Macpac Apollo

Macpac Apollo

4.1

Patrick R.

Patrick R.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Leaky floor on the Polaris ( bigger version of the Apollo)

I do not own the Apollo however I own the Polaris which is simply the larger version of the Apollo, all made out of the same materials. I bought a new Macpac Polaris tent in December 2019. Used it for a couple of weeks in fair weather and found it to be a fine tent. But then there were 3 days of rain. During which the floor became progressively more saturated until there were pools of water and all my stuff was soaked. As far as I can tell most of the water was getting in through the seams but also the floor material itself was waterlogged. By the way I posted a review to this affect on the Macpac website they didn’t put it up which makes me think that the rest of their reviews are also selective or possibly fraudulent.

Purchased in December 2019.

precisiontool

precisiontoolMELBOURNE

Very poor quality of material for outer cover.

ultraman69
ultraman69

RGM

RGMasked

What is "Free-standing"?

Begs

This means that you don't need any pegs to set it up. The benefit of this is if you need to camp on rock, a deck, a picnic area, or the ground is rock solid and pegs won't go in, then you can still erect the tent. It is also a lot quicker than having to put pegs in.

RGM

RGMasked

In all the info I've been able to retrieve, I still have no idea if this tent has any other openings or windows other than the main entry - as shown.
Does it offer any cross-flow of air?
Does it offer any ventilation?

Begs

Yes the new versions available now have fully mesh doors which have two flaps meaning that you can shut the zip on just the mesh or alternatively shut the zip on the material door and reduce airflow. And of course there are two opposite doors so airflow is good that way. Of course on the down side the more zips you have the weaker the structure. In our old tent that we had for more than 10 years it was the zip doors that went on them. We had them replaced and then they went also. So I am not so sure that it is a good design feature to have so many of them.

Get an answer from our members and Macpac representatives

CategoryTents