Maclaren Techno XT

See the Best 4-Wheel Prams & Strollers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best travel pram

We used this pram for the first time for our travel to Malaysia. It was the best idea ever as it folds easily and light to carry around. Its has a cover that keeps bub dry in case of rain.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Baby Online for $495.00.

Safety
Functionality
Manoeuvrability
Ease of Packing & Storage

Forget the pram, buy this stroller from the start!

Before I bought a pram, a good friend told me 'just buy a Maclaren', but of course I didn't listen and bought a pram (Jane Epic). My bub likes to lie flat to sleep and modern prams have a permanent 90 degree 'seated' shape even when tilted back, so he sleeps much better in this when out and about. This stroller turns on a dime, is light-weight but sturdy, folds easily and takes up far less room in the back of the car (it only fits horizontally in the boot of my XTrail as it is quite long when folded, but easily sits on top of other things like suitcases). I love the extra shade built into the hood and the fact I can steer it one handed through a doorway while holding the door open with the other hand, or through narrow shopping aisles. Yes, the basket isn't as big as those on full prams, but it's a lot sturdier than most other strollers so you can hang a light-medium weight nappy bag on the back with no issue.

My little boy is quite tall and is already growing out of the Epic, however the Maclaren will last for as long as he needs to be pushed around. I love my Maclaren Techno XT!

Most amazing stroller!

Lightweight, easy to close, top of the line features that are well thought out, outstanding quality material and ultra comfort...I have had many strollers but none compares to this!

Perfect!

I purchased the Techno XT before moving to NZ from Australia in Feb 2014. I previously had a big Steelcraft Pram. I like how small the techno folds, it fits into my Mazda 3 boot with plenty of room to spare. Very easy to manoeuvre around little shops in the mall and sturdy enough to take for small walks. As mentioned in other reviews, the basket is hard to reach when the seat is fully reclined, however it's not too much a hassle to pop the chair up and back down if I need to put something in it. Recline is simple and always done with one hand, not sure how other reviewers find it difficult to recline!?! Overall, worth every penny I paid for it and hold value too. I looked one up on trademe NZ tonight and exact same model/colour as mine is selling for $400!!

I can't find fault with this pram

Versatile, slim, maneuverable. We bought this pram with the arrival of our first. It came with everything. Sun canopy, rain cover, travel bag. We have traveled with this pram all over, and its light, quickly collapsible, easy to package. Super comfy, my boy has been in it since day one and still uses it and hes almost 3! Don't be fooled by expensive and complicated designer prams. This is your one stop shop, pimped up umbrella pram for all your needs. Its fully reclinable so its usable from 0-5. Love my Maclaren
Supe slim (Only mum going through super narrow aisles in super market)- Super affordable- Excellent turning Circle- Light- easy to fold- Can be fully reclined but also sits upright really well.
Only thing i can imagine someone would complain is that is forward facing and some people dont like that. Also if its windy the kids get the full wind but if you put the rain cover (which is included in the initial purchse) your bub will be snug and happy

best pram ever.

buy one. buy one now. its light, folds to nothing. baby lays back. fits a newborn basket. the sun shade goes all the way down. wheels are sturdy and absorb bounce. i had bought with my first child a massive does everything very expensive pram with air tyres. i broke it within a year pulling the stupid thing apart to put in the car over and over. it was heavy and large. everything this pram isnt. you can fit anywhere with a maclaren.
light. steer. design - its pretty. bought it on sale!

Worth every dollar

This stroller is perfect for a small car and is very light. It easily fits into my Hyundai Getz. There are some cons to it but the pros far outweigh them. I love using this stroller and enjoy shopping with it. The absolute winner for me is the very easy and smooth manoeuvrability. I can turn it around with one hand. I used it for my son since birth he's 18 months now and still using it.
Reclines all the way down, Very easy and smooth ride, easy to manoeuvre, canopy goes all the way down blocking all the sun, very light, fits into hatchback boot, easy to fold and unfold, good for newborns too.
Canopy starts sagging to the side after a while, weak canopy, small basket.

