ointment won't kill em. Trust me, I've tried.

bhaskar
bhaskar

what is the price?

brian

A small tube is about 5 dollars or so last time I checked though if there is bigger tubes they are likely to be more money so check with a stockist of Lucas paw paw cream at maybe a chemist or you could check online on the internet perhaps you could find a better deal though with low priced items they would be the delivery charges so it's best to go into a Lucas paw paw cream stockist unless you are planning to buy in bulk though it's best to test the product by buying up to 75 grams worth to see if it helps your skin problems

esuanderson
esuanderson

Can I use lucas papaw to treat bed sores?

brian

Not sure as I have never had a bed sore though it might be similar to a rash so there is no harm in trying it on the bed sore to see if it helps

did

Bed sores are all about pressure so if you can relieve the pressure this will help heal the area as this wiil help the circulation .If the skin is broken or dry Lucas' pawpaw ointment is an excellent barrier and moisturiser for skin ,So with the combination of both hopefully you can heal this area Good Luck

Did

Maureen Tanner
Maureen Tanner

Can you give me the price of 75 gr Lucas Paw Paw?

brian

The small one is about 5 dollars though it depends what you want to use the paw paw cream for

brian

Actually I can't say actually as I only bought the small pack tube / 75 grams sounds like a fair bit of cream / if you like you contact a shop that stocks it to answer that question / I found Lucas paw paw cream not as good as I hoped though it won't do any harm to try a big pack

Princess
Princess

Can I use papaw ointment on fungal infection in different body parts??? will it be cured with this ointment...plz help

brian

No don't use anything other than doctors prescribed medications / I had fungus on my.skin so the doctor prescribed a hydrozole cream manufactured by glaxosmithkline after that I went back to the doctor and the doctor prescribed a fungus cream called certain or name beginning with c @ it's quite common that cream and it cleared up the fungus infection though the sneaky fungus moved to another area so the doctor prescribed microspore @ it's more expensive and someone just has to put it once a day @ the fungus infection which was originally caused by me getting itchy and scratching is not a thing of the past just a distant memory / the microspore is just under 20 dollars for a tube though it's worth every dollar

brian

Bayer also makes a anti itch and fungal infections treatment as well / it's best to see a doctor or a Chinese herbalist might be able to help you with the fungus infection

sherina
sherina

Hi! I am based in Hong Kong, I have experience of fungal or yeast infection at my V area. I am tired to use medicine from doctor, so I try apply Lucas Papaw cream. I feel better now.

Richard Moormann
Richard Moormann

Someone told me she used pawpaw cream on her psoriasis and it cleared up.I have a few patches of psoriasis and have applied the cream to them and it seems to be helping. Do people use this cream to clear up psoriasis?

brian

It Lucas paw paw cream does help though the Macarthur paw paw complete care product works even better / it takes weeks to work though even though it costs about 70 dollars to buy I consider it to be worth every dollar spent on the Macarthur paw paw complete care cream

brian

Brau creams work well as well / I found that Lucas paw paw cream doesn't work in hurry

brian

It depends what you mean by clear up / Lucas paw paw cream will help though not that much

brian

I would like to add that Macarthur paw paw complete care cream actually makes the situation worse at first though rest assured it's the best cream I have ever used though I don't like their dispenser unit as it broke on me

brian

My suggestion is that you buy at least 75 grams worth and keep using it to see if it helps because as paw paw cream tries to get rid of the toxins in the skin it usually takes about 3 weeks to a month to start working so it's best to buy a at least about 75 grams of Lucas paw paw cream to see if it helps the psoriasis problem though be aware you have to apply it to clean skin at least 2 to 3 times a day though 5 times a day applying any type of cream is even better

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Lucas' Papaw Remedies? Claim your listing.
ProductReview.com.au award logo

Lucas' Papaw Ointment is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023. Learn more