Lux Soap

Lux Soap

See the Best Hand Washes & Soaps in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Lux? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Julie
JulieSydney

Smells good but leaves sticky feeling

I love Lux when I was in my teens but it has changed through the years. Now that I am a mum, I usually buy them but not for daily use. The petal touch and the soft and creamy scents are good but they leave a very sticky feeling after lathering. It seems to be full of muck and sticky ingredients. It maybe the moisturizers but I did not like it as compared to what I smell and feel before, the skin feels silkier without all that sticky feeling before compared to the new formula.

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great family soap for the entire family

This is a great soap which has been around for a long time and it smells great and is a great soap to rely on. The fragrances arent too strong and its easy to use this soap for everyday use anytime of the year. I like the fact that this soap doesnt melt in the water like another well known moisturising soap and it doesnt loose its shape. Overall this is a great soap that I can depend on because its easily found in the shops and it really is pretty good value for money.
This is a good soap which I find doesnt really dry out my skin and its smells great too.
It is a soap so if you want a soap free product with more moisturising, then this isnt it.

lil_lazza
lil_lazza

OK

good soap with nice fragrance, its cheap and does the job, personally i wouldnt recommend it for people with sensitive skins
does the job, removed dirt and oil from the skin. Leaves skin feeling clean and soft. cheap, available in bulk packs and has a nice fragrance
Dried out skin quite alot and left it feeling tight

seashelle
seashelle

OK

This soap has a fragrance but it is still a pleasant one. All of them are quite nice, but I prefer the pink one the best. Fresh and awakening. They are very affordable and great for people with normal skin. However as I have sensitive excma skin I prefer the non soap bath and shower gels like Cetaphil and QV (out of the drugstore brands). For it's cost, this is a great soap, for people who use soaps.
Smells nice, slightly moisturising, very affordable. Great product for it's price.
However, not moisturising enough for very dry or sensitive skin.

Hand Washes & Soaps

Find out how Lux Soap compares to other Hand Washes & Soaps

toni_nakama
toni_nakamaNSW, 2035

OK

My mom and my sister love Lux soap. If only it can maintain the moisture of my skin and make it hypo-allergenic so that even consumers with sensitive skin like me can use it regularly, I would have chosen this soap for my regular use and that of my entire family.
Lux Soap is one of the cheapest brand of bath soap in the market. This appeals most especially to old ones. This is because Lux has been in the market for decades! A reliable soap brand I should say in terms of cleansing properties, scent and being economical.
I cannot use Lux for a long period of time because I have a very sensitive skin and it makes my skin dry and irritated.

babyblade86
babyblade86

OK

A good soap for the family as it smells great and is cheap to buy. Good for normal skin types but I wouldn't recommend using as a face soap as it leaves my face feeling dry and tight.
Very cheap; comes in packs of 5; various scents that smell great; good on skin
if i used on my face it would leave my skin dry and tight

marcel148
marcel148Australia

OK

Overall is good but just becasuse of the smell. The smell after shower combined with the steam in the bathroom is very refreshing. To save up some money but need extra scrubbing, you can alternate the use of these soap bar and liquid soap.
The soap is cheap when you buy in bulk, I think it's only cost 30-40 cent each.I like the different scents they have, especially the rose petal (pink colour).
The soap bar is easy to dry out, crack after using it for a while. Not producing alot of bubbles when it is wetted with water.

Hithere12
Hithere12AU

OK

This soap has been around for years and is so cheap and available absolutly everywhere. I love using all the different scents available and that they are enriched with different essential oils to stimulate all of your different senses. It is nice and creamy and lathers up really well. Does a good job of making you feel totally clean and refreshed. The only downfall is it drys out my skin a bit therefore leaving me a bit itchy. Its a great overall soap but not so good for sensitive skins.
Comes in a great range of different scents and comes in handy bulk packs. One of the cheapest going.
Not so good for sensitive skin as it can be a bit drying.

Vespera
Vespera

OK

It's a good run of the mill family soap, if it's a typical family looking for it. It should suit most skin types, though it may be a bit drying for the senstive skinned people. It lasts quite a long time though, so it would be economical to have as a normal bar soap alternative to body wash types.
It smells quite nice, feels like a typical old-fashioned type of bar soap. It's also quite cheap, especially since they're nearly always sold in value packs.
It fully 'melts' when left wet, breaks and chips quite easily, and cracks when it starts to try.

Hand Washes & Soaps

Find out how Lux Soap compares to other Hand Washes & Soaps

bunnimon
bunnimon

OK

I don't like to use Lux soap in the shower because it becomes soggy and flaky if it is left in the soap tray which is just inconvenient. When it dries out it often cracks which makes it unpleasant to use next time. Not a huge fan of bar soap, as I prefer shower gel or body wash, but it is still handy to have around.
Good simple nice smelling soap to have on the hand basin. Lasts a long time. Fair price. Doesn't seem to be hard to find anywhere.
A bit old fashioned, it just reminds me of my grandmother's house. Not great to use in the shower.

fingaltracy
fingaltracyNSW, 2315

OK

I purchased a pack of Petal Touch soap for the guests shower when visitors came,I found it to be a bit messy in the shower dish and seemed to become quite a soft soap once used a couple of times.My children have used it in the bath also and its a good size for smaller hands but once again it did seem to get too soft to quickly.Left a really nice smell on their clean skin and did not dry it out at all.
Pleasant smelling soap, nice hand size soap.
Tends to go a bit slimy in the soap tray in the shower.