Maclaren Techno XT / XT Elite

Maclaren Techno XT / XT Elite (page 2 of 2)

Techno XT, XT Elite

• Safety
  • Manoeuvrability
  • Ease of Packing & Storage

Bad

maccayidd

maccayidd

Good

A great pram, would not hesitate to recommend this pram to anyone. I've heard about the recall in America, but I'm sure if you follow the safety instructions and not let your child near the pram when opening it, it will be fine. You can also order for free, the protective covers for the mechanism that's caused the problem.
Easy to use, once you get the hang of it, the pram is narrow so it can go anywhere you need, I have seen heaps of people struggle with those wide 3 wheelers. Easy to clean, looks stylish, my baby seems really comfortable plus they are very secure.
Basket can only be accessed if seat is up

Bad

lilypie

anniefi

anniefi

Good

Very light with a small wheel base but not very robust, I don't think it would last through a second child
Light, small, folds easily
a bit fragile

Used by lots of celebrities ( e.g Matilda Ledger and Harlow Madden) so it must be a good stroller brand, Im pretty happy with it, my baby loves it highly reccomend.
Lightweight, easy to use, folds easy, looks good, love the foot muf and sun canopy!
Tiny shopping basket underneath - its hard to access!

clareeg

clareeg

I would highly recommend this stroller, it has been excellent from day 1 and i feel very smug when folding and unfolding.
It is so light weight, can be folded and unfolded with 1 hand whilst holding bubba. Very versatile, I used it from newborn and it grows well with bubba. The accessories are good. It is very easy to manouevre. Goes everywhere except sand.
Shopping storage is slightly small. Can't walk on the beach. no sun shade available.

We are very happy with this and would recommended it to anyone. Even though it is a little on the expensive side, the quality of this product is worth it and will last for a very long time.
Lightweight (8kgs with all the bits), well built, easy to fold and great materials. Can recline back all for new borns. Padded strap and soft headrest is great for those long trips to the shops. The handles are non-slip rubber so you won't sweat on it like some other inferior foam ones.
Small basket, price.

jycngldw

jycngldw

OK

ellabea

ellabea

An excellent stroller and worth the money. We were told in the baby store where we bought it that they never see Maclarens returned for repairs unlike many other prams.
Lightweight, easy to steer, easy to fold, compact and fits into a small car boot, good shade with the extendable hood, comes with a rain cover which can be used to protect the baby on windy days as well, suitable from newborn to toddler, easy to get through supermarket aisles and other narrow areas
Small storage basket which is hard to access when the seat is in a layback position. A little fiddly to get the seat to the layback position.

lisar5017

lisar5017Illawarra, NSW

The best stroller you can buy, worth every sent. You pay for what you get when it comes to strollers. I believe you should pay more for a great stroller and less on the pram/jogger, you will use the stroller more.
Has got everything you need and more. Super light, easy to fold, push with one hand, looks great (have been given many a jealous look from other mums), has suspension, multiple seat recline positions, padded straps and headrest, comes with raincover and footmuff, suitable for infant, reflector material, 3 handle heights. The Techno XT is worth the extra money.
Small basket but hey, it is a stroller!

I think its a great product.We use it everyday in the inner Melbourne area. It's also very easy to get up and down steps.
Great to use on public transport and high traffic areas. Very light and turns on a penny.Easy to fold and store.Can use from infancy and glad we didn't bother buying a pram.
Storage below the stroller a bit hard to access

deed05

deed05

Good

I was looking for a light weight, fuss free stroller to use from birth onwards that didn't cost a fortune. I think the Maclaren definitely satisfies this.
Easy to fold and unfold. It is really light weight - no problems picking up if you have had a caesarean. Easy to manuever and take on shopping trips.
Small shopping basket and because it is so light you have to be mindful of putting bags on the handles as the pram tips over (luckily this has not happened to me with baby in the pram).

Fantastic! Its not big and bulky so you can take it anywhere.
A great investment We have got our moneys worth easily!
Easy to use.
We have used ours from newborn onwards and our baby loves it.
The foot muff/ sleeping bag was good for keeping baby warm in winter.
basket underneath is a bit hard to get to.

See all Maclaren Techno XT / XT Elite reviews

Yazzzy

Yazzzyasked

I'm currently looking at buying either the Maclaren techno xt and silvercross pop2. They both have similar features but I'm mainly after the high weight capacity and the zipped extendable hood. Can anyone confirm that the tehno xt actually does have a zip extendable part in the hood?

Thanks in advance!

Emilia

Yes. The Maclaren TecnoXT has a zipped extendable hood with breathing mesh to protect from the sun and from over heating. It does not take weight well so it can warp if you put too much weight on the hood when its zipped (supermarket trips etc)

Janin

It does! That is one of our favorite thongs on this stroller. The hood extends completely and is extremely sturdy. Honestly, for me this was a best buy and I would not change it. It is easy to maneuver and super lightweight. The full recline is amazing too...still find it hard to believe that it is an umbrella stroller.

2cents

2centsasked

Does this recline to fully flat? Can it take a buggy board?

Emilia

It does recline fully flat. I used it for my first from day one. The buggy board i am assuming its those skate board thingies you attach at the back and if that is the case yes you can. The buggy board is an issue if you are short like me however. You cant push the pram properly as your feet crash against the board and its very uncomfortable.ive seen most short women walking beside as opposed to behind which can maybe cause injuries.

Ivydawn
Ivydawn

Not fully, but very nearly flat! It's so easy to just pull the little lever at the back up with one hand and slowly lower it when my daughter falls asleep and now that she's 2, also very easy to push it back up just with one hand again and it clicks into place itself.

Janin

It does recline all the way! It's awesome and comfortable because the baby stays sleeping there long lengths of time. However, I'm not sure what a buggy board is...

Get an answer from our members and Maclaren representatives

Other 4-Wheel Prams & Strollers