Macleans Extreme Clean

Macleans Extreme Clean

See the Best Toothpastes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for GSK? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Sensitivity Improvement Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Whitening Improvement Yes (1) · No (0)
  • Taste

Hayley
HayleyNorth Queensland, QLD

Ripped Off.

Just opened a new tube today only to it half empty. Seriously this isn’t good enough. Yeah it’s a good product and it’s a decent price but having a family of 4 this annoys me.

Purchased in April 2021.

Taste
Tony
TonySouthern and Hills, SA

Love the results.

Have been using this product for years and at 80 y.o. I have all my own teeth. Macleans Extreme Clean used twice daily suits me just fine.

Chloe
ChloePerth

Got a cavity and my teeth are yellow now

This stuff is very strong but the freshness only lasts like one hour and then your teeth feel gross again, as soon as I started using this my teeth have gotten worse and they were perfectly fine before, they are more yellow and get plaque sooner and the mint is so strong right after rinsing it is PAINFUL. Would just stick with oral b or Colgate, not whatever this stuff is made of.

cecilia.y.p
cecilia.y.pAU

Taste of bicarb

Bring back the original formula. My mouth do not feel fresh after each clean, it just taste like bicarb. It is considered a fail for a toothpaste. It is definitely missing the refreshing elements which the original formula had.

Find out how Macleans Extreme Clean compares to other Toothpastes

Be wary if you accidentally inhale some

I got distracted while brushing and accidentally inhaled a small amount. Resulted in choking and shortness of breath. Upon being able to breath again my throat is bleeding and feels burnt. Dangerous! Should have a warning label and keep out of reach of children. I don't know what is in this product but it is a hazard.

Unlike most, I enjoy the new formula

Yes I did prefer the cleaning experience with the old formula but I much prefer the results of the new one. I'm not fussed. I miss the old flavour and texture but honestly you only spend a few minutes a day brushing your teeth. I prefer the formula of the new one which it more important. Visibally whiter teeth!

Useless Crap

Tried this toothpaste (made in South Africa mind you) from Coles Supermarket in South Australia and the packaging splits down the join seam on the toothpaste body bloody useless crap.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Barca
BarcaSydney

Felt really good initially... but...

Other Toothpastes

Bring back the good toothpaste!

The new extreme clean fresh is a fail. We've gone back to cheap stuff in whatever brand. If it's going to taste bad it might as well be cheap.

Find out how Macleans Extreme Clean compares to other Toothpastes

Loved the old bubbly formula!

Please bring back the old formula - it was the absolute best!! This new one is so terrible!!! No foam, peeling skin on inside of cheeks, gross taste.

ByebyeBluebird
ByebyeBluebird

Made my mouth peel

I had used Macleans extreme clean whitening for over 8 years. Thought the new packaging looked a bit old school when I bought it. Didn't realise that they'd also failed by altering a tried and tested formula. For a few days in a row, the skin in my mouth started peeling and it clicked that the toothpaste was the only common item I had tasted. Don't know what they put in this stuff but I won't be using it again.

Other Toothpastes

Won't be buying this anymore

Worst taste and feeling, the original felt like it cleaned my teeth and freshened my breath. The new one feels chalky and after brushing I feel like I need to brush a second time. It doesn't foam up like it used to and if I had to compare it to another toothpaste I would say it is similar to the brand Aim, cheap and nasty.

Anon
AnonPerth

New flavour is the worst!

I'm so picky with toothpastes and have been happily using Macleans extreme clean for years now. The new formula tastes and feels gross. Really dropped the ball here. Makes me wonder what kind of test group was used, if any. I get the feeling Macleans has lost quite a few of it's long time customers. Hopefully they wake up and bring back the original.

Chris WPerth

The new Extreme Clean Fresh is not good - BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL FLAVOUR

I agree whole heartedley with the other reviewers on this page - Macleans have dropped the ball big time on this one. I rang to complain about the taste and asked why the flavour had changed. I also asked why there wasnt a warning on the pack but the rep from the call centre said that yes it had changed flavour and they were no longer making the original flavour. Unfortunately i cant even place what the actual taste of the original Extreme Clean Fresh was - Orange? Aniseed?

I would love to know if anyone out there has found a similar product to the original - let me know if you have

Chris W

For anyone interested - Aquafresh Extreme Clean Mint Zest is the closest thing to the original flavour. The only problem is you need to get it from Wallmart in America.
Hope this helps..... now to find someone going to the states........

Bernadtka Romanczuk
Bernadtka RomanczukThursday Island

I Wholeheartedly Agree with Naomi

I absolutely loved the old 'bubbly' version.. After buying the 'new formula', I have been hunting high & low for the old one.. Even the supermarkets don't seem to stock much, if any, of the brand.. Macleans have just downgraded themselves to be on par with every other toothpaste on the market.. Very disappointing.. Will be looking for another brand.. This just doesn't cut it.. P.S The tube has 'Feedback' details, (referring a phone number & website) but when you go on their website, there is no email address or form to contact them in writing! Lame, to say the least.