Lux Soap

Lux Soap

See the Best Hand Washes & Soaps in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Lux? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (0)
Sandra A.
Sandra A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad for skin and not made in Australia anymore

I used to love lux soaps and used them for close to 8 years but later found out they charged their ingredients, I can only guess to make them cheaper. Saddened that they’re also made in China and use a lot of synthetic ingredients, I wanted natural soap for my skin. I ended up switching to Veldere soaps instead Which aren’t as cheap as lux soaps but they last longer and do a better job

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for $3.60.

Causes Irritation Yes
JOSEPH BECHARA
JOSEPH BECHARAsydney

Used to be heaps better and more fragrent in it

it has been like 2 years since i used lux soap but just bought it again from big w and it does not smell at all. it is as cheap and not smelly as the aldi brand soap. no way. i am changing my soaps again.

Purchased for $4.50.

Paul Hogan
Paul HoganNSW, 2060

Another Product Made In China

You have to be kidding me !.

I'm recently back from many years living in the UK, used Lux here up to 1998, used Lux in the UK for 17 years, back to Australia in 2016 and now Lux is made in China.

The only reason I found out was because I came out in a rash just after using it and checked the pack.

One can only dream of what illegal chemicals the chinese may have added to poor old Lux.

Lux soap

It just dries out my skin, it's not good soap at all, if you wanna test that, alright, use it for few days, and after a month or so, you will see cracks developed in soap, I would say, if a soap itself can't be good how is going to keep our skin healthy??

Hand Washes & Soaps

Find out how Lux Soap compares to other Hand Washes & Soaps

bad soap and I'm changing brands

I am changing brands finally. Your soaps are getting smaller AND they shrink in size in three (3) days and wash away very quickly so I'm constantly buying new packs of 8. Not good. I want a soap that lasts more than a week and has powerful cleansing qualities. Bye Lux.

Druh
DruhBrisbane

Crap at Best...

Lux lavender soap bar caused the tattoo on my leg to raise up and cause eczema... It was raised and ugly and caused me to scratch to my wits end. The only thing that eased that pain was 100% pure coconut oil.
I was not home and did not have access to my regular organic soap...Tsk tsk lux - this occurred on three consecutive mornings - with extreme agitation to 3/4 of my leg. Never again, never!
So what's in your soap bars these days that cause such a reaction?

Lily2010
Lily2010

Terrible

This is a cheap, basic soap. We brought a bunch of the purple bars (lavender?) because they were cheap. This soap smells mildly of soap and flowers, and is not unpleasant. I found it lathered easily and well, and cleaned my skin well. However it does (like a lot of bar soaps) leave my skin feeling drier after. After a few weeks use my sister and I have both found that it has caused acne breakouts on our chest and back, so have stopped using it. Now we have many bars left we don't want to use.
It is inexpensive and available everywhere
Left skin feeling drier, caused acne breakouts

rw2830
rw2830North Western Region, NSW

Terrible

I guess you get what you pay for. It is a cheap product and it dries out my skin and won't even use this on my face. I will not be purchasing this product again. I would not recommend this product to any body.
It is cheap. It has a range of lovely fragrances and it lathers well.
I find that it dries out my skin. Also that it looses its fragrance after a few washes so you end up having to throw out the soap bar. As it dries out my body I wont try it on my face.

torilangley
torilangley

Terrible

A cheap and nasty product, it dries out skin so much that it left mine peeling and red. Only pros is that it is easy to find at all supermarkets. If you can though avoid it and buy something thats worth your money.
Cheap
Rough on skin, dries it out. Runs out really quickly

Hand Washes & Soaps

Find out how Lux Soap compares to other Hand Washes & Soaps

Margaret8Steel
Margaret8Steel

Terrible

i was looking for a soap with a lather and remembered away back that lux was in that category, However I am really disappointed and won't even open the second packet.

has lost quality, drying, poor.disappointing