Mable Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Mable

6 questions from our users

Kathleen B.
Kathleen B.asked

I rang Mable to make a complaint about a worker and the person who took my call couldn't find my file. So I couldn't register my complaint...

MableMableSend a private message

Thanks Kathleen. We've been able to locate your profile and we apologise again for any confusion. We'll be able to look into this further and can you please send us an email at info@mable.com.au? We look forward to your response.

Sally
Sallyasked

Why do you need to get a police check with Mabel if you already have a current one?

Traveller
Travellerasked

I was looking into becoming a Support Worker and checked out the Mabel platform and was horrified. It's like seems to use the Air BnB /Uber model of "limited care and no responsibility "to both to workers who register with them and to people with disability needing support. "We just put people in contact". You are not a "worker" for Mable, you are basically a sub-contractor which means Mable is trying to weazle of any responsibility for workplace safety and safety of clients (except for the most basic provision of Police Check and WCC). But unlike Air BnB and Uber you are dealing with vulnerable people which should place an even greater duty of care and responsibility on the online platform. I want to know how many clients have been abused or sexually harrassed by "workers". Where is their transparency? I want to know how many workers have been ripped off? How many have been injured or not been paid decently? Please do NOT check their permission to collect sensitive information tick box before reading through their privacy policy very carefully. In my view it basically gives them almost free carte-blanch to share your personal information to many third parties including advertisers etc and you can do virtually nothing about it. As soon as I read this policy I immediately deleted all my information and did not proceed any further. I then when looking for reviews. It seems not only make money charging out support workers who don't even work for them It's an online site that gathers your VERY personal information to sell and make profit as well. It seems to me that it's basically a marketing company that puts their own profits before the safety of workers and clients. Reading the reviews and experiences of workers and clients above have only further convinced me of this. I would not be surprised if Mable finds themselves in court just like Uber has on many occasions on breaches of workplace safety and if workers are subcontracters or employees etc. I really wish there was an ethical place for people with disabilities to get the support they need safely and for workers to be paid decently with decent conditions. Any ideas I'd love to hear.

Karen
Karen
Jenny C.
Jenny C.asked

Thankfully I read the Mable reviews before signing up with them as I want to self manage my parents HCPs when they get funded. Has anyone had a good experience with a provider on the Gold Coast for in home dementia related support services?

Jenny C.
Jenny C.asked

Thank goodness I read the Mable reviews as I want to self manage my parents HCPs. I won't be using this mob.

Shirley Smith Pochee
Shirley Smith Pocheeasked

I was just about to sign up with Mable and Lets Get Care when I read your reviews. Thank goodness I have.
So can anyone recommend a good provider who doesn't take half your money in fees and pays their support workers well?

Ashlee P
Ashlee P
Mecea
Mecea

Get an answer from our members and Mable representatives