3Lucas' Papaw Ointment

🏆 2024 Award
3Lucas' Papaw Ointment
4.5

87% · 40835 · 7%
Brand Manager for Lucas' Papaw Remedies? Claim your listing.

bubblebee_123
bubblebee_123Perth, WA4 posts

A handy product

It's a handy product to keep in your bag or take on holiday, but I don't see what the hype is about it as a lip balm. Great for cuts, but I didn't enjoy it as a lip balm. Show details
Ruth
RuthNZ4 posts

Soothing & wonderful, but not good if hoping will fight infection

I love this for soothing and helping heal scratches/minor wounds, skin irritation, and bites/stings. From my experience don't use this if the area is starting to get a little infected - I've found on more than one occasion not at all effective in fighting the infection (tip: colloidal silver cream is excellent for that - a natural antibiotic & works great on say a scratch or cactus spine puncture that's red & inflamed). I also found Papaw did not soothe minor burns (& with the high petroleum jelly component prob isn't a good idea to use it on burns) but I would still always have some on hand - for eg best thing I've found for fresh cat scratches. :)

russnic25
russnic258 posts

This stuff is great. Best for cracked and raspberry lips

I was recommended this for my son who licks his lips as a stress thing at school causing them to go red and crack. This has been the best thing for it.

jll
jll

can't live without it

Been using Lucas pawpaw ointment for really dry skin its great I love it I put it on everyday skin is a lot smoother and not itchy I Weill continue using it

Zoe B
Zoe BAU7 posts

Its the BEST

Lucas' Papaw is the greatest multi-use product i own. I have a tube of it in my work desk, handbag and nightstand. I find it great for dry lips, insect bites, grazes and nail cuticles.

Eshy G
Eshy GSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Love it. Helps with dry lips and even cuts

I can use this for literally anything and it's so useful. I love it so much. Had cuts on my thigh when I tripped and fell over in a bush, used this and my cuts were healed the next day.

green_0_0_eyes
green_0_0_eyesSydney, NSW14 posts

Bianca Carson
Bianca Carson7 posts

Perfect

Nothing better then being able to pull out my paw paw ointment and the best part is it's versatile i use it for everything and when my baby has nappy rash aswell.

Buddy
BuddySouth East Queensland, QLD37 posts

Introduced when I was breastfeeding

My sister gave me a pot of Lucas Pawpaw Ointment almost 20 years ago when I was still in hospital after the birth of my daughter.

She suggested I use it on my sore nipples. It worked a treat and I’ve used it ever since for itches, dry skin and lips.

Would recommend to anyone and especially like having a handy tube in my handbag.

Ragi
RagiAdelaide9 posts

Excellent stuff, I use it for many things so does like everyone else in my family. Always carry one in my bag when I can, excellent to have on for small things.

Caligirl
Caligirl

Perfect product,,

Excellent product. We use it for our lips and elbows. It is great for itchy skin and minor cuts. I would highly recommend this product to anyone. It is affordable and available at most grocery stores and chemists.

Treeds
TreedsMelbourne4 posts

Cost Effective Product that Works!

Have used this product for years.

Great all rounder for itchy skin, burns, scratches, mozzie bites, lips & even for kids & pets.

Have one in my bag, bathroom & car. Very affordable.

mallymuff
mallymuffGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC138 posts

A must have in my cupboard

I've been using Lucas paw paw ointment for many years for itchy skin, as soon as I apply it the itching stops. It is just so reliable to have handy, is cheap and natural, I wouldn't be without it. So many other products claim to do this or that and nearly always fail I find, but not this ointment. I love it.

Juanita
JuanitaRichmond-Tweed, NSW9 posts

Loved this

I have been through 3 tubes now, it is always in my handbag. Perfect for my lips and dry elbows but i also use it for so many other reasons as well. The kids also like it and we use for first aid as well. The scent and feel of it are great.

Olga
OlgaMENAI15 posts

First aid

I use Lucas' Papaw Ointment as a first aid for all the family, even for pats. The texture is really thick and oily but it's OK. It works really well on rash, burns, scratches. Happy with results. Must have one!

Ford
FordMelbourne9 posts

Two or Three Tubes (or Tubs) On The Go At Any Time

I have been using Lucas' Papaw Ointment for years and on anything from dry skin to burns to cuts. I currently have a tube in my bag and one in the car, and a small tub on my bedhead. I love the smell and texture and I believe this natural fruit derivative has magic healing properties for all manner of skin irritations and injuries - although I've never tried it on a bruise. The tube size is good and is reasonably priced. It also lasts a long time. The only downside is that it is very oily and takes a while to soak in, so I always make a mess of the steering wheel! But my skin feels super soft and moisturised after. Highly recommended.

Sharni
SharniGold Coast9 posts

Perfect for cracked lips

Everyone I know recommends this and I can see why! Handy for those with cracked lips, and for minor cuts and scraps. Product is a bit thick, sticky and oily hence probably not best for face use except on the lips. Very affordable and handy to carry around. What I like most about it is that it contains papaya and is an Australia company/product

Jude
JudeSouth East Queensland, QLD27 posts

Great stuff!

Always keep a pot of this in my medicine cupboard and a tube in my handbag. Great for small burns as it stops the pain and the skin from blistering. Great for itchy skin and rashes, dry skin and small cuts. Best lip balm ever as it lasts for hours and is soothing on dry lips. Lucas PawPaw Ointment works when other products don't.

ARD
ARDSydney6 posts

Can't live without it!

This product is cheap, easy to use, compact and effective. I use it on my lips generally however has come in handy for small scratches and chaffing on my baby. The package is distinct and easy to find in your handbag.

rails
railsulverstone19 posts

Amazing!