A great stroller for every day

We bought the Maclaren Techno XT after testing a large number of strollers and have been really happy with our choice. It is sturdy but light. It was not great for a new born but will last as baby grows. It is extremely easy to navigate tight spaces and suits an urban lifestyle.
The Techno XT is light and easy to get in and out of the car (once you get the hang of putting it up and down). Like all of the Maclaren strollers we tested it has great maneuverability and easily navigates tight spots (such as cafes and check out isles). The seat can be reclined completely making it ideal for baby to sleep in. The handles can be put up so it is more comfortable for my partner to use. The sun visor unzips and can cover the baby completely. The buckle on the five point harness was hard to use when we first bought it but it is now easy to use.
You can't attach a bassinet to the stroller or have a newborn facing you. I found this a bit frustrating for the first few weeks. But I bought the stroller as I knew it would be a good long term investment - although it would not be my first choice for a new born it is great for babies 3 months and up. The Maclaren Techno XT is great in the shops and any paved surfaces but can be bumpy on rough surfaces. The basket is only suitable for a small items and is difficult to access. This is common with umbrella style strollers.

I bought the Maclaren Techno XT over all others because it suits what I want out of a pram. It's light weight so it's easy on my back. It's mega easy to pop open and fold down and doesn't take up much room.
So often I see mothers wrestling about with their prams that seem to be the size of a small car and I don't see the point. You don't have to dismantle the thing to fit it into the car and there is still room for shopping.
Baby looks very comfortable, safe and protected from the elements. The sun shade bit opens all the way over to cover baby so there is no need for hanging anything extra over for shade.
When it's cold you can put the foot muff section on which pretty handy as you don't need extra blankets which can get kicked off and it makes a good sock catcher.
It also comes assembled in the 1 box so you don't have to fiddle about putting anything together (appart from the foot muff). And unlike most prams, what you see is what you get. A lot of prams are sold in sections, which is fine but all those bits and extras can really add up to crazy $$.
I know people have complained about the price of the pram but I think it is worth it. One of my friends has put her 3 kids through her Maclaren and it's still going strong. Plus if you keep it in good condition the Maclaren prams re-sale is quite good too.
Safe, very easy to use, light weight, looks comfortable for baby, no hidden extra costs.
I find it difficult to move the seating positions down but maybe I've not quite got the hang of it. I found the instructions hard to follow. It would be good if it came with a instructional dvd.

I am really happy with this pram and would recommend it. A versatile pram that is really convenient to use and made by a reputable company. Looks pretty nice too.
I did alot of research before buying a pram as it's such an investment, but went with the maclaren techno XT and haven't looked back! This pram is versatile as you can use it for newborns as it fully reclines and has a head rest and shoulder pads. At first I thought the sleeping bag was a bit gimmicky, but ended up really liking it as it protected my little one from the cold and I didn't have to worry about the blanket falling off or having to adjust it all the time as I have seen friends do. This is lightweight and so easy to get in and out of the car that it is no hassle at all. I'm quite petite and this was a major consideration for me. The hood is one of the best features on this pram - it extends and does a pretty good job of keeping the sun out - unless you are going for a walk in the evening as the sun is going down and so comes in from the side - but the sunlight isn't so strong at this time of the day anyway.
The basket is small so you can't do all your grocery shopping and put it in the basket. But a few items is fine.

The best stroller you can buy, worth every sent. You pay for what you get when it comes to strollers. I believe you should pay more for a great stroller and less on the pram/jogger, you will use the stroller more.
Has got everything you need and more. Super light, easy to fold, push with one hand, looks great (have been given many a jealous look from other mums), has suspension, multiple seat recline positions, padded straps and headrest, comes with raincover and footmuff, suitable for infant, reflector material, 3 handle heights. The Techno XT is worth the extra money.
Small basket but hey, it is a stroller!

See all Maclaren Techno XT / XT Elite reviews