Macquarie Bank Online

Macquarie Bank Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

internet transfer not showing up

Transferred funds never shown up in both my Macquarie account.
New customer and now have to try and get the money back from NAB.
customer service on the phone terrible.
I thought NAB was bad but Macquarie is worse.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account

CMA account takes 2 days to transfer

Wow in 2019 it takes 2 days to transfer from a linked Macquarie transaction account to a linked Macquarie CMA account? Don’t even get me started about the call centres & “share trading app”. Glad I’ve got my commonwealth accounts the other banks offerings are light years ahead.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Terribly Shocking Interbank Account Transfers

A payment was processed from BPAY- transaction was visible that it has been done however the available amount remained zero for 3 days and finally was able to transfer to another bank- that again took 4 working days- Terribly slow service- not upto mark

Review TypeBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Culture of Arrogance

I have had an SMSF account with Macquarie for 17 years. I am trying to open a deposit account to get a little more interest. I managed this with another bank in a 5 minute phone call, account opened, money transferred, job done. The Macquarie staff have been unfailingly polite, but the culture of management arrogance clearly shows through. The amount of paperwork needed is unbelievable, not helped by my being emailed an expired form which they have refused to accept. Advice...think twice, explore alternatives.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

The only bank that can not clear Centrelink payments

So I signed up for this bank account as they were offering no fees and no ATM charges any ATM within Australia. They will simply just refund you the fee amount. I was waiting for my payment to go in there today and at 8 AM it still hadn't cleared in there. I called the call centre and they informed me that they were not able to clear Centrelink payments on the same day that people actually meant to be paid. They do not have any product which will actually clear money straight away so if you are someone who does kind of live day today and you wanna bank with Macquarie, please expect your pay to always clear late. There is nothing you can do to help this. ING direct also have the same set up where they're not 18 faces and no account keeping fees so you might want to give them ago before giving Macquarie ago.

Update: So, I tried to work out where I can deposit cash into this account. I called the staff who were extremely useless and told me, and I quote "Sydney branch can do it"! Now I am in Adelaide. I'm not going to go to Sydney to deposit money into an account that is already pretty rubbish anyway. Now I know what you might be saying, They have no branches etc and I get that, however, nor does CUA and they know this so it's set up now that I can go to any AustPost outlet and deposit funds straight into the account and It will be cleared instantly so there is no excuse other than trying to maximise profit over customer usability!

Review TypeGeneral Transactions