Macoda Mattress

Queen, King, Double, etc...

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.3

AUR
AURVictoria

Comfortable but too hot

I bought a king mattress in October 2020. I'm a side sleeper (1.70m and 60kg). Here is my review:
Drawbacks:
. Heavy. King mattress: 60kg
. It retains heat. I wake up at night to change position
Positive points:
. Comfortable. I don't have any back, hip, shoulder pain and my spine is well-aligned.
. Zero partner disturbance

Purchased in October 2020 for $1,100.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodDays
Caused DiscomfortYes
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Alex
AlexPerth, WA

I like to sleep

Comfortable, relaxing. Affordable, my quality of sleep is better deeper sleep.

It is durable. I dont think I will have to buy another mattress for a long time unless its for my children :)

Purchased in June 2020 at Hear For Less for $825.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodDays
Caused DiscomfortNo
Perceived FirmnessSoft
Other Mattresses

JustaPerson
JustaPersonCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Very comfy and pressure relieving but hot

Purchased in September 2020 for $1,050.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesYes
Caused DiscomfortNo
Perceived FirmnessSoft
Mattresses

Find out how Macoda Mattress compares to other Mattresses

Neko

Too hard and not supportive

According to endless research and reading countless reviews, I decided to try Macoda.

I found it too hard even on the "soft" setting. I've started developing shoulder pain because there is no support. Like sleeping on a rock.

I'm a front and side sleeper. Even sleeping on my front my ribs started to hurt due to how firm this mattress is.

I'm tossing and turning all night which is even more exhausting because of the 'quicksand' type feeling on the "softer" setting.

Going back to my old store bought mattress (which is a "medium" pocket coil hybrid, which is so much softer and supportive).

Purchased for $1,100.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Caused DiscomfortYes
Perceived FirmnessHard

Stacey Mc
Stacey Mcasked
Mattress

Hi, this is my 3rd night sleeping on my new Machida mattress. Mostly it feels like a cloud but my hips and ribs feel like they're hitting the springs. It really hurts, I've woken both mornings feeling bruised. Could this just be me getting used to a different mattress? I'm not a tiny girl at around 90kg, but I didn't expect this. I want to love it so much. Has anyone else felt this? Oh I have flipped it to firm, to see if that helped but it's the same issue. Thanks.

Macoda M.Macoda

Hey Stacey! Thanks for the question :)

Part of your experience could well just be an adjustment period (some people adjust quicker than others) however, you shouldn't be able to feel the springs. Shoot us an email at info@macoda.com.au and we'll work through it with you to see what's going on exactly and work out how best to help you!

Happy sleeping~

mandy
mandyasked
Mattress

On delivery what firmness is the mattress?
I know you can flip the inner foam, just want to know what its on when delivered

Macoda M.Macoda

Hey Mandy! The mattress arrives in the medium configuration :)

Shaeleen M.
Shaeleen M.asked
Mattress

I bought a macoda mattress in September I love it. I am moving interstate and want to know f it can be compressed and boxed up again?

Hi Shaeleen,

Great to hear you're loving the mattress! Unfortunately once they've been taken out of the box we can't re-compress them. An alternative option in your case might be to unzip the top layer and move the components separately. You should be able to roll up the foam inserts and the bamboo cover to make things easier :)

Happy sleeping,

Macoda

Get an answer from our members and Macoda representatives

Compare all 5 Macoda Mattress