Mable
See the Best Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mable

Rob S.
Rob S.South East Queensland, QLD

Slow to pass on payments

I joined mable a few months ago and have answered around 30 adds and heard back from 2 of them and that resulted in one 2 hour job.
Client sent through payment and Mable finally passed on payment 2 weeks later.
Everyday I get job recommendations and click on them only to find at the end of the job details that I don't qualify because I'm male.. why send them to me in the first place?
I'm sure a lot of the jobs don't exist because they haven't been deleted from the system but it makes the platform look busy.
It works a bit like air-tasker with clients wanting blood out of a stone. Luckily I have found a full time position now with another company.

MableMableSend a private message

It needs improvements and more information for clients on how Mable works

Not many jobs available, most people have trouble using the platform due to lack of information, a lot of unresponsive and disrespectful users. A lot of time clients do not know how the platform works, not realising it’s all done in the platform and they keep asking for ABNs, invoices, etc. The only thing I find it’s great is the paperless and friendly use of timesheets.

Ingrid NewburySouth East Queensland, QLD

Ingrid Newbury

Hi, just to clarify, I’m the person who is the support provider.

MableMableSend a private message

Thanks for clarifying this Ingrid and please reach out to us if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Tracey
TraceyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible company but some good workers

Mable is a online platform to meet workers, there are some great workers on there but also terrible, exploitative ones and Mable won't take them off the platform even when there is evidence that they have been investigated by the safeguards commission.
Mable is fine until there is a problem and then they just don't care.

Services

Find out how Mable compares to other Services

Victor
VictorSydney, NSW

A useful but does not communicate wel

Cat L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

SW have no idea!

I have now used this many times now. And everyone I get someone who claims they know how to help me but everyone has there own agenda and has no ideas. I find some of them very pushy. And we'll some of they can be quite rude. I love if this could work but it doesn't.

Oh and Mable if your reading this your dumb message system dosent worker very good, as some of us like to write in paragraphs and not just one chunk of writing. If we the client are so important then our inbox would be easier to get to and answer mail.

I write you Mable email you don't respond

Just a bad experience

Cat L.

2 months to reply to this and still no reply to the original email. I won't be wasting my time emailing you. Good Day!

Robert H.
Robert H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A Workers point of view

Adam
Adam

Do not rely on Mables Reviews about their workers. They only allow positive reviews.

Mable does not allow you to post negative reviews that reflect negative experiences about their individual support workers. Positive reviews cannot be changed if those workers no longer reflect a positive review. Yet these Workers can change their name and keep the positive review provided under their old name. Mable needs to allow clients to give negative reviews about negative experiences with their workers not just positive ones that cannot be changed or removed later.

John
John

Need to show duty of care

some support workers registered on site just want to rot since disable persons receive NDIS funding. they would ask for exorbitant rate when they have no formal qualification or have little work experience. Mable is getting commission because of disable persons. Hence, they should step up in providing a duty of care from people rotting to vulnerable persons. support persons asking rate should be limited in my opinion. if you are lucky you find some nurses with great heart and soul only asking for $35 - $45 and if not, some support workers with few hours experience with no qualification asking for 65 an hour which is so morally wrong in my opinion.

Services

Find out how Mable compares to other Services

Sandy

Mable delete poor reviews on their website, don’t trust them.

I was a big fan of Mable at first and have been very happy with one regular support worker.
Unfortunately another worker breached food safety (dropped food on the floor, pretended she didn’t and then served to me with dirt in it). I was worried about the same thing happening to a blind man she also worked for, so lodged a formal complaint to Mable. They did nothing and also wouldn’t publish an honest review of her, despite me following up and Mable agreeing to publish it.
The worker also argued with me about what was OK to put in the dishwasher and ruined a frypan and broke a glass inside the dishwasher. My next support worker was appalled at the mess she left.
Be very wary choosing staff through Mable.

Kathleen B.
Kathleen B.asked

I rang Mable to make a complaint about a worker and the person who took my call couldn't find my file. So I couldn't register my complaint...

MableMableSend a private message

Thanks Kathleen. We've been able to locate your profile and we apologise again for any confusion. We'll be able to look into this further and can you please send us an email at info@mable.com.au? We look forward to your response.

Sally
Sallyasked

Why do you need to get a police check with Mabel if you already have a current one?

Traveller
Travellerasked

I was looking into becoming a Support Worker and checked out the Mabel platform and was horrified. It's like seems to use the Air BnB /Uber model of "limited care and no responsibility "to both to workers who register with them and to people with disability needing support. "We just put people in contact". You are not a "worker" for Mable, you are basically a sub-contractor which means Mable is trying to weazle of any responsibility for workplace safety and safety of clients (except for the most basic provision of Police Check and WCC). But unlike Air BnB and Uber you are dealing with vulnerable people which should place an even greater duty of care and responsibility on the online platform. I want to know how many clients have been abused or sexually harrassed by "workers". Where is their transparency? I want to know how many workers have been ripped off? How many have been injured or not been paid decently? Please do NOT check their permission to collect sensitive information tick box before reading through their privacy policy very carefully. In my view it basically gives them almost free carte-blanch to share your personal information to many third parties including advertisers etc and you can do virtually nothing about it. As soon as I read this policy I immediately deleted all my information and did not proceed any further. I then when looking for reviews. It seems not only make money charging out support workers who don't even work for them It's an online site that gathers your VERY personal information to sell and make profit as well. It seems to me that it's basically a marketing company that puts their own profits before the safety of workers and clients. Reading the reviews and experiences of workers and clients above have only further convinced me of this. I would not be surprised if Mable finds themselves in court just like Uber has on many occasions on breaches of workplace safety and if workers are subcontracters or employees etc. I really wish there was an ethical place for people with disabilities to get the support they need safely and for workers to be paid decently with decent conditions. Any ideas I'd love to hear.

Karen
Karen

Get an answer from our members and Mable representatives