Lucas papaw ointment is Fantastic whether its for sore or dry lips.. great for dry elbows.. Your cracked heals.. even great for chafing. .always have one handy in the medicine draw and carry one in my handbag...

Krystal
KrystalSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Ideal

Love this product, it comes in a compact red tube, easy to use, cheap price, available at almost any store. The papaw ingredient is very versatile. I use it on my lips when i have cracked lips, heals within within 24 hours. It has a pleasant smell. I use it on scars, i use it on cuts.

Susan
SusanCapalaba4 posts

Handy bag size

I have a handy size in my desk at work, you never know when you will scratch or cut yourself and it goes on easy and aids with healing. I also have it at home and in my car.

Tile
TileCentral West133 posts

Fantastic All-rounder!

I have been using Lucas' Papaw Ointment for quite a number of years now & I can definitely say that it is one of the most versatile healing products I have ever used. From dry, chapped lips through to cuts & scratches, it is an awesome product. I also apply it on my cuticles before bed if they are rough.

It is available in different sizes which is great, but I prefer to buy the small tube because a) it fits in my handbag perfectly & 2) it's more hygienic than the tub.

I highly recommend this product as it's suitable for a wide variety of uses.

Gracie
GracieQueensland7 posts

nothing magical

Not really sure if it's extremely if at all better than regular vaseline? Not quite sure what the fuss is about. Very handy in cold weather and the packaging is convenient. A tube goes a long way.

SLiu
SLiu6 posts

Hydrating and soothing

Excellent ointment and moisturises to soft lips. Its a must have during the winter months and I use it as a multi functional product when I travel - as a lip balm, hand moisturiser and cut protectant

Georgie S
Georgie SAU4 posts

Perfect for chap lips

The product clears chap lips within a few days. Excellent for moisturising lips and great for sensitive skin. I also used it on my super dry elbows and it fixed the problem in about a week

Ellejay
EllejaySydney25 posts

Great for sensitive, dry skin

After a home upper lip wax job gone wrong (dry, irritated, flaking skin), I used some of this. It has improved my skin in less than a day without further irritation to already angry skin. I just kept applying every time my skin felt dry again. Great product with many different uses, a must have!

Mim
MimMELBOURNE7 posts

Soft and smooth lips

I have used this product on my lips for the whole of winter as I usually get dry, cracked lips. It is amazing and has kept my lips plump and moist. The only downfall is that I it blocks the tiny pores around my mouth and I tend to get the odd pimple. Otherwise, brilliant!

Adella
AdellaMelbourne

Very hydrating!

Although it has a weird smell. Lucas paw pas truly does the work. I use it to moisture my lips before I go to sleep or before wearing matte lipstick, my lips become soft and plump, love it!

santo
santoVIC, 31487 posts

this is good natural ointment

love this product , its good , we buy more after 1st use and its cheap

absolutely love lucas pawpaw ointment ,not the other brand.I am also use for my dry skin and cracked feet

it works.

Cazza
CazzaPerth, WA48 posts

Not for me!

Sorry to say but I find this grease & sticky overload, I wouldn't mind that if I felt it did me some benefit to my skin, but it just made me feel horrible & dirty, sorry give me Vaseline any day, not a winner for me.

Leigh
LeighNSW, 256015 posts

Must have ointment in any home!

I absolutely love Lucas' Papaw Ointment! So great to use for anything! When my kids were babies, it was the best product for nappy rash, worked better than nappy rash creams. Recently I bought more to use for cracked lips. I love the fact that it treats and acts as a barrier for rashes etc. It's great value for money as you don't need to use a lot at a time so it lasts a long time. You can buy small tube or larger tub

Tish
Tish

It does what it needs to do!

Lifesaver for chapped lips, dry skin (that appears flakey over make up) and it even helped the eczema in my hands heal faster! One small tube had also lasted me over 2 years! Good purchase.

susie
susiebrisbane4 posts

Awesome!

Really cheap and love the way it can be used for anything, from allergies to dry skin and lips. Been loyal for many years, truly amazing product for every situation

Katiep
Katiep5 posts

Love this

My mother in law got me into this and I've been using it ever since! Ive got probably 8 tubes all around the place. I find it's really good for nappy rash and dry lips, also I use it on my fingertips

Daisy L
Daisy LMelbourne2 posts

Just alright..nothing special about it

After hearing how good this ointment is on several social medias, I had decided to give it a try. My lips often get very dried during winter so I put some on several hours before bed time and left it overnight. Nothing changed the day after when I washed it off, my lips were still pretty dry...

Jing
JingPerth2 posts

Does the job!

Winter is here, what should I turn to to help with my dry skin/lips? I decided to try Papaw Ointment out as I have seen many people use it in the past for similar reasons. Honestly, once applying the ointment, the area of concern does ease itchiness/irritation right away for me. If the first application doesn't work, then once applying a second time...the job is done after that. I do feel that Pawpaw is good in providing consistent moisture. Really helpful especially during the drier winter months.

Sue
SueSouth Australia, 51699 posts

It does the job

I mean for a basic balm, this one does the job.

I don't know if there are any major benefits from using this one versus any other balms or cremes, but I do like the consistency.

But it is a bit pricey for something so basic. I'm not sure I would buy regularly, but I would use if I had it

ANTOINETTE
ANTOINETTESouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

STICK TO VASELINE (CHEAPER)

I always use to use vaseline for my lips during winter, I thought i might try the papaw, i applied it to my lips and the next day my lips started to get dry very easily and i had to apply almost every bloody hour!!!! Wouldnt recommend it.

Ric
RicAspendale Gardens9 posts

Quite good

As far as lip balms go it's quite good, doesn't dry out like some do. The packaging looks fancier than Vaseline which probably adds some appeal but does what it's supposed to do and that's keeping lips moisturised!

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Lucas' Papaw Remedies? Claim your listing.