Mable
See the Best Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mable

Denise
Denise

Starting out.

I am finding case managers/ clients are taking far to long to respond to messages. Adds are not clear enough. The word preferred should taken out and changed to specific when clients want a specific gender carer.

Eugenia Lindsay
Eugenia LindsayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Other rates

The support hours do not allow you to put different rates on for Saturday /Sunday or public holiday …
Also there are no KM rates for taking client to appointments … and with the cost of petrol ?

Donna R.Tasmania

Invoicing as a sole trader

Gillian GuestMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It’s ok

You get asked if you do private work so that they can not pay as much for services , it’s a flaw and meet and greets should have an automatic charge of 2 hours to cover fuel no matter what .

Donna
DonnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still waiting for payment after 5 weeks

Mable has been great to get me some really great clients, however l am still havent been paid for 5 weeks from one client. I have made several attempts to find out why but heard nothing. Not good when you have a mortgage and bills to pay.

MableMableSend a private message

It could be a lot better.

No assistance in choosing a cleaning person. Very slow in paying people. Persons we choose are pretty good and very courteous and professional. Always on time and know what they are doing all the time.

Sandra
SandraWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Takes too long to get paid

Getting paid almost two weeks after a shift, is an issue I dislike. I understand there’s some delays in the providers remitting payment, but it’s simply too much of a delay.
This is a main reason I’ve only taken on limited clients from this platform. Between invoicing a client, then it being forwarded to their provider, the provider deciding when to pay it. It’s a hindrance for those of us who are sole traders. We are at the mercy of everyone involved.
We outlay all of the costs up front.

MableMableSend a private message

Good: connection to clients, shocking: *almost* everything else

I've had steady work through Mable for 4 years. That's great, I think they're great for that. Love the flexibility between the clients and me.
But a lot of other things are just stress after stress. I had a car accident at work, with clients in the car and someone rear-ended me. Confident in having previously been told that yes, mable insurance (which I give up 15% of income for) would cover any resulting expenses, I thought it would be ok.
Long story short, 3 months later, and $1000s of dollars out of pocket, it is definitely not okay and I am still spending so much time chasing it up.

Review collected in partnership with Mable

Can find work fairly easily but needs improvement

Find out how Mable compares to other Services

Mable is a good platform.

I have worked with Mable for 3 years now. When I first commenced Mable staff where very quick to respond to emails, telephone calls. I now find as Mable has obviously grown, the turn around times are much, much slower. Payments and queries are again very slow. With regards to jobs advertised it would be great if jobs where shown and displayed as accepted, rather than just sitting there on the platform and not knowing. Overall happy with Mable.

You can do better

Customer service is hopeless as they just dont care about the workers and never follow up or have enough staff.
The IT platform continually forces changes, updates, errors, loss of alerts, changed alerts, its a big headache.

Kers
KersGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

good platform but payments take forever

this really works well connecting people but the big downfall is you dont get paid for weeks !!! ( unless you pay extra on top of you 10% for express payments ) If they can do that then they should be able to pay you asap all the time.

MableMableSend a private message

Hey Kers, we're sorry to hear your payments have taken longer than expected and we understand your frustration. We've shared this feedback with our team and thanks for taking the time to reach out.

Find out how Mable compares to other Services

Service is very hit and miss

Made enquiries in relation to onboarding a new client was given different answers from 3 different staff members for the same questions.Mable staff need to understand there service model a lot better.

MableMableSend a private message

Hey Brian, we're sorry to hear you've received conflicting information and we thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We take your feedback on board and please email us at info@mable.com.au if you have any questions.

Review collected in partnership with Mable

Works well enough until it doesn’t

Great idea and easy to use app, but if there are any issues with invoicing or payments then there is no urgency to get these paid and the worker is left to chase them up to get payment.

MableMableSend a private message

Hey Jack, we're sorry to hear you've had some delay with payments and we understand how this can be frustrating. We appreciate your feedback and please email us at info@mable.com.au with any questions you may have. Thanks.

Hans
HansCentral West, NSW

Useful organisation but online experience could be improved

We like the idea that support workers can be assisted by an organisation like Mable to set themselves up as independent contractors. But the process of finding and booking support workers isn't as easy as it could be. HireUp's search and booking system is much more user-friendly. You can actually see the bookings you've made with someone, whereas you can't with Mable. If we are engaging a worker for regular hours and shifts, Mable's system of direct messaging of the support worker is OK, but if we would like to try to find someone to fill in casually when a worker is unavailable the whole "post a job" process is more onerous than it needs to be.

Kathleen B.
Kathleen B.asked

I rang Mable to make a complaint about a worker and the person who took my call couldn't find my file. So I couldn't register my complaint...

MableMableSend a private message

Thanks Kathleen. We've been able to locate your profile and we apologise again for any confusion. We'll be able to look into this further and can you please send us an email at info@mable.com.au? We look forward to your response.

Sally
Sallyasked

Why do you need to get a police check with Mabel if you already have a current one?

Traveller
Travellerasked

I was looking into becoming a Support Worker and checked out the Mabel platform and was horrified. It's like seems to use the Air BnB /Uber model of "limited care and no responsibility "to both to workers who register with them and to people with disability needing support. "We just put people in contact". You are not a "worker" for Mable, you are basically a sub-contractor which means Mable is trying to weazle of any responsibility for workplace safety and safety of clients (except for the most basic provision of Police Check and WCC). But unlike Air BnB and Uber you are dealing with vulnerable people which should place an even greater duty of care and responsibility on the online platform. I want to know how many clients have been abused or sexually harrassed by "workers". Where is their transparency? I want to know how many workers have been ripped off? How many have been injured or not been paid decently? Please do NOT check their permission to collect sensitive information tick box before reading through their privacy policy very carefully. In my view it basically gives them almost free carte-blanch to share your personal information to many third parties including advertisers etc and you can do virtually nothing about it. As soon as I read this policy I immediately deleted all my information and did not proceed any further. I then when looking for reviews. It seems not only make money charging out support workers who don't even work for them It's an online site that gathers your VERY personal information to sell and make profit as well. It seems to me that it's basically a marketing company that puts their own profits before the safety of workers and clients. Reading the reviews and experiences of workers and clients above have only further convinced me of this. I would not be surprised if Mable finds themselves in court just like Uber has on many occasions on breaches of workplace safety and if workers are subcontracters or employees etc. I really wish there was an ethical place for people with disabilities to get the support they need safely and for workers to be paid decently with decent conditions. Any ideas I'd love to hear.

Karen
Karen

Get an answer from our members and Mable representatives

Extra Information